Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Montgomery
Tri-Cities police reports Mar 14, 2014 4:16 PM
A Geneva man was charged with battery and cruelty to animals at 9:30 p.m. March 8 on a trail behind the houses in the 500 block of Edison Street, police said. Michael J. Conlee, 37, of the same block, is accused of punching a neighbor in a shoulder, knocking the person down, and of kicking a dog that he believed was going to bite him, according to a police report.
Souper Bowl will help feed Fox Valley residents Feb 27, 2014 1:01 AM
The NFL may have its big game each year, but for the hungry in the Fox Valley, their main event is the Souper Bowl of Caring. The event on March 1 is when Fox Valley United Way, area Jewel-Osco stores, Prisco’s Fine Foods in Aurora and the Montgomery Market Place in Montgomery join forces with shoppers and dozens of youth volunteers to replenish supplies at two local food pantries.
Tri-Cities police reports Feb 24, 2014 5:36 PM
Christopher J. Sebastion, 21, of Aurora, was charged with retail theft at 12:55 a.m. Monday at Walmart, 801 N. Randall Road, according to a police report.
Tri-Cities police reports Feb 19, 2014 5:38 PM
Cedric Powell, 40, of Aurora, was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, no FOID card, possession of a controlled substance, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon after a traffic stop at 12:45 a.m. Tuesday at Claim and Ohio streets near Aurora, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police: Man caught with pot-laced chocolate bars Feb 13, 2014 4:30 PM
Authorities said they arrested a Kane County man Wednesday after a 42-pound shipment of marijuana-infused chocolate bars was delivered to his home from a California dispensary. Thomas J. Franzen, of Montgomery, faces six to 30 years in prison if convicted. Police said the shipment contained 430 individually foil-wrapped chocolate bars that retail for $13 each, or a total of nearly $5,600.
Attorney: Victim in West Aurora sex abuse lawsuit showed courage Feb 9, 2014 5:18 PM
A former West Aurora High School student who sued West Aurora District 129 for not protecting her from sexual abuse at the hands of a band teacher and failing to report suspicions to state officials has shown a tremendous amount of courage, her attorney said. “I just feel great that my client had enough courage to stand up and participate in civil proceedings and the criminal case.”
West Aurora bounces back Feb 8, 2014 11:52 PM
West Aurora basketball coach Gordie Kerkman likes that his team has often participated in the Night of Hoops at Batavia High School. Kerkman admits he hasn’t always been happy with the end results though.
Antony’s 3 stuns West Aurora Feb 7, 2014 11:24 PM
Ryan Antony spent much of Naperville Central’s game at West Aurora Friday night setting up teammates with one nifty pass after another, but when it mattered most the senior point guard fired away.
West Aurora comeback stuns Wheaton North Feb 6, 2014 11:26 PM
Great defense and some great shooting helped a bunch, but the most impressive thing about West Aurora’s fourth-quarter effort at Wheaton North may very well have been on the mental side.
Boys basketball: Week 9 MVP Feb 6, 2014 12:51 AM
Larkin freshman Christian Negron has earned Daily Herald MVP honors for his recent basketball performances.
Wheaton Warrenville South wins at West Aurora Feb 5, 2014 10:42 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South girls basketball coach Rob Kroehnke has a simple philosophy he conveys to his players. “We talk about winning quarters,” Kroehnke said. “We had a great second quarter.” The Tigers held West Aurora to 4 points, scoring 15 unanswered points during the second quarter, and their ultimate 12-point differential in the period was the difference in a 53-41 victory Wednesday in Aurora.
West Aurora turns up pressure on WW South Feb 4, 2014 10:53 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South scored 24 points in each half Tuesday night West Aurora. The host Blackhawks weren’t nearly as consistent. After a sluggish first half that sent them to their locker room trailing the DuPage Valley Conference matchup 24-21, the Blackhawks exploded for 47 points in the second half on their way to their eighth straight win, 68-48.
West Aurora district names ex-Oswego principal superintendent Feb 4, 2014 6:54 PM
The West Aurora school board chose a replacement Monday for Superintendent Jim Rydland, who is retiring at the end of the school year. Jeffrey Craig, who used to be the principal at Oswego East High School, will start a transition to the district this week.
West Aurora Dist. 129 settles sex abuse lawsuit Feb 4, 2014 6:51 PM
A confidential settlement has been reached in a lawsuit filed by a former West Aurora High School student who was sexually abused by a former band director. The girl, identified only as Jane Doe, sued District 129, Superintendent Jim Rydland and former principal Dan Bridges for failing to protect her and report suspected abuse to DCFS. The matter prompted the Kane County state's attorney's office to enter into a five-year deferred prosecution program requiring all current and new district staff to be trained in their mandated reporting duties.
Kaneland can’t contain DeKalb duo Feb 4, 2014 11:33 PM
On most nights, Kaneland coach Brian Johnson would expect a victory when his team puts up 70 points. However, the Knights ran into a sharpshooting DeKalb team Tuesday night. The host Barbs hit nearly 60 percent of their shots from the field, including a stellar 8-for-14 effort from 3-point range. Senior John Pruett tried to keep Kaneland in contention by tallying 20 of his game-high 26 points in the second half, but DeKalb held off a late surge to claim a 76-70 Northern Illinois Big XII East decision.
Images: Wheaton Warrenville South at West Aurora boys basketball Feb 4, 2014 10:14 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South played West Aurora Tuesday, Feb. 4 for boys basketball
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Feb 4, 2014 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring the best from boys basketball, gymnastics and wrestling.
Make your shelter reservations for the summer Feb 3, 2014 8:03 AM
The Fox Valley Park District will begin accepting picnic shelter reservations Monday, Feb. 3, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Boys, girls River races take different turns Feb 4, 2014 12:01 AM
One of the best things about sports is its unpredictability.
Aurora parents can get FAFSA help tonight Feb 3, 2014 5:45 PM
Aurora area high school seniors and their parents can receive assistance in filling out the standard college financial aid application known as FAFSA from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 5. It stands for “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” because it is filed with the U.S. Department of Education, but most state-sponsored and college-sponsored aid requires the same application.
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Boeing sees rocket blast hastening end to Russia-engine reliance
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Northwest suburban schools show growth in math
- Dee Snider mixes metal, cheer in 'Christmas Tale'
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- McGraw: Bulls, Cavs should be a good rivalry this season
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.