Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Island Lake Recreation Department
Island Lake won’t have to return $239,000 state grant for park, according to settlement Aug 15, 2014 5:17 PM
Despite complaints of financial abuse and other allegations, Island Lake officials won’t have to return a $239,000 state grant issued in 1992 for the purchase of Greenleaf Woods Park. Instead, village officials must promise that three of the town’s parks — Greenleaf, Veterans and Converse — will forever be maintained for outdoor recreation use and follow state open-land rules..
Bank of England mimics cybercriminals to test security Jun 10, 2014 8:37 AM
The Bank of England is testing lenders’ defenses against cyber-attacks by mimicking hackers’ own techniques as online criminals grow more sophisticated. The BOE will “bring together the best available threat intelligence from government and elsewhere” to improve information sharing and cyber-attack testing, Andrew Gracie, the central bank’s executive director for bank resolution, said.
State wants Island Lake to return $239,000 grant Apr 20, 2014 11:45 PM
State officials want Island Lake to return a $239,000 grant delivered 22 years ago, alleging village leaders misrepresented facts and misused the money, documents indicate. The grant was awarded to help the village purchase about 12 acres called Greenleaf Woods.
Happy Meal heroin suspect ‘crushed’ by charges Feb 12, 2014 7:51 AM
A woman accused of hiding heroin in Happy Meals and selling them from a Pittsburgh drive-thru has been “emotionally crushed” by the allegations, her defense attorney said Tuesday, though he stopped short of denying the charges.
Former rec supervisor to get $10,000 from Island Lake Jan 25, 2013 4:08 PM
Seven months after being found not guilty of starting a bar fight, Island Lake's former recreation supervisor will get $10,000 from the village to cover back pay. Karen Luebbers had been placed on unpaid leave following a December 2010 fight at a local tavern. That suspension continued until she was reinstated in June 2011.
Island Lakefest planned for Saturday Sep 13, 2012 11:01 AM
Island Lake officials will host the annual Island Lakefest Saturday. The gathering is set for two locations.
Free concert in Island Lake Aug 10, 2012 3:45 PM
The rock band Industrial Drive will perform in a free outdoor concert Friday, Aug. 17, at Converse Park in Island Lake.
Outdoor concert in Island Lake Jun 28, 2012 5:16 PM
Island Lake village officials will host a free outdoor concert at 7 p.m. today at Converse Park, which is off Route 176, east of Roberts Road.
Island Lake hosts fishing fest Jun 7, 2012 4:57 PM
Island Lake officials will host a fishing competition called Carp Fest on June 23-24. Whoever catches the heaviest carp will get a $50 prize, and whoever catches the most carp will get $100.
Island Lake parks coordinator found not guilty of starting bar fight Jun 1, 2012 11:41 AM
Island Lake's recreation department administrator was found not guilty in Lake County circuit court of misdemeanor battery charges stemming from a bar fight she was alleged to have started, authorities said. "All I can really say is that I knew I was not guilty and feel as though justice has been served," Karen L. Luebbers said Friday.
Chamber scholarship winner May 30, 2012 4:44 PM
Marian Central Catholic High School senior Gerald McMaster has won a $500 scholarship from the Island Lake Area Chamber of Commerce.
Island Lake craft event May 1, 2012 5:31 PM
The Island Lake parks and recreation department will hold its second annual Converse Park Spring Craft Faire on Saturday.
Island Lake reinstates rec supervisor suspended over bar fight Jun 18, 2011 11:19 AM
Island Lake trustees have reinstated Karen Leubbers as the village's recreation department supervisor, ending a six-month suspension that began after police charged her with instigating a bar fight.
Island Lake board to talk vacant properties Jan 26, 2011 3:49 PM
The Island Lake village board will meet Thursday, Jan. 27, to discuss new rules for maintaining vacant properties and other business. The meeting is set to begin at 7:30 p.m. at village hall, 3720 Greenleaf Ave.
Island Lake preschool to close next week during director’s criminal trial Jan 20, 2011 1:07 PM
Island Lake's Creative Playtime Preschool will be closed next Tuesday through Friday because teachers will be called to testify during boss Sharon Hyde's trial, village officials confirmed Wednesday.
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Gire: 'Nightcrawler' sheds dim light on crime news
- Party funding pours into 62nd District
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- Dawn Patrol: No charges in standoff; more money for Metropolis
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.