Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lisle Township
Which suburban townships raised property taxes? Apr 30, 2014 9:04 AM
Property values plummeted on average more than 20 percent from 2009 to 2012 across 50 suburban townships. Meanwhile, leaders of 36 of those townships increased property tax collections during those same years.
Lisle preparing for winter clothing drive Oct 23, 2013 4:23 PM
The director of the Lisle Township Food Pantry was distributing packages to families in need this week when she noticed a young mother with only a sweater to protect her from the cold. It’s the kind of sight, Lois Biggins says, that serves as a reminder that there are plenty of families that could use help with more than just food as we head into winter.
Journey from China to suburbs continues for restaurant partners Jul 22, 2013 5:38 AM
Kukec's People features Shawn Li, who has traveled about 8,000 miles from China and partnered with Ed Culleeney of Palatine and two other restauranteurs to open 8000 Miles, an authentic Chinese and Japanese restaurant in downtown Roselle. It's been quite a journey for the restauranteur as he plans to open more places.
New exhibit tells Lisle’s story Jun 22, 2013 5:53 PM
A new exhibit, "Sustaining Lisle's Heritage: The Story of Lisle's Incorporation," opened Saturday at the Depot Museum at Museums at Lisle Station Park. The exhibit, which is open through Oct. 5, details the struggles and challenges overcome by the village's first leaders.
John Trowbridge: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for John Trowbridge, running for Lisle Township Assessor (4-year Term)
Charles Clarke: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Charles Clarke, running for Lisle Township Highway Commissioner (4-year Term)
Alice Wilson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Alice Wilson, running for Lisle Township Clerk (4-year Term)
Robert Klaeren: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Robert Klaeren, running for Lisle Township Clerk (4-year Term)
Richard Tarulis: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Richard Tarulis, running for Lisle Township Supervisor (4-year Term)
Anna Schiefelbein: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:35 PM
Candidate information for Anna Schiefelbein, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Kaleshia Page: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Kaleshia Page, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Tony Fuscone: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Tony Fuscone, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Soo Chang: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Soo Chang, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Ed Young: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Ed Young, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Michael Tams: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Michael Tams, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
K. Connell: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for K. Connell, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Michael Riedy: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:34 PM
Candidate information for Michael Riedy, running for Lisle Township Board (4-year Terms)
Lisle Township may seek less tax money Dec 4, 2012 4:51 PM
Lisle Township is planning to do something rare for a local governmental entity: Ask taxpayers for less money. The township board is scheduled to vote next week on a proposal to slash the property tax levy for one year, from roughly $2.3 million to $500,000.
Voters back amendment targeting SuperPACs Nov 7, 2012 12:23 AM
Voters in Lisle Township and Warrenville overwhelmingly backed a proposed amendment that would strip constitutional rights from corporations and special interest groups funneling large amounts of money into political campaigns. With all 114 precincts reporting, there were 34,786 "yes" votes and 20,282 "no" votes, according to unofficial results.
Rare citizen push gets question on Kane County ballot Oct 30, 2012 5:00 PM
Kane County Chief Deputy Clerk Stan Bond can’t confirm that the number of signatures turned in for an advisory referendum was record-breaking, but it is certainly a contender for the title. “It’s exceptional,” Bond said. A group of about 14 Kane County residents spent much of the summer at festivals, outside of libraries and on busy streets collecting more than 14,000 signatures to get a question on the Nov. 6 ballot about money in politics. It is one of the very few citizen initiatives that have resulted in ballot questions in Kane County.
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Ponzi scheme nets N. Barrington man 25-year sentence
- Hall of Fame conversations with an old St. Charles friend
- Lawmakers: COD should be punished for Breuder buyout
- Mom says son charged with murder was frustrated with living arrangements
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- 26 apply for vacant Palatine District 15 seat
- Wauconda candidates spar over local political unrest
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Hoffman Estates candidates debate future of Sears
- Two men arrested in Mount Prospect shooting
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Lake Co. authorities find children kidnapped in 2006
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Sears lays off more than 100 workers
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Blackhawks' Shaw hoping to stay out of the doghouse
- PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396257) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565)
- SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4396295) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.