Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Montgomery
Powerful Glenbard North prevails whatever the weather Feb 2, 2014 12:00 AM
The latest conference coronation for the Glenbard North wrestling team simply had to wait a day. “We almost didn’t have a conference tournament,” Glenbard North coach Mark Hahn joked after the Panthers crowned six champions and placed five other competitors in the top three. “We had that really, really bad blizzard — two inches.” Glenbard North added to its storied legacy with its 16th consecutive DuPage Valley Conference championship Sunday afternoon in Naperville. The Panthers’ 269 tournament points — augmented by its flawless regular-season dual record — easily outdistanced Glenbard East and Wheaton North, who were tied with 178.5 points. Lake Park, Naperville North and Wheaton Warrenville South had a champion each in placing fourth through sixth.
Kaneland considering middle-school Spanish Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM
The Kaneland school board is considering adding Spanish foreign-language instruction at Harter Middle School.
Suburban events Saturday being canceled due to snow Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
With a major winter storm looming Friday night, many local events planned for Saturday were being canceled. Among the cancellations announced Friday afternoon were the IHSA cheerleading sectional competitions, which have been moved to the same time Sunday in Grayslake and Rolling Meadows.
West Aurora defeats Glenbard East Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The venue was about the only thing that changed in the second meeting this season between West Aurora and Glenbard East as the Blackhawks methodically broke down the Rams during a 80-46 win on the road Friday night.
Kaneland’s Johnson returns to St. Edward a winner Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The St. Edward boys basketball program’s past met its present in Elgin Friday. Kaneland coach Brian Johnson — a 1997 St. Edward graduate who played on the last two Green Wave squads to win sectional titles — returned to his alma mater for a nonconference meeting twice postponed for weather-related reasons. Supported in the stands by approximately 10 former teammates as well as former St. Edward coach Kevin Dix, now an assistant coach at Lewis University, Johnson’s Knights pulled away from the Green Wave late in the third quarter of a 65-55 victory.
Images: West Aurora vs. Glenbard East boys basketball Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
West Aurora traveled to Glenbard East for a boys basketball matchup Friday night in Lombard.
Images: St. Edward vs. Kaneland boys basketball Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
St. Edward and Kaneland met in nonconference boys basketball action Friday night.
Barbecues and picnics – reserve your summer site Jan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
It may be cold outside, but the Fox Valley Park District is already looking ahead to spring and summer. On Monday, Feb. 3, the outdoor party season begins — at least the planning part — when picnic shelter reservations become available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Kaneland’s Diddell wins conference in powerful fashion Jan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
Kaneland finished in the middle the Northern Illinois Big XII Conference tournament last weekend at Sterling. “Nothing earth-shattering,” said Kaneland coach Monty Jahns, who is retiring at the conclusion of the season. “I think we wrestled where we thought we would as a team.” Longtime conference rival Yorkville won the tournament, with the Knights finishing in sixth place in the 12-school field. But the Knights did have the satisfaction of crowning at least one champion as senior Justin Diddell had nothing but falls in storming to the heavyweight title.
Wilcox pleased with Rosary’s senior leadership Jan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Rosary entered the season relying on its starters to play heavy minutes, a situation that didn’t get easier when the Royals lost leading scorer Megan Conlin in their ninth game to a season-ending knee injury.
Waubonsee offers series on financial aid Jan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
February marks Financial Aid Awareness Month, and Waubonsee Community College has planned a series of free public events to help students learn more about receiving financial aid for the 2014-2015 school year.
West Aurora routs rival by record margin Jan 25, 2014 12:00 AM
It was only fitting West Aurora honored Neal Ormond Saturday night. The iconic local play-by-play broadcaster, who has spent the last 50 years calling West Aurora boys basketball games, described an all-time first. Jontrell Walker scored 28 points to lead three West Aurora players in double figures as the Blackhawks continued their torrid shooting against archrival East Aurora.
West Aurora comes from behind to defeat Lake Park Jan 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Friday night’s 60-53 win by West Aurora over host Lake Park was the tale of two teams. It was about the Blackhawks, who were experienced enough to know how to dig their way out of a 10-point deficit in the third quarter.
Naperville Central defeats West Aurora Jan 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Naperville Central wrestling coach Rob Porter considers his young team hard working and dedicated. But he said things haven’t always gone the Redhawks’ way this season.
Kaneland’s Johnson excited to return to St. Edward Jan 23, 2014 12:00 AM
A player from one of the most successful eras in St. Edward boys basketball history returns to his alma mater as a head coach on Tuesday when 1997 graduate Brian Johnson directs his Kaneland Knights against the Green Wave. Johnson played for coach Kevin Dix on the last two St. Edward teams to win sectional titles. He and teammates Muamer Karamovic, Jeff and Jason Hopkins, Brad Hartmann, Peter Aydt, Mark Murphy and Adam Bruhn won a Class A sectional in 1995-96. That team eventually fell to Mendota in the NIU supersectional at Evans Fieldhouse, 77-64.
