Activate Your Free
Articles filed under NPF
Bandits complete series sweep, win 9th straight Jul 27, 2013 11:33 PM
The host Chicago Bandits took game four of their series with the New York/New Jersey Comets in a 12-5 decision Saturday to complete a series sweep, winning their ninth straight game in the process. Monica Abbott was the winning pitcher. She improved to 13-1.
Delle Donne to miss all-star contest Jul 26, 2013 5:46 PM
Sky star forward Elena Delle Donne will miss Saturday's WNBA All-Star Game, which is a shame considering she was the top vote-getter. Patricia Babcock McGraw talks with the Sky's Pokey Chatman about the setback for Delle Donne.
Williamson, Bandits control Comets Jul 25, 2013 11:27 PM
Andi Williamson earned her sixth victory of the season as the host Chicago Bandits earned a 12-3 win against the New York/New Jersey Comets. Williams improved upon the best record in the league for rookie pitchers this season.
Abbott, Bandits win 11-1 Jul 24, 2013 11:36 PM
Monica Abbott delivered another dominating performance Wedmesday against the visiting Comets, registering 12 strikeouts in guiding the Bandits to an 11-1 victory.
Goler’s homer gives Bandits a win Jul 5, 2013 11:33 PM
Alisa Goler belted a 3-run homer to snap a 2-2 tie in the sixth inning, and the Chicago Bandits captured a 5-2 victory over the NY / NJ Comets on Friday night in Rosemont. The Bandits (14-4) lead the four-game series 2-1 with the finale today at 7:35 p.m.
Bandits’ win a singles sensation Jul 4, 2013 5:28 PM
The host Chicago Bandits collected 11 singles en route to a 5-1 victory over the NY/NJ Comets on Thursday in National FastPitch softball action at The Ballpark at Rosemont. Tammy Williams delivered 3 of the hits and scored twice to pace the Bandits (13-4), who rebounded from a loss to the Comets (3-15) on Wednesday to make a winner of starter Andi Williamson (4-0).
Abbott, Bandits earn 1-0 victory over Pride Jun 20, 2013 10:22 PM
In a battle for first place, the host Chicago Bandits edged the USSSA Pride 1-0 in the opener of a four-game series Thursday night in Rosemont. Monica Abbott notched her third win of the season for the Bandits (7-2), striking out 13.
Dumezich, Bandits shut out Racers 5-0 Jun 6, 2013 10:58 PM
Rookie pitcher Mel Dumezich tossed a complete, 4-hit shutout Thursday night in her Bandits debut, striking out seven. The Bandits’ offense was on fire in a 5-0 victory over the visiting Akron Racers.
Williamson’s Bandits debut a winner Jun 5, 2013 10:41 PM
Pitcher Andi Williamson made her Chicago Bandits debut a winning one, throwing a complete-game 7-1 victory over the Akron Racers on Wedneday night in Rosemont on Opening Night of the 2013 National Pro Fastpitch season.
Bandits ready for NPF season opener Jun 4, 2013 8:28 PM
The Chicago Bandits launch the 2013 National Pro Fastpitch softball season Wednesday at home against the Akron Racers. Even though ace pitcher Monica Abbott, 2012 team home run leader Megan Wiggins, and newly acquired Japanese league stars Eri Yamada and Kazuki Watanabe won't be back from Japan until later this week, the team looks to start off aggressive and chase its third championship in six years.
Bandits sign Kansas star hitter Maggie Hull May 23, 2013 2:13 PM
The Chicago Bandits have signed Maggie Hull, the club's third-round pick in the 2013 NPF Senior Draft. Hull, who was the No. 11 overall selection in the draft, played at Kansas and led the Big 12 Conference in 2012 with a .409 batting average.
Steuerwald returns to manage Bandits May 3, 2013 5:45 PM
Michael Steuerwald will return as head coach of the Chicago Bandits for the 2013 season, team officials announced Friday. Joining him as an assistant will be Jimmy Kolaitis, currently an assistant at the University of South Alabama softball team.
