Activate Your Free
Articles filed under New Homes
Pampered Chef restructures, lays off workers Feb 24, 2014 5:42 PM
Addison-based Pampered Chef, whcih is owned by Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway, said Monday it has restructured its local office and warehouse.
Contracts to buy U.S. homes fall for 5th month Nov 25, 2013 4:19 PM
The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes fell in October for the fifth straight month. Higher mortgage rates, price increases and the 16-day partial government shutdown held back sales. The National Association of Realtors said Monday that its seasonally adjusted pending home sales index dipped 0.6 percent to 102.1. That’s the lowest level since December. September’s reading was revised slightly higher to 102.7. There is generally a one- to two-month lag between a signed contract and a completed sale. The drop suggests final sales will remain weak in the coming months. The Realtors’ group said the shutdown prevented the IRS from verifying incomes, a critical part of the mortgage-approval process. The group said that 17 percent of Realtors reported delays. Sales may rebound a bit in November as purchases delayed by the shutdown are completed. But sales are not expected to pick up much after that. “The recovery in home sales has clearly at least stalled,” said Jim O’Sullivan, chief U.S. economist with High Frequency Economics, a forecasting firm. “With other data showing the recovery in the labor market still on track, and confidence moving up again, we expect home sales to start trending up again in coming months.” A limited supply of homes has pushed up prices in the past year. Prices of existing homes jumped 12 percent in September from the previous year, according to real estate data provider CoreLogic. Signed contracts fell sharply in the West, where investors have snapped up foreclosed homes and bid up prices in the past year. Signed contracts also slipped in the South, another area hit hard during the crisis. But contracts rose last month in the Northeast and Midwest. Mortgage rates have eased but remain nearly a point higher than they were in the spring. The average rate on a 30-year mortgage fell to 4.22 percent last week from 4.35 percent the week before. That’s down from a peak in August of nearly 4.6 percent and still low by historical standards. Last week, the Realtors said sales of existing homes fell 3.2 percent in October to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.12 million, down from a pace of 5.29 million in September and the slowest since June. Sales at an annual rate of about 5.5 million are consistent with a healthy market. Sales should rise about 10 percent this year to 5.1 million, the Realtors’ group predicts. About 4.67 million homes were sold in 2012. But it expects sales will be roughly flat next year.
New-home buyers seek great rooms, spas, connectivity Nov 16, 2013 6:00 AM
New-home buyers are coming back, but they don’t want the same old McMansion. They want a house they can use. That means a “great room” where everyone can gather — and a spalike bathroom to escape from the crowd.
Model home profile features the Jasper in Walnut Glen Nov 8, 2013 12:08 AM
Nestled in the Black Crown Forest Preserve, Walnut Glen features large family homes and oversized home sites that back to ponds, trees and open space. William Ryan Homes offers 11 floor plans at Walnut Glen in Island Lake.
Area builders offer selection of houses for quick delivery Oct 19, 2013 6:00 AM
Dreaming of celebrating the holidays in a different home than you did last year? It isn’t too late to make that change, according to area builders. Most have a nice selection of immediate delivery homes that you can move into within weeks or months, if you so desire.
No limit to how nice a basement can be Sep 20, 2013 12:11 AM
Homebuyers often look down below to extend the living space of their homes. Builders can provide a finished basement with family room, entertainment area, office and exercise room — or all of the above.
King’s Court ‘customizes’ its business plan Sep 14, 2013 1:00 AM
One of the most respected and successful custom homebuilding companies in Naperville and surrounding communities got its start in a university classroom. When its founder, Pete Stefani, was a senior at Benedictine University enrolled in a business management class, he had to do the prep work to start his own company, including coming up with a name for it.
Area homebuilders see improving market Sep 6, 2013 12:12 AM
The housing market is improving nationally and in Chicago submarkets, with new construction strong and improving at a quicker pace than other submarkets, said Lance Ramella, senior vice president at John Burns Real Estate Consulting.
