Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Mount Prospect
Man steals $500 of vodka from store Mar 5, 2015 7:29 AM
Police are searching for a person who stole 13 bottles of vodka from Jewel-Osco in Mount Prospect.
8-year-old leukemia survivor meets her stem cell donor from Austria Mar 5, 2015 9:36 PM
With her parents beside her Thursday, 8-year-old leukemia survivor Sabrina Chahir gleefully met the third person to whom she owes her life. Maximilian Eule, a 30-year-old German citizen, traveled from his current home in Austria to Schaumburg where he saw the Mount Prospect girl whom he saved through a 2011 stem cell donation. “Well, I was looking for a big surprise, and that’s what I got," Sabrina said.
Endorsements: Hoefert, Korn, Rogers in Mount Prospect Mar 4, 2015 10:24 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Paul William Hoefert, A. John Korn and Richard F. Rogers for three, 4-year seats on the Mount Prospect village board.
Northwest suburban police blotter Mar 4, 2015 3:37 PM
A man was seen on a security video taking 13 bottles of vodka valued at $507 around 11:23 p.m. Feb. 27 at Jewel-Osco, 333 E. Euclid Ave., Mount Prospect. He hid the bottles in a duffel bag.
Mt. Prospect objects to Gov. Rauner's proposed cut Mar 5, 2015 5:53 AM
Mount Prospect has joined the growing chorus of local governments strongly objecting to Gov. Bruce Rauner's plans to cut the Local Government Distributive Fund in half. “We're penalized for doing all the right things. That's just blatantly wrong,” Trustee Paul Hoefert said.
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 4, 2015 4:09 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Images: The Week in Pictures Mar 2, 2015 1:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of people shoveling, skiing, playing dodgeball, making presentations and making plans.
Lincolnshire entrepreneur has worked around the globe Mar 2, 2015 6:50 AM
Kukec's People features Paul Vosters of Lincolnshire, who is president and chief operating officer for Launchpoint. He talks about growing up in the Belgium Congo and how living in various countries has helped him as a business person.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Feb 27, 2015 1:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of Febrary 23.
Water pipeline move begins; costs $73 million Feb 27, 2015 3:30 PM
Massive pipes carrying water to northwest Cook residents are being moved starting this week to make way for I-90 expansion. Will the $73 million cost mean a rate hike? Not necessarily, the water agency director says.
Mt. Prospect celebrates its ‘Shining Stars’ at Celestial Celebration Feb 27, 2015 1:34 PM
Each year, the Mount Prospect Special Events Commission honors individuals and organizations that help make Mount Prospect a great place in which to live and work.
Author appearances: Mary Doria Russell signs books in Gurnee Feb 27, 2015 10:10 AM
Mary Doria Russell, author of "Epitaph," discusses her book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 3, at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee. Visit wnpl.info.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Northwest suburban police blotter Feb 26, 2015 4:03 PM
Seven Mount Prospect residents received phone calls between Feb. 18 and 24 from scammers claiming to be with the IRS. The callers told the residents that they had back taxes due and needed to pay immediately or be charged and arrested. All the residents hung up without paying. The police department encourages victims to report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission website and the Treasury Inspector General For Tax Administration website www.treasury.gov/tigta.
Mt. Prospect might swap who owes transfer tax from buyer to seller Feb 26, 2015 5:59 PM
Mount Prospect officials are discussing changes to how the village imposes its real estates transfer tax, but some fear the proposal might create double taxation for some residents.
Mount Prospect educator dedicated life to children, helping poor Feb 25, 2015 11:44 AM
Mary Van Wazer left St. Zachary Catholic School in Des Plaines more than 20 years ago to become principal of St. Benedict School in Chicago, but her former students remember the impact she made on their lives. “I became an educator because of her,” says Susan Jaegers Dixon, now a seventh-grade teacher at Chippewa Middle School in Des Plaines. “Every day I strive to be a role model, cheerleader, and a teacher for my students, which is what Mrs. Van Wazer was to all the children she had in class.”
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
Capannari Ice Cream honored with Blue Ribbon Small Business Award Feb 25, 2015 6:45 PM
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced Capannari Ice Cream of Mount Prospect, IL as a winner in its annual Blue Ribbon Small Business Awards, a program that recognizes companies for their success and innovation and for their contributions to economic growth and free enterprise. Capannari’s was named one of 100 finalists for the Small Business of the Year Award, selected from a record number of applicants from communities across the nation for demonstrating exceptional business practices in areas including strategic planning, employee development, community involvement, and customer service.
