Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lisle Township
Which suburban townships raised property taxes? Apr 30, 2014 9:04 AM
Property values plummeted on average more than 20 percent from 2009 to 2012 across 50 suburban townships. Meanwhile, leaders of 36 of those townships increased property tax collections during those same years.
Lisle preparing for winter clothing drive Oct 23, 2013 4:23 PM
The director of the Lisle Township Food Pantry was distributing packages to families in need this week when she noticed a young mother with only a sweater to protect her from the cold. It’s the kind of sight, Lois Biggins says, that serves as a reminder that there are plenty of families that could use help with more than just food as we head into winter.
Journey from China to suburbs continues for restaurant partners Jul 22, 2013 5:38 AM
Kukec's People features Shawn Li, who has traveled about 8,000 miles from China and partnered with Ed Culleeney of Palatine and two other restauranteurs to open 8000 Miles, an authentic Chinese and Japanese restaurant in downtown Roselle. It's been quite a journey for the restauranteur as he plans to open more places.
New exhibit tells Lisle’s story Jun 22, 2013 5:53 PM
A new exhibit, "Sustaining Lisle's Heritage: The Story of Lisle's Incorporation," opened Saturday at the Depot Museum at Museums at Lisle Station Park. The exhibit, which is open through Oct. 5, details the struggles and challenges overcome by the village's first leaders.
Charles Clarke: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Charles Clarke, running for Lisle Township Highway Commissioner (4-year Term)
Alice Wilson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Alice Wilson, running for Lisle Township Clerk (4-year Term)
Robert Klaeren: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Robert Klaeren, running for Lisle Township Clerk (4-year Term)
Richard Tarulis: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Richard Tarulis, running for Lisle Township Supervisor (4-year Term)
John Trowbridge: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for John Trowbridge, running for Lisle Township Assessor (4-year Term)
Anna Schiefelbein: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:35 PM
Candidate information for Anna Schiefelbein, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Kaleshia Page: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Kaleshia Page, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Tony Fuscone: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Tony Fuscone, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Soo Chang: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Soo Chang, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Ed Young: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Ed Young, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Michael Tams: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Michael Tams, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
K. Connell: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for K. Connell, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Michael Riedy: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Michael Riedy, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Lisle Township may seek less tax money Dec 4, 2012 4:51 PM
Lisle Township is planning to do something rare for a local governmental entity: Ask taxpayers for less money. The township board is scheduled to vote next week on a proposal to slash the property tax levy for one year, from roughly $2.3 million to $500,000.
Voters back amendment targeting SuperPACs Nov 7, 2012 12:23 AM
Voters in Lisle Township and Warrenville overwhelmingly backed a proposed amendment that would strip constitutional rights from corporations and special interest groups funneling large amounts of money into political campaigns. With all 114 precincts reporting, there were 34,786 "yes" votes and 20,282 "no" votes, according to unofficial results.
Rare citizen push gets question on Kane County ballot Oct 30, 2012 5:00 PM
Kane County Chief Deputy Clerk Stan Bond can’t confirm that the number of signatures turned in for an advisory referendum was record-breaking, but it is certainly a contender for the title. “It’s exceptional,” Bond said. A group of about 14 Kane County residents spent much of the summer at festivals, outside of libraries and on busy streets collecting more than 14,000 signatures to get a question on the Nov. 6 ballot about money in politics. It is one of the very few citizen initiatives that have resulted in ballot questions in Kane County.
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Gire: 'Nightcrawler' sheds dim light on crime news
- Party funding pours into 62nd District
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- Dawn Patrol: No charges in standoff; more money for Metropolis
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.