Bowes Creek Country Club presents Harvard model home Aug 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Bowes Creek Country Club presents the Harvard, a luxury model home in its Masters Collection of single-family estate homes with wonderful views of nature and green spaces. The Masters Collection of 159 homes is offered by Toll Brothers, developers of the Elgin community.
Upscale Hoffman Estates neighborhood plan draws laughs, objections Aug 28, 2013 9:38 PM
Residents of an upscale Hoffman Estates neighborhood are objecting to a developer's plans to builder smaller homes on vacant lots in their subdivision, saying the lesser properties would diminish their community's value and character. “If we go ahead with this plan, we'll lose the neighborhood's value,” Devonshire Woods resident Dennis Barot said.
Waterford at Prairie Park featured in model profile Jul 26, 2013 12:04 AM
Prairie Park’s Waterford model won a gold key award and remains the Wheeling community’s most popular floor plan. The design shows many great features that appeal to a lot of people, said Jamie Smith, vice president of marketing for Smith Family Construction Inc., developer of the community.
Local builders see impact of housing rebound Jun 22, 2013 5:00 AM
Housing demand is up in recent months. Many real estate professionals say multiple offers and mini-bidding wars on houses are becoming almost commonplace again, resulting in rising sale prices. A low inventory of existing homes is prompting many buyers to look at new construction.
New Lombard townhouse community opens model home Jun 21, 2013 4:55 AM
Fresh designs, adaptable space and attractive pricing beckon buyers to The Orchards, a new townhouse community in Lombard. With wooded views and quiet cul-de-sacs, the development by M/I Homes showcases its Charlestown Series of three, two-story designs, including the Braeden model.
Builders see more business-related moves May 18, 2013 4:00 AM
Relocations, both long distance and within the area, are increasing as corporations begin to move their people again and individuals choose to return to the Chicago area or move for personal reasons. Many of those relocating, especially those moving for their job, do not have the luxury of time.
Vista and Tuscan model homes open at Symphony Meadows May 17, 2013 10:24 AM
Two new model homes wow visitors at Symphony Meadows, a master-planned community in Volo with scenic wetlands, conservation areas, lakes and nature trails. The new models, the Vista and the Tuscan, are receiving rave reviews, said Chris Naatz, vice president of sales and marketing for D.R. Horton.
Plote Construction associated with homes, too Apr 24, 2013 10:00 AM
The Plote name is well known for heavy road construction throughout the Northwest suburbs. But few realize the breadth of the family's interests and holdings, such as Plote Homes LLC, which was originally established as Par Development in 1989. The home-building company is run by Dan Shepard, executive vice president.
Many young buyers shy away from older houses, foreclosures Apr 13, 2013 5:19 AM
First-time buyers are actively driving the housing market as they tire of high rents, waiting to own or their lack of building equity. The housing crash that took place about four years ago caused many potential buyers to delay their plans for a significant period of time, but now they are jumping into the market in increasing numbers.
Campton model home opens at Ingham Park in Aurora Apr 12, 2013 10:52 AM
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Aurora is a new home community, Ingham Park, that offers exciting kitchen designs and larger secondary bedrooms for children's active lifestyles. At Ingham Park, Ryland Homes is building seven floor plans that feature 9-foot first-floor ceilings, four bedrooms, 2½ to four baths and a three-car garage.
Stronger energy efficiency rules kick in for builders Mar 23, 2013 5:17 AM
Homes built in 2013 will be 32 percent more energy efficient than those built under the energy codes that went into effect in 2006, thanks to new regulations put in place Jan. 1 by the state of Illinois, said Roger Gerstad, owner of Gerstad Builders of McHenry.
Buyers of new homes can’t wait to move outdoors Mar 22, 2013 4:00 AM
Many homebuilders incorporate outdoor living spaces into their overall home design. The yard and garden become part of the floor plan when sliding glass doors open to patios and decks and beautiful backyards.
