Activate Your Free
Articles filed under James B. Conant High School
Football: Scouting Week 8, Northwest Oct 17, 2014 1:41 AM
Here's what to expect in Week 8 of the high school football season for team in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Prospect extends downstate reign Oct 14, 2014 9:44 PM
The rain would not stop at Bittersweet Golf Club in Gurnee on Tuesday. Neither would Prospect’s streak of trips to the Class AA state finals at the Hickory Point Golf Course in Decatur. The Knights will pack their bags for the fifth straight time, thanks to the score of 330 they shot on Monday at the Warren girls golf sectional. Four teams were unable to finish their rounds on Monday due to the rain.They took the course in the same wet conditions on Tuesday. When the scores were finally completed, Prospect’s 330 was good for second place behind champion New Trier (323).
Prospect’s Garmoe, Gavin and St. Viator’s Carlson make state Oct 13, 2014 8:54 PM
While their respective teams didn’t achieve Monday’s ultimate goal, bittersweet individual berths will certainly do. The Prospect duo of Robert Garmoe and Grant Gavin, and St. Viator’s Nick Carlson punched their tickets to the Class 3A state finals during a tough New Trier Class 3A sectional at Winnetka Golf Club. Garmoe and Carlson each fired a 3-over par 74 to tie for fourth place with three others, while Gavin made the cut via a five-way tie for 16th at 6-over 77.
Lillie leads St. Charles North to runner-up sectioanl finish Oct 13, 2014 11:29 PM
It was a scramble from start to the finish at the Conant girls sectional golf meet at Fox Run in Elk Grove. Maine South won the team title with a 328, while St. Charles North was second with a 331. The scramble began at third place, where both Wheaton Warrenville South and Oak Park tied with a 337. Wheaton Warrenville South was awarded the final team spot at this weekend’s Class AA state finals based on the fifth score, as Emma Field’s score was lower than the 101 from Oak Park’s Sophie Mouros. Tying for the 10th and final individual qualifying berth were Glenbard West’s Samantha Moody, Elk Grove’s Erin Walz, Lake Park’s Nicole Hansen and Burlington Central’s Josie Kurosky. Each shot an 84 - they will try to settle the issue with a playoff beginning at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Barrington scores an MSL title, with Hersey close behind Oct 11, 2014 6:41 PM
Although it was one of the closest team scores in years, Barrington still was able to net a 20th consecutive Mid-Suburban League girls tennis championship, posting 53 points at Schaumburg on Saturday afternoon to complete the three-day tournament. Hersey followed with 46 points for second place, and Fremd was third with 38, just ahead of Buffalo Grove (36).
Live video: Conant vs. Schaumburg Oct 10, 2014 10:03 AM
Conant vs. Schaumburg football
Winning’s quite a rush for Conant Oct 10, 2014 11:38 PM
Conant threw a rushing party, and the hosts were juniors quarterback Kyle Bradley and running back Jake Jakubosky on Friday night in an MSL West matchup at Schaumburg. The Cougars (3-4) were more than delighted in taking home the Silver Sneaker trophy as they routed Schaumburg 35-7, thus ending a three-game skid.
Football: Scouting Week 7, Northwest Oct 10, 2014 1:09 AM
Here's a look ahead at the Week 7 matchups of the high school football season involving teams from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Maine West, Leyden and Christian Liberty Academy.
Schaumburg earns share of West title Oct 9, 2014 11:55 PM
The Schaumburg girls volleyball team clinched a tie for first in the Mid-Suburban West on Thursday night with a 25-23, 25-9 victory at Hoffman Estates. Senior Oyinkan Akinola put down 8 kills for the Saxons while Mallory Gerber and Lexi Ross each added 3. Schaumburg improved to 16-6 and 8-1 in the West, one match ahead of Fremd (7-2) and Palatine (7-2) with one to play.
Make its 12 straight MSL East titles for Hersey Oct 9, 2014 11:21 PM
The longest division winning streak in Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball history is alive and well.Hersey made it 12 straight East crowns on Thursday night when the Huskies rallied from a second-set loss and a 10-7 deficit in Set 3 to post a 25-18, 20-25, 25-12 victory at Buffalo Grove.
