Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake Park High School District 108
Endorsements: Adachi, Briggs, Denson, DeWaele for Lake Park Dist. 108 board Mar 20, 2013 2:17 PM
The Daily Herald endorses Claire Adachi, Judy Briggs, Doug Denson and Keri DeWaele for Lake Park High School Dist. 108 school board.
Keri DeWaele: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for Keri DeWaele, running for Lake Park High School District 108 School Board (4-year Terms)
Doug Denson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for Doug Denson, running for Lake Park High School District 108 School Board (4-year Terms)
Raymond Kubalewski: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for Raymond Kubalewski, running for Lake Park High School District 108 School Board (4-year Terms)
Judy Briggs: Candidate Profile Apr 2, 2013 12:44 PM
Candidate information for Judy Briggs, running for Lake Park High School District 108 School Board (4-year Terms)
Claire Adachi: Candidate Profile Mar 13, 2013 6:54 PM
Candidate information for Claire Adachi, running for Lake Park High School District 108 School Board (4-year Terms)
Tax increase questions on several DuPage ballots Feb 10, 2013 8:00 AM
Voters in several DuPage County communities will weigh in this spring on an array of ballot questions from governmental entities, including five that are seeking more tax money.
Lake Park residents will vote on pool in April Jan 9, 2013 5:03 AM
Amid applause from a group called People for a Pool, the Lake Park High School board of education passed two measures Tuesday in Roselle that will ask voters whether to raise taxes to build and maintain a pool at the East Campus. “The board is committed to a balanced budget,” said Superintendent Lynne Panega. “It's unfortunate we don't have the finances in-house. So we hare going to have to look to our taxpayers to weigh in on this.”
Lake Park students pitch to ‘Shark Tank’ winner Dec 17, 2012 3:50 PM
U.S. Marine Corps combat vet and entrepreneur Rob Dyer visited Lake Park High School in Roselle this month to hear marketing students' ideas for his nutritional drink, RuckPack. And Dyer knows a thing or two about successful marketing: he appeared last month on ABC's reality show "Shark Tank" and earned $150,000 for his product.
Fundraiser set for Roselle fire victims Dec 7, 2012 2:36 PM
A fundraiser is scheduled Wednesday, Dec. 12, for a single mother whose Roselle rental home was destroyed by fire just days after she moved in. "I have never been more devastated in 56 years of life," fire victim Donna Rozycki said.
Lake Park senior collects 700 bags of food for charity Nov 16, 2012 5:13 PM
Lake Park High School senior Michael Amerlan has been gearing up all fall for what he calls "food drive season." The Itasca teen normally competes in track and field in the spring, but when late autumn comes he gears up for a different kind of contest: trying to collect the most food for charity as the holidays approach. This year, he's collected roughly 700 bags.
Roselle police seek leads in false Lake Park bomb threat Nov 14, 2012 5:01 PM
Lake Park High School officials said police haven't found anything dangerous so far at the school's east campus, following multiple bomb threats made by phone just before 9 a.m. today. The school was safely evacuated and classes are canceled for the day.
Lake Park High School considering pool for East Campus Oct 17, 2012 9:33 AM
Lake Park High School officials are revisiting the possibility of adding a pool to the school's East Campus. Superintendent Lynne Panega said the issue has been discussed in previous years, but it re-emerged last month because Lake Park's swim and dive teams are displaced from College of DuPage — their home site — due to construction until February 2014.
Fans basking in Ryder Cup afterglow Oct 7, 2012 8:00 AM
It's been a week now and still fans are comparing pictures, sharing stories, and showing off souvenirs from the 39th annual Ryder Cup that came to Medinah County Club. Few people can put their finger on the one thing that made the golf tournament so special, but many agree it was the experience of a lifetime.
Ryder Cup volunteers: A once-in-a-lifetime deal Sep 11, 2012 5:37 AM
Thousands of people are coming from thoughtout the suburbs, the state and other countries to volunteer for the 2012 Ryder Cup at Medinah Country Club. They come for myriad reasons, but most agree its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity despite the $235 uniform tab. “It’s clothes with the Ryder Cup logo that I probably would have bought anyway,” said volunteer Jerry Gordon.
Lake Park Lancer Joust is marching bands’ first big test Sep 8, 2012 10:59 PM
The 34th annual Lake Park Lancer Joust is a marching band festival, but everyone involved knows there's much more to the event than stepping across a football field. "You get a lot of goose bumps. ... You can tell at the end if it's a good show by how everyone is smiling," said Becky Steele, drum major of the Waubonsie Valley High School marching Warriors.
Veterans to be honored at this year’s Itasca Fest Jul 11, 2012 8:17 AM
At this year's Itasca Fest, festival-goers can marvel at the Washington, D.C., WWII Memorial. A scale model of the memorial will visit the festival as one of many attractions at this year's Itasca Fest, running July 12 to 15 in Washington Park. Dan Kompanowski, special events coordinator and Itasca Fest chairman, said it is a chance to honor veterans.
What school districts spend on taxicab transportation Jun 17, 2012 8:00 AM
Forty-seven school districts in the state, mostly in northern Illinois, have spent nearly $50 million over the past six years on taxi services, with Northwest Suburban High School District 214 topping the list, according to contracts obtained by watchdog group For the Good of Illinois. Officials from various school districts say taxis are sometimes the best way to transport students who have special needs, are homeless or vocational education students.
Lake Park student wins Comcast scholarship Jun 11, 2012 7:32 PM
Zamaan Sohel, a student at Lake Park High School, is among 170 Illinois students who have been named the Comcast Foundation's 2012 Leaders and Achievers
Lake Park superintendent prepares for Ryder Cup shutdown May 29, 2012 4:43 PM
With the Ryder Cup set to bring 45,000 visitors per day to town during its run in late September, Lake Park High School accepted an offer from the PGA to shut down school for a week and help run parking and concessions operations. Lake Park Superintendent Lynne Panega discusses the decision to close and the plans for the extra funding from the PGA.
- Hossa hits milestone where it all began
- Smothering boyfriend is driving her crazy
- Judge denies delay for Crystal Lake bleacher demolition
- Top 10 tips for a super successful garage sale
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Metra hiring 31 new coach cleaners
- Gagging can have many causes
- Police: Woman's caretaker racked $16,000 credit card bill
- Life after smartphones is robot cars for Panasonic
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.