- Nurses' care sparks legacy gift to Northwest Community Hospital
- Prosecutors: No charges yet in juvenile sexting, cyberbullying case
- Trial date set in 2013 murder of Elgin artist
- Police: Illinois sex offender molests girl
- N. Barrington attorney charged with home invasion, firing gun
- Hawks' Kane strong on defense, too
- Neighbor charged in Elgin murder has long rap sheet
- Sunday picks: Bob Dylan's tour hits Cadillac Palace
- South suburban man sought in Lake Co. murder
- Does reality TV hurt girls?
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Neighbor charged in Elgin murder has long rap sheet
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Police: Suspect in custody in Elgin woman's murder
- Harry's gets new owners, will reopen with new name
- Arlington Hts. native paralyzed in crash
- Imrem: Time to let pros take over operation
- 3 accused priests named in new files served Palatine parish
- Chinese investor offers $100K for former Elgin school
- Glen Ellyn park officials regrouping after pool referendum defeat
- Naperville crash victim loved laughter, music, dogs
- DRIVER - PT - Driver -CDL driver A or B Local deliveries 32-36 hrs per wk. Minimum 3 yrs experience Fax 630-595-7911 (id:4390633) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted ALL SHIFTS OPEN & AVAILABLE Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 Phone 847-420-1785 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4390269) HOTEL - Hotel Where your co-workers are like family and success is always shared. The Lincolnshire Courtyard is hosting a Job Fair on Wednesday, November 19 , 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm 505 Milwaukee Avenue, Lincolnshire, IL 60069 For an onsite interview, you must complete the online application and assessment prior to attending the event. We will be interviewing for the following positions: Guest Service Representative (AM/PM) -Job# 14001UZW Housekeeping Aide -PM (3pm-11pm / 11pm-7am) -Job# 14001I73 Housekeeper (8am-4pm) -Job# 1400169G Laundry Attendant (8am-4pm / 11pm-7am) -Job# 14001XKY marriott.com/careers Search by job number. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. (id:4390656)
- MACHINIST - Film manufacturer has a job opening for entry-level machinist position. Duties include performing a variety of secondary machining operation including but not limited to: drilling, tapping, broaching, deburring, and polishing. Performing simple set ups on related equipment, assist in the operation of CNC equipment. Should be familiar with inspection equipment and be responsible for continually assuring quality parts. Please apply in person 1795 Commerce Dr, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 or fax 847.956.9901 NO PHONE CALLS EOE M-F-D-V (id:4390538) ANALYTICS MANAGER - Consulting: Chicago, IL-based management consulting firm A.T. Kearney seeks to fill the following positions. All positions require a master's degree and related experience. Associate; Analytics Associate; Manager; Analytics Manager. Required 80%+ travel to various unanticipated client sites throughout the US. Some international travel to client sites may be required. When not traveling for client work, should be available to work at assigned office location at our HQ in Chicago, IL or one of our offices in Arlington, VA; Atlan- ta, GA; Dallas, TX; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Southfield, MI. Residence within commuting distance of assigned office is generally required for participation in training/networking/development functions, but telecommuting and other flexible working/living arrange-ments are considered on a case-by-case basis. Send cover letter & resume to: email@example.com w/position in subject heading of email. No calls. EOE (id:4389840) CONTROLLER - Controller: Directs financial activities, such as planning, procurement, & investments for the organization; supervises employees analyzing financial information, perform- ing financial reporting, & budgeting duties; establishes & maintains financial record of liability, tax liability, assets, profit and loss, & other financial activities within an organization. Develops internal control policies & procedures to efficiently control and utilize financial resources; maintains current knowledge of organizational policies & procedures, federal & state policies & directives, & accounting standards; provides direct-ion & assistance to executive team & other organizational units regarding accounting & budgeting procedures & projections. Require: MS in Finance, Accounting, Taxation or related field; CPA certificate & registration; 40hrs/wk, 9-5. Applicants must show proof of legal authority to work in the U.S. Job in Lake Zurich, IL. Fax resume to Robbins HDD LLC at 847-955-0055. An Employer paid Ad. (id:4390105)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.