Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under NASCAR
Logano defends spot in NASCAR’s Chase field Sep 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Joey Logano defended his place in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship on Thursday, rattling off his season statistics as proof he earned his spot in the 12-driver field regardless of any help he may have received in the deciding race. And make no mistake, Logano said: If anybody helped him at Richmond, he had no clue.
Edwards wins race, Keselowski misses Chase Sep 7, 2013 12:00 AM
NASCAR will have a new champion at the end of the season. For now, it has yet another conspiracy. Reigning champion Brad Keselowski failed to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship Saturday night when an ill-timed caution ruined his run at Richmond International Raceway.
Gordon wins pole at Richmond Sep 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Jeff Gordon will try to race his way into NASCAR’s playoffs from the pole position.The four-time series champion turned a track-record qualifying lap of 130.599 mph at Richmond International Raceway on Friday night to win his 73rd career pole position, and his first this season.
Tony Stewart calls injury a small bump in the road Sep 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Tony Stewart, upbeat and noticeably thinner, won his first race since breaking his leg in a sprint car accident when he beat an employee around the office at Stewart-Haas Racing in his wheelchair. His injury? The three-time NASCAR champion called it “a small bump in the road” and expects to be back in a race car in time for next year’s Daytona 500.
NASCAR divers scrambling to land rides for 2014 Aug 30, 2013 12:00 AM
NASCAR is going through its own version of musical chairs at the moment, with several big-name drivers moving to new rides or scrambling to land a spot in the 2014 Sprint Cup field.
Kenseth holds off Kahne to get 5th win of season Aug 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Kasey Kahne was fed up with all of Joe Gibbs Racing by the time contact with Matt Kenseth ended his race at Watkins Glen earlier this month. It was the fourth time a JGR driver had wrecked him, and he took to Twitter to voice his displeasure, posting: “Headed to Joe Gibbs Racing to talk to whoever will come out front.”
Track officials vow not to repeat Million TV faux pas Aug 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Million Day had everything going for it: beautiful day, big crowd, great racing ... too bad a glitch at the end of the television broadcast of the race put a little damper on the whole day. That and a little Bears talk and much more in Spellman's Scorecard.
Tony Stewart to miss rest of season Aug 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Out for the season with a broken leg, Tony Stewart turned to one of NASCAR’s most respected drivers to take over the No. 14. At 54, Mark Martin is up for the challenge of taking the wheel for his good friend. “Hopefully, we can turn the 14 car back over to Tony an even stronger organization than what it was when he stepped away and got injured,” Martin said.
Earnhardt Jr. makes his mark in downtown Chicago Aug 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Race car driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. burned some rubber Monday morning in downtown Chicago to promote a triple-header chase weekend next month at Chicagoland Speedway.
Tony Stewart has surgery following Iowa crash Aug 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Tony Stewart broke his right leg Monday night at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, where he flipped his 360 winged sprint car while leading with five laps remaining in the 30-lap feature. He had surgery Tuesday on the upper and lower parts of his leg, and Stewart-Haas Racing said he’ll need a second surgery.
Kahne holds off Gordon at Pocono Raceway Aug 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Kasey Kahne got the jump on Jeff Gordon off the final restart with two laps left and pulled away to win at Pocono Raceway.
Johnson wins 2nd pole of the season at PoconoAug 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Jimmie Johnson needed multiple attempts to make it through pre-qualifying inspection, then set a track record with a lap of 180.654 mph to win the pole Friday at Pocono Raceway.
Keselowski wins pole at New Hampshire Jul 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Brad Keselowski's first pole of the season might give his season the boost he needs to become a contender. Keselowski turned a lap of 135.922 mph on Friday to set a track record at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Keselowski won only his third career pole and first since 2011.
Kenseth wins Sprint Cup race Jun 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Matt Kenseth’s fuel-only pit road gamble helped him beat Jimmie Johnson late and win Sunday’s rescheduled 400-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway.
Leffler dies after accident in dirt car event Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
NASCAR driver Jason Leffler died after an accident Wednesday night in a heat race at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway. The 37-year-old Leffler, a two-time winner on the Nationwide Series, was pronounced dead shortly after 9 p.m., New Jersey State Police said.
Spellman’s Scorecard: It’s all about the Blackhawks May 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Hawks, Hawks and more Hawks in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Kanaan finally wins the Indy 500 May 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Tony Kanaan has finally won the Indianapolis 500. Kanaan dove past Ryan Hunter-Reay on a restart with three laps to go, then coasted across the finish line under yellow when defending race winner Dario Franchitti crashed far back in the field.
Ex-NASCAR driver Dick Trickle dead at 71 May 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Authorities in North Carolina say former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 71.
Kenseth holds on for victory at Kansas Speedway Apr 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Matt Kenseth captured his second straight race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, holding off Kasey Kahne to become the third consecutive Sprint Cup driver to win from the pole.
No NASCAR penalties issued after California raceMar 26, 2013 12:00 AM
NASCAR chairman Brian France said Tuesday that the contact between Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin as they battled for the win at California over the weekend was just the kind of throwback racing he expects out of his drivers and the new Gen-6 car.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Cubs wait on Almora
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- Land of opportunity now of opportunism
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Plan calls for white water rafting on Fox River
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROFESSIONALS@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADES A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. WE OFFER A GREAT BASE PAY WITH UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. WE ALSO SEEK LABORERS, INSPECTORS, PERMIT RUNNERS AND OFFICE STAFF. CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW 847-540-7711 (id:4366359) SALES - -Roll with the Pros - Seeking Talented Reps Avg. $15/hr -Cash Bonus Banker Hours -Weekdays Immediate Interviews! Call: 847-741-1200 (id:4366084) QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Quality Manager with MS in Indust. Eng. +2 yrs experience as a quality engineer. Must have completed projects involving: 1. Maintenance and improvement of quality systems to ISO Standards; 2. Advanced skills in implementation of SPC and DOE methodologies; 3. Process validation and qualification studies as they relate to new and existing products. Must be SixSigma Black Belt certified. Submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with QM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4365435)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst. -SPORTS Connor Sports is seeking an Admin. Assistant at our Elk Gr. office. BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM. Positive, upbeat personality a must Candidates must be proficient in MS Office. E-mail resumes to email@example.com (id:4365897) PT BUS DRIVERS - PART-TIME BUS DRIVERS Free CDL Training, Monthly Bonus Opportunity, Vision and Dental Insurance, morning & afternoon schedules, ability to work in your community, Mini Bus or suburban routes, Perfect job for retirees, stay at home parents or just looking to earn extra money. Must be 21 years of age, drug free, no criminal background, current driver's license in good stand-ing for the previous 3 years, must enjoy working with children. Must be reliable. For fur-ther conditions & details call 630.357.1070 Naperville 630.668.1188 Winfield (id:4365853) SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - Education -Substitute Teach-ers needed in Marquardt School Dist. 15, Glendale Hts. Sliding pay scale: $95-125.00/ day. Illinois or substitute teach-er licensing requires with registration in DuPage County. Contact HR at 630-469-7615 x1171 for an application packet (id:4365766)
- ROUTE DRIVER - Route Driver -run a food route in our truck. Great pay, great benefits. Apply in person Master Brew, 3550 Woodhead Northbrook, IL (id:4366074) MACHINE OPRERATORS - Assembly Technician $9/hr Must read-write-speak English & have soldering exp. 1st shift Glendale Heights 630-620-9800 (id:4366092) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Elk Grove Village company seeking receptionist. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4366231)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.