Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Prospect Heights District 23
Dist. 15, Rolling Meadows police crack down on drivers who ignore bus signs Aug 14, 2014 5:49 PM
A maker of red-light cameras has found new business in suburban school districts. Several are experimenting with cameras that catch drivers blowing stop signs on school buses. In Rolling Meadows, police will review footage to catch violators and issue $150 tickets.
Dist. 23 teachers OK last two years of contract May 7, 2014 5:39 PM
The teachers union in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 has OK'd a tenative agreement that finalizes the last two years of the current employment contract. The school boards will vote May 15. Dan Perillo, spokesman for the teachers, called the deal a "compromise."
Arlington Heights leaders host “community conversation” May 5, 2014 5:46 PM
Officials from Arlington Heights’ library, park district, school districts and other governing bodies got together last week to discuss the state of affairs in the village during the first of what’s expected to become an annual “State of the Village: A Community Conversation.”
Prospect Hts. teachers, school board reach tentative deal Apr 30, 2014 4:06 PM
Teachers in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 have reached a tentative agreement with the school board on the last two years of a four-year contract first approved in 2011, officials said. “We’re excited about this,” said Mari-Lynn Peters, president of the District 23 school board. “We hope the union members give it a positive vote.”
Slow pace of contract talks frustrates Prospect Heights, Mount Prospect educators Dec 12, 2013 5:06 PM
Teacher-contract talks have gone more slowly than expected in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23, a situation that has frustrated both sides. The negotiations are proceeding with the help of a federal mediator, and the recent goverment shutdown delayed talks, officials say. Meanwhile, talks continue in nearby Mount Prospect Elementary District 57, also with the help of a federal mediator.
Annual toy drive still in need of donations Dec 4, 2013 6:09 PM
One of the largest toy drives in the Chicago area, which delivers 6,000 toys to 60 locations across the city and suburbs, is in need. “We’re down,” says Frank Davis of Prospect Heights. “It’s already December and donations are way down.” He and his father-in-law, Jim Harney, are not out, however. They have faced adversity before — and recovered even stronger.
Pass a stopped school bus at your peril in Prospect Heights Nov 29, 2013 1:05 PM
Prospect Heights and Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 will partner to put cameras on school buses to catch drivers who illegally pass stopped buses. A new law legalizes the use of cameras on school buses, just as red-light cameras are used at traffic signals.
What’s fair in D23 is true for citizens, too Oct 21, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Willard Bishop of Barrington Hills says as teachers in Prospect Hts. ask for a fair wage, the citizens of Prospect Hts. ought to be able to get fairness, too.
Prospect Heights school will honor veterans Oct 21, 2013 5:29 PM
Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 will honor U.S. military veterans again this year on Veterans Day. All veterans living or working in the district and their families are invited to breakfast and a program on Monday, Nov. 11, at MacArthur Middle School, 700 N. Schoenbeck Road, just south of Palatine Road.
Dist. 23 teachers ask for contract at meeting Oct 10, 2013 8:20 AM
Dozens of teachers in Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 appeared at Wednesday's school board meeting to show their determination to get a contract. The teachers union and the district are negotiating compensation levels for the final two years of a four-year employment contract. The two sides recently enlisted the help of a federal mediator, but the government shutdown has forced talks to be put on hold.
Some schools sweating through heat wave without air conditioning Aug 27, 2013 5:30 AM
With the heat index inching closer to 100 degrees this week, students in some suburban schools are trying to keep cool without the benefit of air conditioning in the classroom. “It is a bit of a distraction because you’re trying to get your school year going,” said Mary Pat Johnson, of St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in West Dundee. “But there’s nothing you can do.”
District 23 bids farewell to longtime orchestra leader May 30, 2013 2:01 PM
Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 is hosting a farewell concert Friday honoring Susan Blaese, the 33-year orchestra director who is retiring. "She took the average middle school program and turned it into a state-recognized program," MacArthur Principal Steven Lee said. In addition to the combined performance of the “1812 Overture,” former students, retired faculty, colleagues and important people to Blaese’s career will attend and honor her lifetime of work.
New sidewalk too elaborate, expensive Apr 5, 2013 5:00 AM
Letter to the editor: Jill Jacobsen says she's all for children being able to safely walk to school , but the upcoming sidewalk project on Schoenbeck Road is just too elaborate for the need. "I just fail to see why our tax money is being spent when children are already able to safely walk where the sidewalk will be built," she said.
Judith Zimmerman: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Judith Zimmerman, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jeff Bowes: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Jeff Bowes, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Martha Olsen: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Candidate information for Martha Olsen, running for Prospect Heights District 23 School Board (4-year Terms)
Veterans honored at Northwest suburban schools Nov 9, 2012 4:45 PM
Hundreds of people filled the gym at Saint Hubert Elementary School in Hoffman Estates Friday to celebrate and honor veterans. The program included patriotic music from the school band, speeches by some of the more than 70 veterans present, and a rememberance of those who died in action or are missing. "It's a feel-good day for everybody," Assistant Principal Marcia Larson said.
Northwest suburbs loses longtime music educator Sep 6, 2012 1:15 PM
Band directors and former students around the Northwest suburbs are mourning the death of Robert Henry, who taught band students in District 57 for nearly four decades, before retiring to teach privately. "Students loved him, and he had a huge impact on the success of our Hersey and MacArthur Junior High School band programs for many years," says Scott Casagrande, Hersey High School band director.
Kids invited to spend 'Day as a Knight' Aug. 12 Jul 30, 2012 5:30 PM
Have an aspiring musician or dancer in your family? Then you'll love this chance for your budding prodigy to spend “A Day as a Knight” – an interactive musical fun fair, sponsored by the Prospect Marching Knights, Prospect High School's marching band and color guard.
Hersey, MacArthur bands end year with SuperState titles May 23, 2012 9:03 AM
The John Hersey High School Symphonic Band and the MacArthur Middle School Concert Band played their way to Honor Band titles at the Illinois SuperState Concert Band Festival. "They continue to amaze me at what they can accomplish when they put their minds to it," said Scott Casagrande, Hersey director of bands.
- Hossa hits milestone where it all began
- Smothering boyfriend is driving her crazy
- Judge denies delay for Crystal Lake bleacher demolition
- Top 10 tips for a super successful garage sale
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Metra hiring 31 new coach cleaners
- Gagging can have many causes
- Police: Woman's caretaker racked $16,000 credit card bill
- Life after smartphones is robot cars for Panasonic
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.