Waubonsee plans for new year and beyondJan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
At Waubonsee Community College, we are looking forward to what 2014 will bring, but we are also looking further ahead, to prepare the college to continue to meet the educational and lifelong learning needs of our students for the next decade and beyond.
Girls basketball: Week 7 MVP Jan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Huntley sophomore Ali Andrews has earned Daily Herald MVP honors for her recent girls basketball performances.
Boys basketball: Week 7 MVP Jan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
IC Catholic Prep sophomore Rhashaun Epting has earned Daily Herald MVP honors for his recent boys basketball performances.
This backcourt features pair of Stars Jan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Goetz and Ludwig — their names sound a little more like a law firm than the starting backcourt for a high school basketball team.
Tri-Cities police reports Jan 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Christopher J. Gareski, 22, of Montgomery, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or more, and failure to reduce speed after rear-ending another vehicle at about 4:42 a.m. Monday at Hill Avenue and Montgomery Road near Aurora, according to a sheriff’s report.
- Authorities: Georgia man stole millions from Aon Hewitt
- Bulls' Fredette doesn't disappoint
- St. Charles aldermen ready to boot firm from downtown
- Motorola Solutions shrinks, while Zebra grows
- District 220 parents have plenty to say about class sizes
- Review: Ups and downs with Google Glass apps
- Warrenville comedian makes a career in TV commercials
- This White Sox start — good and bad — can't last
- Suburban marathoners head to Boston with purpose
- Police: Boy brought loaded gun to Aurora school
- Suburbs face worst roadwork season in years
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Tight wedding ring, other subtle changes pointed to tumor
- Police: Utah mom admitted to killing her 6 babies
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- St. Charles East students help 2-year-old girl
- Round Lake Beach man dies after crash on Edens
- Addison mom gets 7 years for stabbing young son
- Review: Fire TV device great, but not fully ready
- With $41.4M, 'Captain America' holds off 'Rio 2'
- Obama doing what's best for country
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Kotowski: Rifle association not truthful about meeting
- DuPage mayors step up push for pension reform
- Amrich campaign supporter could double commission stipend
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Closer by committee? Cubs ought to give it a shot
- Mortgage debt forgiveness back on table
- Last call for Mickey Finn's at old location
- Schaumburg's budget boosts roadwork, lowers taxes
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Youth Leadership Advocates LCCIL seeks two part-time Youth Leadership advocates. Youth Leadership Advocate #1 works 25 hours per week in our McHenry IL office. This advocate must be able to travel to McHenry County schools to provide self-advocacy and leadership training to youth with disabilities. Training and special projects occur when school is not in session. Youth Leadership Advocate #2 is a summer temporary job working up to 30 hours per week in our Mundelein Office. This advocate co-facilitates a summer internship for youth with disabilities, teaching advocacy and project planning. See www.lccil.org for job qualifications and more information. To apply, applicants must follow ALL instructions to be considered. Email cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references, as MS Word attachments, to email@example.com. The cover letter must state: which position is desired, salary requirements, and how the applicant meets the qualifications. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply. Lake County Center for Independent Living is committed to equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We will accept application materials until both positions are filled. No phone calls please. (id:4370143) HOTEL - Hotel POSITIONS: -7 FT Housekeepers -6 PT Housekeepers -1 FT Cook -Purchaser -1 FT Steward (Dishwashing) Great benefits offered at 60 days of employment Contact Kelly Flores -HR at 847-240-5181. You can apply directly on line at: http://careers.hiretrue.com/ marriottschaumburg EOE, M/F, D/V (id:4369934) RECEPTIONIST - PT - Receptionist needed for busy Chiropractic Office. Needs computer knowledge, good people skills, some financial skills. Needs to be a quick learner. Must be able to handle many tasks at once. Part time. Call 847-888-4770 for further information. (id:4369314)
- PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER - Product Design Engineer GoerTek Electronics, Inc. is seeking a Product Design Engineer for Hoffman Estates, IL office. Responsible for developing new consumer electronics, creating three dimensional models, and conducting finite element analysis. MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. E-mail resume:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4369754) LIFEGUARD - LIFEGUARDS For condo pools in all sub- urbs. 5/24-9/02. Top pay, Flex Hrs. We train and cert- ify. Apply at 630-529-1117 www.poolwatch.net (id:4370557) ACCOUNTING CLERK - Acctg Clerk -Arl Hs Co seeks PT team player for A/R, A/P, invoicing, and other clerical functions. Comp. salary. Email resume and salary history to email@example.com (id:4370341)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.