Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Real Estate
Hanover Park shopping center seeking village approval for new building Sep 30, 2014 4:46 PM
After struggling to land a tenant for a vacant restaurant in Hanover Park, developers are pinning their hopes on a new plan. New York-based Brixmor wants to tear down the building to make way for a new one in the Westview shopping center. “Having a vacant old building has not been very helpful for development in that area or for the shopping center,” Community Development Director Shubhra Govind said. “We’re happy to see a new building being proposed.”
Don’t waste a view; reflect it. Sep 29, 2014 6:00 AM
Q. We built our new home to take advantage of the great water views … except in the kitchen where we — duh — designed things so that when the cook (that’s usually me) is working at the main counter, her back is turned to the scenery.
Omron expands to new headquarters in Hoffman Estates Sep 29, 2014 5:32 PM
Creating a more inviting environment for customer visits without sacrificing access to transportation hubs were key reasons Omron Automation and Safety’s recently relocated from two Schaumburg buildings to one larger facility in Hoffman Estates. The new, environmentally-friendly location will serve as the headquarters for both North American and South American operations for the Japan-based corporation, Vice President of Human Resources Cindy Janssen said.
ComEd smart meters coming to Schaumburg Sep 28, 2014 4:31 PM
The village of Schaumburg is informing residents that ComEd representatives are scheduled to begin installing smart meters in the Schaumburg area in November as part of a $2.6 billion infrastructure investment to modernize its grid. A smart meter is a digital electric meter that uses two-way radio communications to collect usage information and securely transmits it to ComEd through a wireless connection.
Parents feeding U.S. housing recovery with aid to buyers Sep 28, 2014 6:14 AM
he Bank of Mom and Dad is playing a growing role as lender of last resort for a housing recovery struggling to provide more traction for the U.S. economy. Last year, 27 percent of those purchasing a home for the first time received a cash gift from relatives or friends to come up with a down payment,
Black lights can enhance Halloween decor Sep 27, 2014 6:00 AM
Creating a spooky atmosphere when decorating for Halloween is the ultimate goal. People will go to great lengths to establish film-worthy special effects and ghoulish details. Using black lights when decorating can cast an ominous glow and establish the desired atmosphere.
Aeroseal repairs heating ducts that leak money Sep 27, 2014 12:01 AM
It is impossible for anyone who lived through last year’s Polar Vortex to forget the bitter cold and heavy snow it brought to Chicago and much of the country. “When we have severe winters like that, it is natural to want to go home and hide from the cold,” said Joseph St. Pierre, sales director of Aeroseal Solutions, based in Crystal Lake.
How to compensate board members Sep 27, 2014 12:01 AM
Q. The members of the board of our condominium spend a tremendous amount of their time on association matters. Can the board set a salary to be paid to board members?
A rocky transition to double-digit mortgage rates Sep 27, 2014 12:00 AM
For the last 24 years, mortgage interest rates have been in the single digits, supporting a widespread presumption in the industry that this is the normal state of affairs. Yet mortgage rates were 10 percent or higher during most of the 11-year period 1979-1990.
What to do with empty student bedroom Sep 27, 2014 7:00 AM
In many households this month, parents are still grieving that their first child has gone off to college. For a parent who lives in a smaller home, this transition means that soon you will have extra space up for grabs.
A tribute to Al Carrell, a ‘super’ handyman and father Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Al Carrell, whose column has appeared in the Daily Herald’s real estate sections for many years, passed away Aug. 27. The following column by his daughter, Kelly Carrell, as a tribute to his memory. Kelly Carrell will continue to write “The Super Handyman” columns.
Libertyville design firm featured on HGTV.com Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Award-winning design professional Joan Suzio, owner of the Decorating Den Interiors franchise of Libertyville, has two room makeovers featured on HGTV.com’s Designer Showcase.
Buyer’s inspection contingency beats out seller’s ‘as is’ clause Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Offering a home “as is” doesn’t automatically let the seller keep a buyer’s deposit if an inspection turns up unexpected problems.
Flexible rules could extend mortgages to millions Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Are the two biggest players in the American mortgage arena — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — needlessly preventing millions of African-Americans, Latinos and young people from qualifying for a loan because they don’t have a FICO credit score?
No one disclosed faulty furnace pilot light Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Q. We bought our first home last month. It was built in 1948 and has a very old heating system. Our home inspector advised having the gas company check the furnace to make sure it was safe. The gas company said it was working fine.
Historic Schweikher House tours on Oct. 11 Sep 26, 2014 5:56 PM
The Schweikher House Preservation Trust invites the public to tour the 1938 Paul Schweikher home and studio, a Modernist home listed on the National Register of Historic Places and one of the top 150 architectural sites in Illinois. Forty-minute guided tours of the house, studio and grounds will be offered on Saturday, Oct. 11.
Kitchens are the heart of the home Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Several years ago when the walls came down, the open floor plan took off and home designs continue to cater to our more relaxed, busy lifestyles. Combining the kitchen and adjacent living areas into a large open gathering space fosters togetherness.
Decorate outdoor space as you would an indoor one Sep 26, 2014 4:12 PM
No matter how small or inconvenient your outdoor space, it is a physical and mental respite. And it doesn’t take a large sum of money to decorate your bit of paradise.
