Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Prospect Heights District 23
Editorial: Time for a checkup on red-light camera use Nov 28, 2014 5:01 AM
Red-light cameras are in the news again, so perhaps it's time for towns to do a checkup on them. Are they being used for safety, and not revenue? a Daily Herald editorial asks.
Dist. 15, Rolling Meadows police crack down on drivers who ignore bus signs Aug 14, 2014 5:49 PM
A maker of red-light cameras has found new business in suburban school districts. Several are experimenting with cameras that catch drivers blowing stop signs on school buses. In Rolling Meadows, police will review footage to catch violators and issue $150 tickets.
Dist. 23 teachers OK last two years of contract May 7, 2014 5:39 PM
The teachers union in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 has OK'd a tenative agreement that finalizes the last two years of the current employment contract. The school boards will vote May 15. Dan Perillo, spokesman for the teachers, called the deal a "compromise."
Arlington Heights leaders host “community conversation” May 5, 2014 5:46 PM
Officials from Arlington Heights’ library, park district, school districts and other governing bodies got together last week to discuss the state of affairs in the village during the first of what’s expected to become an annual “State of the Village: A Community Conversation.”
Prospect Hts. teachers, school board reach tentative deal Apr 30, 2014 4:06 PM
Teachers in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 have reached a tentative agreement with the school board on the last two years of a four-year contract first approved in 2011, officials said. “We’re excited about this,” said Mari-Lynn Peters, president of the District 23 school board. “We hope the union members give it a positive vote.”
Slow pace of contract talks frustrates Prospect Heights, Mount Prospect educators Dec 12, 2013 5:06 PM
Teacher-contract talks have gone more slowly than expected in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23, a situation that has frustrated both sides. The negotiations are proceeding with the help of a federal mediator, and the recent goverment shutdown delayed talks, officials say. Meanwhile, talks continue in nearby Mount Prospect Elementary District 57, also with the help of a federal mediator.
Annual toy drive still in need of donations Dec 4, 2013 6:09 PM
One of the largest toy drives in the Chicago area, which delivers 6,000 toys to 60 locations across the city and suburbs, is in need. “We’re down,” says Frank Davis of Prospect Heights. “It’s already December and donations are way down.” He and his father-in-law, Jim Harney, are not out, however. They have faced adversity before — and recovered even stronger.
Pass a stopped school bus at your peril in Prospect Heights Nov 29, 2013 1:05 PM
Prospect Heights and Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 will partner to put cameras on school buses to catch drivers who illegally pass stopped buses. A new law legalizes the use of cameras on school buses, just as red-light cameras are used at traffic signals.
Prospect Heights school will honor veterans Oct 21, 2013 5:29 PM
Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 will honor U.S. military veterans again this year on Veterans Day. All veterans living or working in the district and their families are invited to breakfast and a program on Monday, Nov. 11, at MacArthur Middle School, 700 N. Schoenbeck Road, just south of Palatine Road.
What’s fair in D23 is true for citizens, too Oct 21, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Willard Bishop of Barrington Hills says as teachers in Prospect Hts. ask for a fair wage, the citizens of Prospect Hts. ought to be able to get fairness, too.
Dist. 23 teachers ask for contract at meeting Oct 10, 2013 8:20 AM
Dozens of teachers in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 appeared at Wednesday's school board meeting to show their determination to get a contract. The teachers union and the district are negotiating compensation levels for the final two years of a four-year employment contract. The two sides recently enlisted the help of a federal mediator, but the government shutdown has forced talks to be put on hold.
Some schools sweating through heat wave without air conditioning Aug 27, 2013 5:30 AM
With the heat index inching closer to 100 degrees this week, students in some suburban schools are trying to keep cool without the benefit of air conditioning in the classroom. “It is a bit of a distraction because you’re trying to get your school year going,” said Mary Pat Johnson, of St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in West Dundee. “But there’s nothing you can do.”
District 23 bids farewell to longtime orchestra leader May 30, 2013 2:01 PM
Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 is hosting a farewell concert Friday honoring Susan Blaese, the 33-year orchestra director who is retiring. "She took the average middle school program and turned it into a state-recognized program," MacArthur Principal Steven Lee said. In addition to the combined performance of the “1812 Overture,” former students, retired faculty, colleagues and important people to Blaese’s career will attend and honor her lifetime of work.
New sidewalk too elaborate, expensive Apr 5, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Jill Jacobsen says she's all for children being able to safely walk to school , but the upcoming sidewalk project on Schoenbeck Road is just too elaborate for the need. "I just fail to see why our tax money is being spent when children are already able to safely walk where the sidewalk will be built," she said.
Judith Zimmerman: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Judith Zimmerman, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jeff Bowes: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Jeff Bowes, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Martha Olsen: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Martha Olsen, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Veterans honored at Northwest suburban schools Nov 9, 2012 4:45 PM
Hundreds of people filled the gym at Saint Hubert Elementary School in Hoffman Estates Friday to celebrate and honor veterans. The program included patriotic music from the school band, speeches by some of the more than 70 veterans present, and a rememberance of those who died in action or are missing. "It's a feel-good day for everybody," Assistant Principal Marcia Larson said.
Northwest suburbs loses longtime music educator Sep 6, 2012 1:15 PM
Band directors and former students around the Northwest suburbs are mourning the death of Robert Henry, who taught band students in District 57 for nearly four decades, before retiring to teach privately. "Students loved him, and he had a huge impact on the success of our Hersey and MacArthur Junior High School band programs for many years," says Scott Casagrande, Hersey High School band director.
Kids invited to spend 'Day as a Knight' Aug. 12 Jul 30, 2012 5:30 PM
Have an aspiring musician or dancer in your family? Then you'll love this chance for your budding prodigy to spend “A Day as a Knight” – an interactive musical fun fair, sponsored by the Prospect Marching Knights, Prospect High School's marching band and color guard.
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to murder in sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- 3 sent to hospital in Elgin crash
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Cashews secret ingredient in creamy vegan soups
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- 'Food Court Wars' eatery closing in West Dundee
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- St. Charles police station needs $1 million upgrade
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.