Articles filed under Hockey
Kane finalist for Lady Byng Trophy May 16, 2013 12:00 AM
There’s some kind of irony in this: Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane has been named a finalist for an award for good behavior. Kane, who has had an assortment of off-ice issues since joining the Hawks in 2007, on Thursday was announced as one of the three finalists for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy given to the player who has exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct, combined with a high standard of playing ability. Kane is a finalist along with Matt Moulson of the Islanders and Martin St. Louis of Tampa Bay.
Hawks’ Kruger embraces role as penalty killer May 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Marcus Kruger’s stall is next to Jonathan Toews’ in the Blackhawks’ dressing room — and before every game the captain will lean over and give the kid some advice. “I sit next to Krugs in the locker room and every game I kind of get in his ear and just tell him shoot the puck or just go to the net and he’s going to get an ugly one,” Toews said. Kruger scored a goal in the Hawks’ 4-1 win against Detroit in Game 1, his second of the playoffs, putting him 2 up on the scoreless Toews. “Yesterday I told him the same thing: go to the net and get a dirty one,” Kruger said jokingly. It’s Kruger and Michael Frolik helping make the penalty kill a perfect 20-for-20 in the playoffs.
Blackhawks know battle with Red Wings has just begun May 16, 2013 12:00 AM
These are the Detroit Red Wings, and they’re not going to go away quietly. The Blackhawks know this from experience. If anything, Wednesday’s 4-1 win by the Hawks in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals will only serve as motivation for the Red Wings to come back with a better effort on Saturday in Game 2. That’s what the Hawks are expecting anyway.
Hawks run weary Wings into the ground May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
What's it like to come in to Chicago fresh off a grueling seven-game quarterfinal series against Anaheim and have to face a fast, fresh and eager Blackhawks team at the United Center? In a word, exhausting.
Blackhawks’ best game too much for Red Wings May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville continues to ask his team for more, and he should, because they have a lot more to offer even after taking out the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 Wednesday at the UC.
Patrick Sharp's play key to Blackhawks' Game 1 winMay 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Veteran Blackhawks winger Patrick Sharp was all over the ice Wednesday night with a pair of assists and an empty-net goal in a 4-1 win over Detroit in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals at the United Center. Sharp did all the dirty work on Johnny Oduya's goal at 8:02 of the third period that snapped a 1-1 tie. “Before the puck even came to me (from a Patrick Kane cycle), I saw Johnny break through,” Sharp said.
Blackhawks beat Detroit 4-1 in series opener May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night. Chicago dominated the final two periods in its first game in the Western Conference semifinals since it won the Stanley Cup in 2010.
Quenneville decides to sit unhappy Stalberg May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Images: Blackhawks vs. Red Wings, Game One May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Blackhawks won 4-1 as they opened up the second round of the NHL playoffs against the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday at the United Center. Marian Hossa, Johnny Oduya, Patrick Sharp, and Marcus Kruger scored.
Selke Trophy finalist Toews draws praise May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
NHL coaches throughout the league recognize the strong play and leadership Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews provides his team. Detroit coach Mike Babcock added his voice to the chorus of praise after Toews was announced as a finalist for the Selke Trophy, which goes to the top defensive forward in the league. Babcock, who directed Team Canada in the 2008 Olympics, has coaches all three finalists: Toews, Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk and Boston's Patrice Bergeron. "I've had the good fortune to coach all three and they're good, good men," Babcock said. "They play with and without the puck and they help you win at playoff time."
Quick leads Kings past Sharks 2-0 in opener May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Jonathan Quick made 35 saves in his sixth career playoff shutout, and the Los Angeles Kings opened their second-round series with a 2-0 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday night.
Penguins top Senators 4-1 to take series opener May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Paul Martin and Chris Kunitz scored power-play goals and Pascal Dupuis added his sixth goal of the playoffs and the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Ottawa Senators 4-1 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Tuesday.
Troy Murray: You can’t write off Red Wings May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Q&A with Blackhawks broadcaster Troy Murray
Stalberg waiting in hockey limboMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
For the third straight practice, Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg was clad in the dreaded white practice sweater, signifying a man without a line. And afterward he was a man without much to say about it:
How the Hawks can beat the Red Wings May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Veteran Blackhawks beat writer Tim Sassone breaks down the keys to the Hawks-Red Wings series: The goalies, the role players, the discipline, and Detroit's defense against the Hawks' high-scoring offense. This group of Blackhawks also has never beaten Detroit in a playoff series.
Blackhawks catch break facing Wings…but must be ready May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Getting Minnesota and Detroit the first two rounds was the best possible result for the Blackhawks, who couldn't have ordered it up any better. Still, the Wings are playing well and in this series the Hawks better show up from the start.
Verdi goes one-on-one with Coach Q May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Bob Verdi goes one-on-one in an extensive interview with Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville that looks back on the season, his decision to switch up some lines, and his drive to get the team to raise its game to another level in the playoffs, among other topics. And Coach Q responds to the question that always gets asked: Is this Hawks team tough enough?
Rangers rout Capitals in Game 7 May 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Bruins rally to send Leafs home in OT May 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Toews: We’ve got to be ready to bring our best May 13, 2013 12:00 AM
In theory, a Tuesday night opener would have given the Blackhawks a bit of an advantage because the Red Wings would be coming in from California after Sunday's late-night clincher in what was a grueling series while a well-rested Hawks team would be waiting to pounce. Well, all that went out the window Monday morning when the league announced the series opener between the two storied rivals would commence Wednesday night instead.
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degree
- State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 57 position 8: Object required: 'selectSingleNode(...)'
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY - DELIVERY -Newspapers Early Mornings, Should have van or SUV. Palatine area. 847-571-3733 (id:4339735) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) BEVERAGE EQUIPMENT SERVICE SHOP - Beverage Equipment Service Shop needs labor help. Full or Part Time Abesco Inc. 2200 Stonington Ave. Suite 200 Hoffman Estates, IL. 847-884-9595 Apply in Person (id:4339414)
- POLICE OFFICER - POLICE OFFICER The Village of Mount Prospect Board of Police and Fire Commissioners will be conducting a Police Officer Examination. Preliminary application, requirements and testing information is available at: PublicSafetyRecruitment.com Call 1-800-343-HIRE with questions. APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE BY NOON CDT, JULY 3, 2013 Mandatory orientation will be held on July 31, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Testing will be held on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Starting Salary $56,115 with full benefits package EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -M/F (id:4339311) HEALTH CARE - Life Experience Coordinator The Garlands of Barrington is seeking a creative and energetic leader to transition our Memory Care unit into a dynamic, activity and ability based model of service. This position will have direct involvement with families and other departments while developing individualized plans for each member. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and implementing programs, as well as training and motivating others. A passion for dementia care is a MUST. A flexible work schedule to accommodate the needs of our members will include weekend and holiday rotation. Experience in a long term care environment as well as Supervisory experience preferred. Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423 (id:4340181) HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178)
- COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Co in Lake Zurich seeks warehouse worker. Duties incl packing orders for shipment. 401K, health ins. ind. must speak & read English. Call Herb 847-438-4556 (id:4340099) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist Glendale Hts Auto Dealer seeks part time Receptionist/ Cashier. Dealership exp. a plus. Multi-tasking and reliability a must. Responsibilities will include answering phones, cashiering and light filing. 20 -25 hours per week. Retail environment. Schedule will include some Saturday & holiday hours. Please email resume to Jan at email@example.com (id:4340098)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com