Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Maine East High School
District 207 abates nearly $1.5 million Dec 11, 2013 4:17 PM
Maine Township High School District 207 is abating $1,478,562 to taxpayers from tax proceeds collected in 2013. “We believe our financial management and cost-containment efforts have put us in a position that we can make this tax abatement without compromising the quality of our education,” Superintendent Ken Wallace said.
Dist. 207 planning $6 million of improvements at schools Dec 10, 2013 7:11 PM
Maine Township High School District 207 officials are planning more than $6 million worth of facility improvement projects next summer at the district’s three schools as part of a 10-year capital plan. The work includes the installation of security cameras at all schools and the replacement of football stadium lights at Maine West and Maine East. “We’re starting to hear some themes, which is ‘replace’ (and) ‘50 years old’ on a lot of our equipment. Fifty years is a long time for some of this equipment,” said Mary Kalou, the district’s assistant superintendent for business.
Despite hurdles, some Northwest suburban high schools trending upward Oct 31, 2013 8:22 AM
They're not typically among the highest performers, but several Northwest suburban high schools -- Rolling Meadows, Bartlett, Schaumburg and Maine East among them -- have shown marked improvement on standardized testing, according to state report cards released Thursday. “Every student comes in with different strengths and talents and we're all about taking each student as far as they can possibly go,” said Maine East Principal Mike Pressler.
Maine West thumps Maine East Oct 26, 2013 12:44 AM
Maine West wrapped up a 2-7 season in about the best way possible: With a victory. The host Warriors defeated Maine East 54-27 to earn their first Central Suburban North triumph of the season. they finished 1-4 in league play.
Dist. 207 superintendent gets five-year contract extension Oct 8, 2013 6:33 PM
Maine Township High School District 207 Superintendent Ken Wallace has been at the helm of the district for more than four years, but perhaps it’s been the past 12 months that have been the most volatile. Wallace’s management of the district since a hazing scandal broke last fall — and the desire to ensure continuity in managing the fallout down the line — may have been one of the reasons school board members voted this week to give him a five-year contract extension.
State's attorney investigates Dist. 207's handling of ex-teacher's case Sep 16, 2013 11:06 AM
The Cook County state's attorney's office is investigating whether Maine Township High School District 207 failed to properly notify the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about a former teacher accused of inappropriate conduct toward students in 2007. The allegations involved Mark Krockover, a former tenured Maine East High School chemistry teacher and cheerleading coach, who was allowed to resign in August 2007 after being accused of sexual harassment by several current and former female students, according to district records obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.
Late strike lifts Maine East past Elk Grove Aug 27, 2013 10:23 PM
Host Maine East spoiled the coaching debut of Rob Shepard with a late strike, topping visiting Elk Grove 4-3 in a Central Suburban/Mid-Suburban Soccer Challenge match in Park Ridge on Tuesday. Shepard, who follows longtime Elk Grove head coach Joe Bush, saw his team find the equalizer at the 66th minute but conceded the game-winner two minutes from time when Joe Swoboda fired in his second goal of the evening to give coach Vic DiPrizio’s squad the victory.
Dist. 207 anti-hazing consultant says staff 'overwhelmed' Jun 14, 2013 2:42 PM
The consultant hired by Maine Township High School District 207 to lead anti-hazing focus groups at its three high schools recommends the district take steps to include students in decision making and leadership activities, and provide more staff training on bullying intervention. The 24-page Community Matters report recently released to the District 207 school board was the result of a “school climate audit” of all three district high schools.
Maine East, South Elgin teachers honored by state Jun 10, 2013 6:49 PM
Teachers from Maine East and South Elgin high Schools are among 36 statewide who will be honored at a luncheon Tuesday by the Illinois State Board of Education, the Illinois Education Association and the Illinois Federation of Teachers.
Northwest suburban academic team honorable mentions Jun 7, 2013 10:34 AM
2012-2013 Northwest suburban academic team honorable mentions
Images: Maine East High School graduation Jun 3, 2013 4:21 PM
Images from the Maine East High School graduation on Sunday, June 2, at the Rosemont Theatre.
Top moments in high school sports Apr 30, 2013 2:29 PM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
Bishop, Maine West show a flair for finishing Apr 23, 2013 8:50 PM
Back to the place where he cut his coaching teeth, first-year head coach Jeff Bishop enjoyed a homecoming of sorts after watching his team from Maine West roll over Maine East 6-0 on a cold, rainy Tuesday afternoon in Park Ridge. The visiting Warriors (4-7-1) shrugged off a slow start and stormed into the lead with consecutive goals from Alice Faraone. Maine West used another by Alexia Prosperi at the half-hour to put away its crosstown rival for good.
Suburban “Madonna Bar Mitzvah Boy” now a motivational speaker Apr 8, 2013 6:06 PM
The Stevenson High School alumnus who became a YouTube sensation for dancing to Madonna's "Vogue" at his bar mitzvah will speak to students about being their authentic selves. He'll give presentations Monday at Stevenson, and Tuesday at Maine East High School in Park Ridge.
District 207 school board hopefuls discuss Maine West hazing Mar 31, 2013 7:48 AM
Maine Township High School District 207 school board hopefuls call for more education and ongoing training of staff, administration and students on recognizing and preventing hazing after recent scandals at Maine West High School in Des Plaines. Seven candidates are vying for four, four-year seats on the District 207 school board April 9.
Suburban spirit teams win at Illinois Drill Team Association state championships Mar 19, 2013 1:34 PM
Several suburban schools brought back trophies from the annual Illinois Drill Team Association competition held Saturday in Champaign.
Images: IDTA state finals Mar 17, 2013 12:25 AM
Images from the Illinois Drill Team Association State Championships Saturday in Champaign.
District 207 rebates taxes to Maine Township residents Mar 5, 2013 1:45 PM
Maine Township taxpayers will receive $1 million tax abatement from Maine Township High School District 207. The measure was approved at Monday night’s school board meeting. "We believe our financial management and cost-containment efforts have put us in a position that we can make this tax abatement without compromising the quality of our education,” Superintendent Ken Wallace said.
How to change a culture of hazing in schools Mar 4, 2013 5:13 AM
Changing a culture of hazing in schools takes more than the mere adoption of anti-bullying policies. It requires making the school environment not just physically, but emotionally safer, according to a consultant hired by Maine Township High School District 207 in the wake of a hazing scandal. "We’ve got to rely on the character and the ethics of our children. Policies don’t go into bathrooms, Facebook."
Maine East breaks new ground with spring musical ‘In the Heights’ Feb 28, 2013 9:07 AM
On Friday, March 1, Maine East will become the first high school in Illinois to perform the Tony Award-winning “In the Heights,” with its upbeat score and hip hop choreography. “It’s a show about culture,” says director and drama teacher Karen Hall. “How do I fit in? What is home? And how do we make that work?”
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- No more excuses
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Our Lady of Destiny, St. Zachary schools in Des Plaines to partner up
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.