Mundelein offering Medline $1.8 million to stay in town Sep 26, 2014 5:06 AM
Medline Industries Inc., is considering whether to relocate its Mundelein headquarters and 1,600 jobs or expand on the 57-acre campus on Route 60. The village has agreed to provide up to $1.8 million in incentives and the company is said to also be discussing its plans with the state. "It would be a disappointment if Medline made any other decision but to stay in Mundelein," said Village Administrator John Lobaito.
Cary affordable housing project moves ahead despite opposition Sep 25, 2014 9:12 PM
An $18 million affordable housing project in Cary is moving forward after the village board approved Pedcor Investments’ planned 60-unit apartment complex targeted for a 4.5-acre lot at the northeast corner of First and Pearl streets. But opposition remains strong. “This places a high-level burden on the taxpayers of Cary, and enough is enough,” an opponent said.
- Pregnant Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Person in custody after death of Carpentersville woman
- Authorities: Blowtorch likely cause of Elk Grove building fire
- Hanover Park man charged with assaulting infant
- Wal-mart seeks to settle Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- Mayors oppose O'Hare noise property tax break
- Griffin: Why gas tax distribution varies in suburbs
- Rozner: Cubs, Girardi might be a match in fall of 2015
- Does your car have a secret warranty?
- 2 arrested on I-88 near Aurora with uncut heroin, crack
- Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Person in custody after death of Carpentersville woman
- Woman missing near Grayslake pond found safe
- Elgin officer fired after Facebook posts on Ferguson
- Lombard man killed by stray wheel identified
- Longtime Elgin attorney dies in plane crash near Plano
- Surprising van Riemsdyk turning some heads
- U-46 parents, students criticize new grading system
- Motorcyclist seriously hurt in Elk Grove crash
- Jewel-Osco admits to second data breach
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- OR RN - Nursing OR Registered Nurse Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center has a position for an Operating Room RN, Flexible Hours. Monday to Friday -No call. Experience preferred. FAX resume to 630-584-9805 or email to Laura Carlson at email@example.com. (id:4386695) DRIVER - PT - P/T Bus driver needed at Palatine Township, CDL with P endorsement a must, 8 hours/day, 2-3 days /week. Email resume to Jpeterson @PalatineTownship.com (id:4387132) DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive purchasing and distribution entity for Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the continental U.S. Responsible for selecting full cases of product from a warehouse pick lot, fitting items onto pallets, plastic wrapping the bundles and labeling completed pallets. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: -Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. -Ability to work a flexible schedule -Ability to work in a team environment -Willingness to cross-train in multiple departments -Warehouse experience desired National DCP offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life/ disability insurance, 401(k), holiday, vacation and personal time. Warehouse Selectors Apply Now! IN PERSON BETWEEN 9AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street Mokena, IL 60448 EMAIL: Recruiting@natdcp.com (id:4387013)
- DRIVER - 4324000 - Driver ? MAO, Inc. looking for local driver. Must have CDL-Class A or B, clean MVR. F/T with benefits. Hours Mon -Fri with some Saturdays. Please come in & fill out application at 201 S. Prospect Ave., Itasca, IL. Ask for Kevin Ley. (id:4386819) ROCKSTAR LINE COOKS! - 1-2+ Yrs Exp, No nights-wknds! 708.947.2940 or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386651) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer service Established Co. in Wood Dale seeks to fill two CSR positions. 1 for inside sales & 1 for service dispatch. Must be reliable & motivated persons to multitask & data entry. PC & phone skills a must. Co. will train. Excl. salary+benefits+401K +profit sharing. Fax 630-741-0128 (id:4387161)
- ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following opportunity available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK / FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidates will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individuals must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4386371) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing WE ARE STAFFING UP! Wise Plastics, a custom injection molding manufacturer has immediate openings on all shifts. Come GROW with us! We are looking for: Process Techs; Lead Operators, Setup Techs; Material Handlers; Warehouse; Quality Inspectors; Machine Operators and Assemblers. Send resume to HR@wiseplastics.com or visit us at 3810 Stern Ave, St. Charles (id:4387136) HEALTH CARE - Join the Aetna Better Health of Illinois team! Aetna Better Health of Illinois is looking for caring people who share our vision of helping to provide innovative, community-based health care for Family Health Plan members in Illinois. Aetna Better Health is a great place to work. As an employee, not only will you be helping others, you'll be part of a team just as dedicated as you. Our company values diversity and is dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals. Clinical Job Fair-Downtown Chicago Monday, October 6, 2014 11am -7pm The Wit 201 N. State Street Chicago, IL 60601 Clinical Job Fair-Downers Grove Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11am -7pm DoubleTree Suites and Conference Center 2111 Butterfield Road Downers Grove, IL 60515 Come prepared to interview with our managers. Please bring your resume! Job Opportunities -Clinical Care Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 19765BR and 19766BR -Case Management Coordinators (Bachelor's degree or non-licensed masters level clinician-social work, psychology, counseling) Requisition # 20813BR -Supportive Care Management Associates Requisition # 20474BR -Clinical Care Management Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 20475BR, 20515BR -Concurrent Review Nurse Requisition # 19770BR -Prior Auth Representatives Requisition # 20473BR -Director, Quality Management These positions will require local field based travel and may be eligible for telework consideration following successful completion of training and demonstrated performance. You can view available job opportunities and apply online before the events. Visit www.aetna.com/working , select Job Search, then select Search Openings, and input keyword "IL TANF." (id:4387165)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.