Bandits sign two Japanese softball stars Apr 30, 2013 11:56 AM
Two Japanese softball standouts, Eri Yamada and Kazuki Watanabe, have signed contracts to play with the Chicago Bandits and join the National Pro Fastpitch League. Yamada led Japan to a gold medal in the 2008 Olympics, and Watanabe helped Team Toyota win back-to-back Japan Softball League championships in 2011 and 2012.
Bandits take pitcher with No. 3 pick in draft Apr 2, 2013 2:29 PM
Jolene Henderson, Michelle Gascoigne, Maggie Hull, Raven Chavanne, Mel Dumezich and Jenna Marston were selected by the Chicago Bandits in the 2013 NPF Draft held in Nashville. Henderson,a University of California standout, was the top pick by the Bandits and third overall in the 2013 NPF Draft.
Ace Abbott returns for 2013 Bandits season Feb 22, 2013 5:41 PM
With back-to-back Pitcher of the Year titles in hand, Chicago Bandits ace Monica Abbott has re-signed for the 2013 season, general manager Aaron M. Moore announced Friday. "Monica is the exact definition of an Ace and we're thrilled to have her back," Moore said. "Monica wants the ball when the game is online and I think her teammates feed off of her emotion in the circle."
Veteran NPF catcher Doepking retires Feb 4, 2013 4:25 PM
eteran catcher Shannon Doepking will retire from National Pro Fastpitch after five seasons, the Chicago Bandits announced Monday. "This is an announcement we were not looking forward to make," Bandits general manager Aaron M. Moore said in a statement released to the media. "Doepking came in and managed not only Monica (Abbott), but the entire pitching staff so effectively.
Chicago Bandits bring back catcher Butler Jan 10, 2013 11:21 AM
The Chicago Bandits of the National Pro Fastpitch league have re-signed catcher Kristen Butler for the 2013 season, team officials announced this week.“We are happy to have Kristen back with us,” Bandits general manager Aaron M. Moore said. “Kristen provides some much-needed pop from the right side of the plate for us and she also brings a nice veteran presence. We’re looking for her to at least duplicate what she did in 2012. If she does that, our lineup will continue to get stronger.”
Running down the top women’s stories of 2012 Dec 28, 2012 6:30 PM
Women's Watch takes a look back at the top national and local women's sports stories of 2012.
NPF makes ‘heartbreaking’ decision to cancel series Sep 7, 2012 5:02 PM
For the first time in nine seasons, there will not be a National Pro Fastpitch champion crowned. Game 2 of the best-of-three NPF Championship Series was officially canceled late Sunday after a day of rain and delays made the field unplayable. League officials later ruled it was not possible to continue the tournament between the Chicago Bandits and the USSSA Pride of Florida, and declared no champion would be crowned.
Bandits’ title game, and possibly series, washed out Aug 26, 2012 11:20 PM
With a steady rain coming down all night, Game 2 of the National Pro Fastpitch Championship game between the Chicago Bandits and USSSA Prude was washed out, and NPF officials were in discussions to cancel the rest of the 2012 series.
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Priest helps heroin addicts heal 'hole in the soul'
- Wholesale auto auction house wants Hoffman Estates land
- North: NCAA basketball tourney never disappoints
- Dawn Patrol: Bulls clinch playoff spot; ex-Islamic Foundation official admits theft
- Arlington Heights man killed in hit-and-run crash
- Jet crashes in Alps, 148 on board; 'no survivors' expected
- Former DuPage prosecutor tapped for ethics post
- Imrem: Cubs worried about 2021? Really?
- Bobbers in Lake Zurich making a splash with fresh food, craft beer
- Charges yet to be filed in fatal hospital stabbing
- Pedestrian killed by car in Mt. Prospect
- A first for Stevenson
- Pyke: Oberweis, tollway showdown emerging over 70 mph
- 'Resident Evil Revelations 2': The series that just won't die, but should
- Missing deaf teenager last seen in Naperville
- Aurora man who broke legs in Starved Rock fall could face charges
- Spring snow results in numerous crashes
- Dawn Patrol: Fatal hospital stabbing; snow hits the area
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Who organized suburban PARCC boycott?
- Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board
- COD hopefuls suggest review, changes at Waterleaf
- Arlington Heights man killed in hit-and-run crash
- State budget mess prompts trial delays, layoffs at suburban courthouses
- Imrem: Cubs worried about 2021? Really?
- Shaw scores twice in Blackhawks' win
- Rauner's motorcade in collision; trooper injured
- Elgin reviewing bid requirements after it got only one for carpeting
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- OPERATIONS MANAGER - Management -Operations, Manager for Labtest International, Inc. -Intertek (Arlington Heights, IL) Manage and direct personnel of textile testing laboratory. Assess, monitor, report, and improve on lab productivity. Req. Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent degree) in Textile related field such as Textile Chemistry and Textile Technology and 5 years technical textile testing experience. Other specific skills required. To apply, send resume to Intertek, Attn: Recruiting - Julie Reed, HR Manager, 2107 Swift Drive Oak Brook IL 60523. (id:4401178) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851) NURSING - Nursing Activity Assistant/CNA Out-going, creative, and compassionate individual needed to conduct a variety of social, recreational, and educational activity programs for a senior population. Must have current certification as a Nurse Aide. Hours M -F 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Interested candidates please apply to: Janelly Vazquez, Activity Director Lee Manor 1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 (id:4401618)
- WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) ASSEMBLER - Job Fair Juno Lighting Group Saturday, March 28, 2015 From 9:00am to 1:00pm Des Plaines, IL Assemblers Hiring for full time, M-F. First and Second shift. Juno Lighting, leader in the design and manufacturing of lighting fixtures in the residential and commercial market, is looking for assemblers. This job requires performing basic, repetitive light assembly of quality company products, using tools that include: electric, manual, mechanical, automatic, semi-automatic and/or pneumatic machines and tools. Assemble boxes and pack final product for shipment. It pays $9.00/hr. Union membership after 60 days. Good Benefits. We are located at 1300 S Wolf Road Des Plaines, (Please access the building through Algonquin Road,) You must be at least 18 years of age to apply (EEO Disclosure) (id:4402008)
- BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022) IT AUDITOR - IT Auditor -Ingredion Inc (Westchester, IL): Perform integrated IT audit procedures, incl identifying & defining issues, dvlpg criteria, reviewing & analyzing evidence, & documenting bus. processes & procedures. Participate in finl audit planning & finl audit prog dvlpmt impacted by IT controls. Eval. adequacy & effectiveness of controls rel. to IT governance, app syss & interfaces, dvlpmt & implementation, logical access & IT data center ops. Determine operational status of IT controls, compliance w/ company policies, standards, procedures, & applicable statutes & govt regs. Comm results of audit projects via written & oral presentations to mgmt. Resp for prep written audit reports for all levels of mgmt, detailing audit findings, conclusions, & agreed-upon corrective actions. Prep audit work papers & flowcharts in order to doc & sppt audit findings & conclusions. Identify improvement oppties & dvlpmt of action plans to enhance bus. process & IT syss integration. Resp for identifying & eval. orgs risk areas & provide input to dvlpmt of Audit Plan, which entails examining, analyzing & interpreting acctg recs such as journal entries & master data. Dvlp working relationships w/ internal stake- holders & global Internal Audit team members to deliver results, support bus. performance, & advice on syss of recording costs & IT-rel. budget data. Min Reqts: Bach in CS, Bus. Admin, Acctg or rel., plus 2 yrs IT Audit exp in public acctg &/or internal audit. Must incl exp in perform- ing data analyses of complex bus. data, auditing SAP Apps & Basis controls (e.g., FI, CO, MM & SD modules) & auditing IT infrastructure controls rel. to dbase & operating syss. Exp reqd in integrated IT/Bus. risk & control concepts rel. to SAP App Controls, Syss Dvlpmt Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud Computing & IT General Controls. 30% travel reqd to attend trade shows, conferences, trainings, & client sites. Pls send resume to: Krsto (Kris) Nisavic, HR, Ingredion, Inc. 5 Westbrook Corporate Ctr, Westchester, IL 60154. Must specify job code Ing1-2015. EOE, MFDV. (id:4401793) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.