Prospect passes key test against Hersey as Liva soars Oct 9, 2014 10:19 PM
Last season, Prospect ended Hersey’s six-year string of girls swimming and diving championships in the Mid-Suburban East. This fall, it looks like Prospect has started a streak of its own. On senior night for the Knights at Wheeling’s pool, Prospect used a 1-2-3 finish in the 100-yard backstroke to pull away from Hersey 101-85 in the matchup pitting the top two teams in the MSL East. Prospect still needs a victory against Wheeling next week for an outright championship, but the toughest obstacle to repeat has been cleared — and in breathtaking fashion. Knights senior diver Dana Liva made sure of that, hitting all six of her dives on the way to breaking her own team and pool records with a 311.65 score. The lowest score the Wisconsin-bound standout received on any dive was a 6. She was awarded nothing below an 8 on her first dive, a back dive in the pike position.
Sulkar, Barrington lead the way in Lake Forest regional Oct 8, 2014 10:16 PM
There was plenty of drama at Wednesday’s conclusion of the Lake Forest regional at Deerpath Golf Club in Lake Forest. When the final scores were entered in the clubhouse, the Fillies were one stroke better than Deerfield (359 to 360) to win their 15th title in 28 seasons under Hall of Fame girls golf coach Jodi Schoeck.“It was thrilling when we realized that we had won it,” Schoeck said. “When we saw the scoreboard was completed, it was a sigh of relief because we were not sure what was going to happen.”
Barrington takes aim at 20th straight MSL title Oct 8, 2014 10:52 PM
The next few weeks will be intense for the Mid-Suburban League and other northwest suburban girls tennis teams as the postseason begins with conference tournaments. The MSL teams will compete at Schaumburg today through Saturday. Barrington (16-5) has established quite a reliable trend, having won the league title for 19 straight years. The Fillies have already gone 5-0 to secure the MSL West Division title and will be tough to beat as they go after a 20th consecutive overall league crown.
Hersey secures share of East title Oct 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Senior Night proved to be a big hit for Hersey’s girls volleyball team at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights. Providing some of the biggest hits were Liz Fuerst (7 kills), Caity Strozewski (6), Gabri Olhava (4) and Kelly Hill (3) as the Huskies posted a 26-24, 25-18 victory over visiting Wheeling. Hersey (18-4, 8-0) clinched a tie for its 12th straight Mid-Suburban East crown under coach Nancy Lill.
Fremd clinches in MSL West Oct 7, 2014 10:43 PM
Fremd is back in the Mid-Suburban League boys soccer championship picture for the first time since 2010. Luke Schoffstall was on target at 44 minutes to get the Vikings up and running before a sensational strike by Kurt Rettke two minutes from time sealed a 2-0 win over Conant to clinch the MSL West crown, the 13th in program history for Fremd.
St. Viator, Schaumburg and Conant earn sectional appearances Oct 7, 2014 7:07 PM
St. Viator earned a regional championship at Hilldale Golf Club on Tuesday; joining them in next week's New Trier sectional will be Schaumburg and Conant.
Palatine nets victory at Stevenson Oct 6, 2014 9:35 PM
Palatine’s girls volleyball team traveled to Lincolnshire to start the week on Monday night and came away with a 25-20, 13-25, 25-2 victory over Stevenson.
Northwest roundup Oct 6, 2014 9:32 PM
Led by Megan Kopeny’s round of 45 on the Medinah Course 2, Hersey won the Lake Park Quad with a score 191 to defeat Conant (200), Elk Grove (208), Lake Park (231).
Palatine, Prospect win MSL divisional titles Oct 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Palatine's girls cross country team won its eighth straight Mid-Suburban West title, while Prospect grabbed its seventh straight divisional crown in the MSL East.
Rolling Meadows tops Wheeling Oct 2, 2014 10:26 PM
Jessie Ligenza and Anna Frantom gave visiting Rolling Meadows a 1-2 finish in the 200-yard IM, and they later provided a 2-3 finish behind teammate Erin Pletch in the 100 breaststroke as the Mustangs edged Wheeling 98-76 in Mid-Suburban East girls swimming and diving on Thursday.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- No more excuses
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Strong start by Dunleavy
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.