AOIIs, guests ‘Focus on Fun’ at annual auction March 15 Feb 24, 2015 7:25 PM
Continuing with their “Focus” theme for the year, Alpha Omicron Pi and their guests will “Focus on Fun” on Sunday, March 15, when they meet at the home of Cathy Grain in South Barrington.
Northwestern College earns Better Business Bureau’s Complaint Free Award Feb 24, 2015 6:21 PM
Northwestern College, a career-focused two-year college in Illinois announced today that the Better Business Bureau, has awarded the college its Complaint Free Award for 2014. This honor is awarded exclusively to BBB Accredited Businesses.
- Rolling Meadows fire victim died from injuries in fall
- Harrison Ford 'banged up' but OK after plane crash
- Pedestrian killed by train near Round Lake
- Park Ridge mayor remembered as taxpayer advocate
- Early vote cuts Kane sheriff budget by $1.5 million
- Two Democrats go to Washington to weigh bids for CongressSuburban Democrats go to Washington to weigh bids for Congress
- Mt. Prospect girl meets her German stem cell donor
- Witness describes stabbing death of Naperville teacher
- Burglars hit Oakbrook Center Neiman Marcus
- Freight train with crude oil derails near Galena
- Dineen out as Stevenson girls basketball coach
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- Witness regrets not reporting knife in Naperville bar
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing sister
- Centers of attention: Bowman boosts Hawks in middle
- Prosecutors: 'Marry me' text prompted Geneva murder
- Fremd team sent off in style to state semifinal
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- St. Viator holds off Prospect
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Campaign boss text message likens Breuder to Hitler
- Error means bigger tax bill for some in Kane County
- 1 dead in apartment building fire in Rolling Meadows
- Police arrest four in suspected shoplifting ring
- Rolling Meadows fire victim died from injuries in fall
- Thibs deserves an extension from Bulls
- Marshall trade not likely to help Bears much
- SUPERINTENDENT - Superintendent for road construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com . EOE F-F-D-V (id:4399704) HOUSEKEEPERS COOKS AND FOOD SERVICE W - Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton is Now Hiring Full Time and Part Time Housekeepers, Cooks, and Food Service Workers. To apply please visit our website at www.marianjoy.org or call our Human Resources Department at (630) 909-7118. (id:4399721) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - Beginning February 6, 2015, the Winfield Fire Protection District will be accepting applications for the position of FT firefighter-paramedic. Applications are available at www.winfieldfpd.org or at Station #31, 27W530 Highlake Rd, Winfield, IL, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Application requirements: At least 21 years of age and not older than 35, except as provided by state law Certified Firefighter II U.S. citizen or meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status Valid driver's license Licensed EMT-P through the Illinois Department of Public Health All applications with required documentation must be postmarked or returned by Friday, March 6, 2015 by 4:00 p.m. Position requirements, test dates, application rules and salary info are available at www.winfieldfpd.org. (id:4397544)
- MAINTENANCE - Maintenance -Waukegan Har-bor accepting applications for full & part time Maintenance & Security. For more info visit www.waukeganport.com/careers (id:4399536) WAREHOUSE - : General Warehouse : 1st & 2nd Shifts Skokie Fast paced environment. To $10.50/hr 773-205-1555 (id:4399614) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR EVENT Wed. 3/4/15 -10am -4pm Holiday Inn Express 6600 Manheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 -Exciting job fueling commercial aircraft -Team environment focused on keeping aircraft safe and on schedule -Career-oriented position with opportunity for paid training and job advancement -Access to great benefits like Health, Life, 401K and tuition reimbursement Pay starts at $9.25. Qualified applicants will possess high school diploma or GED and valid drivers license; no previous experience required. Please complete your online application to apply for positions at Chicago O'Hare International Airport www.asig.com/employment Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4399773)
- SPRING COILING OPERATOR - Manufacturing -Mastercoil Spring Co. 4010 Albany, Mc-Henry, IL is seeking a Spring Coiling operator. Base pay is $11 -$15 based on exp. Please apply within or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399605) HOME HEALTH RN - RN needed -case manager with on call rotation -to make visits to adult geriatric population in their homes. Previous home care experience helpful, but will train. On call RN position also available for nights and weekends. Visits are provided in the North-Northwest Chicago area and surrounding suburbs. Please call VMI Home Care: 773-467-1777 or e-mail resume email@example.com. Sign on Bonus available. (id:4398143) WAREHOUSE - Machine Loader $8.25/hr 1st shift w/mandatory overtime. Holiday pay and 1 week bonus pay after 2000 hours! Lombard Own car a must. 773-205-1555 (id:4399616)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.