Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Real Estate
Why has Honda built a house? Mar 31, 2015 6:00 AM
There are no flying cars in Susan O’Hara and Stuart Bennett’s garage, nor robotic servants waiting to fetch their slippers and a martini when they arrive home. But the experimental house where O’Hara, Bennett and their 9-year-old twin daughters live is designed to give researchers an opportunity to flash forward several years.
US stocks move lower a day after big jump Mar 31, 2015 1:09 PM
US stocks move lower in afternoon trading as traders do some end-of-quarter profit-taking
US home prices rise modestly, weigh on affordability Mar 31, 2015 8:31 AM
US home prices climb 4.6 percent; sales held back by few listings and affordability crunch
Audit: NY Sandy relief program paid millions for flawed work Mar 31, 2015 1:55 PM
Audit finds NYC Superstorm Sandy relief program paid $6.8 million for flawed construction work
Movado and CBRE Group are big market movers Mar 31, 2015 2:37 PM
Movado, CBRE Group, Teck Resources, Kraft and Charter Communications are big market movers
Ally Financial lease deal keeps headquarters in Detroit Mar 31, 2015 3:03 PM
Ally Financial lease deal keeps headquarters in Detroit; plans to move other workers downtown
Charter nabs Bright House in latest pay-TV deal Mar 31, 2015 3:46 PM
As pay TV consolidates, Charter Communications buying Bright House Networks in $10B deal
Stocks gain on encouraging signs in spending and home sales Mar 30, 2015 2:09 PM
US market indexes close higher following encouraging reports on US home sales and spending
Sidewalk, curb, lighting work begins around Barrington Village Center Mar 30, 2015 5:52 PM
Work done at the village-backed commercial real estate project in downtown Barrington will begin directly affecting residents and drivers for the next month, the village announced Monday. The sidewalks adjacent to the Barrington Village Center, at Hough and Main streets, will be replaced, meaning pedestrians will have to use walkways across the street.
New apartment complexes coming to Lombard area Mar 30, 2015 6:17 PM
Developers could break ground on at least three multifamily housing complexes this year in and around Lombard, village officials say. Bill Heniff, director of community development, said numerous apartment ideas have been brought to the village in recent months — including the possibility of a 120-unit building being constructed on the site of the old DuPage Theatre — but only three have completed, or are close to completing, the entitlement process. If those three projects are built, Lombard will be home to 547 new rental units and 100 new townhouse units.
Small investors blame bad advice from brokers for big losses Mar 30, 2015 2:25 PM
Why you should be careful when taking advice from your stockbroker
Signed contracts to buy US homes climb to 20-month high Mar 30, 2015 8:39 AM
Signed contracts to buy US homes rise 3.1 percent in February, point to stronger spring sales
Delayed closing results in lodging costs for buyers Mar 29, 2015 12:00 AM
AQ. My husband and I recently signed contracts to sell our last home and purchase our current home. Both deals were scheduled to happen on the same day. Our movers were scheduled and everything was ready to go.
Make overnight guests fell at ease Mar 29, 2015 12:01 AM
It is common to stress out about hosting overnight visitors, but those living in a confined space seem to worry most. While everyone hopes their small space will provide the appeal of a charming bed and breakfast, if the accommodations are a sleeper sofa, the reality is far from perfect.
New home’s ‘noises’ won’t be easy to silence Mar 29, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. We live in a 16-month-old house. There are noises coming from pipes in two areas: the water heater — a few thumps happen each time water starts to flow; and the furnace — two pipes go from the furnace up through the ceiling, and there is a lot of creaking going on when the furnace is on, which is most of the winter here in the Chicago area.
Millennials shift to homeownership as rents soar Mar 29, 2015 7:38 AM
Americans in their 20s and early 30s are getting a nudge toward homeownership a decade after sales peaked during the housing bubble. It’s not their nagging parents. It’s rents, which have risen so much that buying is making more sense.
The steep costs of living so far apart from each other Mar 29, 2015 7:35 AM
In strictly economic terms, sprawl is inefficient. Spread people out, and it takes them longer to drive where they need to go, and it costs them more in gas money to get there. Disperse a few people over a lot of land, and that land is used inefficiently, too.
Listing of the week Mar 28, 2015 10:14 AM
The family that chooses to buy this French Country estate home located on 1.86 acres in Inverness will have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy life to the utmost. This house offers 5,100 square feet of living space, plus a walk-in attic, three-car garage and a finished basement with bar and fireplace.
Builder looks inward to grow Mar 28, 2015 10:15 AM
Lexington Homes isn’t really competing head-to-head with other new-home builders anymore. Most of its competition is existing homes marketed by real estate agents because the company has chosen to focus on smaller, infill parcels in established communities that were essentially “built out” years ago.
Dist. 211 renames new special-needs building Mar 28, 2015 7:30 AM
Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 will start next school year with an additional building with a brand new name to house new and relocated programs serving students and graduates with special needs. Renovation of the former Barrington Orthopedic building next to Hoffman Estates High School is on schedule and the building has just been renamed the District 211 Higgins Education Center, Superintendent Dan Cates said.
- Cubs: Wrigley Field will be ready for opener
- One person found shot at Lake Villa area bar
- Three groups merge to create mega local hospice organization
- Student with BB gun apprehended at Schaumburg H.S.
- Special report: Doctors doubt Shaken Baby Syndrome science, fear bad convictions
- DuPage County prosecutors probing College of DuPage, charges appear unlikely
- Every District 214 student will have an iPad within two years
- Jogger uses pepper spray to fight off Busse Woods assailant
- Harper College formally launches free tuition program
- Krishnamoorthi plans, Noland considering bids for Congress
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Spain: 3 generations, all named Emma, die in France crash
- The pluses, minuses of educators serving on school boards
- Dawn Patrol: Final Four field is set; Elgin man loses arm
- Jogger uses pepper spray to fight off Busse Woods assailant
- Elgin man loses arm after accident at Bartlett pasta plant
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Top GOP legislators pan Pence over defense of religious law
- Joining Hawks 'means a lot' to Hinostroza
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- JOB FAIR - COME AND EXPLORE THE EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIARWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER JOB FAIR Giveaways!!! Refreshments! WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 1:00 PM -5:00 PM WHERE: 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD. SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194 Bridgewater place -SARAH'S GROVE Career Opportunities Available: Registered nurse (FT/PT/POOL) Certified nursing assistant (FT/PT) ON-THE-SPOT INTERVIEWS will be offered! Bring your resume! Friendship Village offers excellent salary and benefits. www.friendshipsenioroptions.org Friendship Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4402540) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) LEAD WEBMETHODS DEVELOPER - Lead Webmethods Developer eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Lead Webmethods Developer. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Dsgn, build, or mntn web sites, usng authrng or scriptng lnguges, contnt creatn tools, mngmnt tools, & digital media. Cnfr w/ mngmnt or dvlpmnt teams to prioritize needs, reslve conflcts, dvlp contnt criteria, chooz solutns. Mxmz site up-time by mngng operatns; reslvng outages. Req exp w/ Webmethods, WebSphere, JMS, EnterpriseOne adapter, & Oracle. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI33; EOE (id:4401965)
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Social Services -Help at Home, Inc has immediate openings for the following positions in DeKalb, DuPage, Kane, and McHenry counties: Homemakers DCFS Case Aides Respite employees CNA's We are proud to offer Union Benefits and higher wages. We also offer paid Holidays, paid vacation, Travel Time, Mileage, and full Health and Dental Insurance. During this limited hiring time, we are offering free training and sign on bonuses. Contact Sam at (630) 443-1800. (id:4402161) ASSOC TECHNIAL DIRECTOR - Assoc Technical Director Assoc Technical Director: Oversee build, deployment & release processes, administer & manage a multi tiered distributed internet hosting infrastructure, resp for maintaining agile app support & development tools, & automation. Duties: collaborate w/cross-functional teams to implement maintenance changes & functional enhancements; provide leadership on implementation of configuration files, build & deployment templates; serve as the tech expert for DEV, QA, Staging & Production environments & execute multi branded releases; monitor system & app health; resp for on-call escalation for ops & app issues; monitor & ensure consistency of build; document How-To knowledge repository & friction points, common implementation problems & develop tech recommendations; provide tech support, assistance & guidance to Project Mgrs & Team Leads; administer & own build & deployment systems & processes; evaluate new tools & tech-nologies, presenting business case recommendations to agency & client mgmt; promote build & release process efficiency through automation using processes, existing tools & enhancements. Chicago loop location. Req's B.S. in Comp Sci & 5 yrs of post-degree, progressive exp as Project Lead. Exp must incl: a) Websphere Application Server, Tomcat, JBoss; Solution architect on Enterprise middleware technologies; b) performance mgmt tools (jProfiler, jProbe); c) systems & app monitoring software (HP OpenView, Nagios); d) Perl & Shell scripting; e) Internet/e-Com app development; f) Java build tools (ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins); g) designing, installing & managing multi-tiered distributed hosting infrastructure, both Virtual (VMware, Citrix XenServer) & Cloud based (Rackspace, Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus); & h) change mgmt systems & version control tools (JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase). Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4402713) HUNTLEY FIREFIGHTER - is accepting applications for FIREFIGHTERS Application Deadline: 4pm. on 4-27-15 Application Fee: $30 Entry-Level and Subjective Written Exam: 9am, 5-16-15, Huntley HS Contact: IOS Recruitment Recruitment.iosolutions.org 800-343-HIRE firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402403)
- LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is not only the MIDWEST"S #1 VOLUME family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. How do we do continue to do it? By always hiring THE BEST individuals to work at our stores. And once we hire the best individuals, we train them to be even better by providing them with all the necessary skills for success. We try to do things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, we are looking to hire 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals...NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY...if you have the right attitude; we have a job for you! WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University & on-going training on-the-job An outstanding pay plan. Our top sales associates made over $100,000 last yr. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance - Good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Monday, March 30, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd -At the corner of Golf & Plum Grove Rd in Schaumburg -Across from Schaumburg Honda Automobiles No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402684) DRIVERS - TRUCK DRIVERS-OTR/ CLASS A CDL Ashley Distribution Services in Romeoville, IL seeks: -LTL TRUCK DRIVERS (Multiple stop loads to retail stores!) Annual avg earning potential $78,000 year (local position home daily) -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) Annual avg earning potential $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -Full Benefit Package-Paid Holidays Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4402612)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.