Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grayslake North High School
Hollywood ending for Stevenson’s Rudy Feb 21, 2015 9:24 PM
Kaitlyn Rudy of Stevenson, who made her first trip to the girls bowling state finals, is now the highest-finishing competitor in the program’s history. And she achieved that lofty standing by virtue of a frenetic finish. Going into the final game on Saturday, the Patriots junior was in the 12th spot, just thinking about trying to hang on for a medal. But Rudy finished with an impressive 247 game that moved her up to third place (2,639 over the 12 games) in the girls bowling state tournament at Cherry Bowl.
Hard-working Hernandez, Waubonsie Valley back in title picture Feb 20, 2015 8:58 PM
Hard work really does pay off. Especially for Waubonsie Valley’s Angelica Hernandez, who’s seen her bowling average rise by 78 pins in less than a year. Hernandez had a 118 average last March, but she steadily made gains, practicing and working on her game while seeing improvement all along the way. The result was an average approaching the 200 mark entering the state tournament weekend at Cherry Bowl in Rockford. On Friday, the sophomore started off with a 604 series with games of 224, 181 and 199. In the afternoon, she threw games of 209, 174 and 183 for a 566 series for a 6-game total of 1,170.
Images: State Individual Wrestling Friday Feb 20, 2015 9:59 PM
See bouts from Friday at the individual state wrestling tournament at State Farm Center in Champaign .
Libertyville’s Gunther guns it, reaches state final Feb 20, 2015 11:03 PM
Joey Gunther was a smashing success Friday. The Libertyville senior advanced to the 160-pound state wrestling final after outlasting Trace Carello of Marmion Academy in a marathon semifinal in Champaign. The top-seeded Gunther won 3-2 when he was awarded the 1-point winner as Carello (20-4) was unable to break away from an unyielding hold. “It’s wasn’t at all pretty, but as I said after my quarterfinal this morning, it’s not about style points down here,” said Gunther (36-1). Assured of a state medal, Gunther next tried to become the fourth state champ in Libertyville history. He’ll meet Matthew Rundell (32-3) of Oak Park-River Forest in the title bout on Day 3 of the state tournament.
Mundelein finding ways to enjoy the struggle Feb 19, 2015 9:55 PM
Staying upbeat during a 2-25 season isn’t easy. So Mundelein coach Corey Knigge has gone out of his way to make sure his players are having some fun off the court. “We’ve had two rough seasons in a row,” said Knigge, referring to last year’s 2-28 campaign and the 0-11 mark in North Suburban Conference play this is part of this year’s two-win season. “We want the kids, especially our seniors, to have some good memories of this season.” On Wednesday, Knigge took his team down to Loyola University to a men’s game against Northern Iowa, which features former Mundelein standout Robert Knar. Last week, the Mustangs made their first trip to Loyola, to watch another former Mundelein star, Sean O’Brien, a sophomore at Southern Illinois.
Wrestling: State tournament scouting, Lake County Feb 18, 2015 5:08 PM
Here's a look at this weekend's wrestling state tournament, from the perspective of competitors from the North Suburban Conference plus Carmel and Grayslake North.
Sherwood surpasses 1,000 in Prospect’s playoff win Feb 18, 2015 11:20 PM
When you watch Catherine Sherwood on the basketball floor, it seems like there are a thousand ways she can beat you to the basket. Appropriately enough on Wednesday night, she became the eighth player in Prospect girls basketball history to score 1,000 points. Needing just 1 point to reach the milestone, Sherwood did it by hitting the first of two free throws with 3:07 left in the first quarter. It also gave Prospect a 12-3 lead which was eventually extended to 31-3. The Mid-Suburban League East champs went on to post a 50-25 victory in the semifinal game of the Class 4A Grayslake North Class regional over the host school which was seeded 15th in the Palatine sectional.
Bowen helps Grayslake North buck Central Feb 17, 2015 10:53 PM
In his last rivalry game, Lee Bowen gave host Grayslake North a huge spark en route to its 54-47 victory over Grayslake Central on Tuesday in boys basketball. Bowen, a reserve, scored 4 points, grabbed 9 rebounds and was a force defensively. He did much of his damage in the fourth quarter when the Knights were trying to break open a close game.
Girls basketball / Lake County roundup Feb 16, 2015 11:05 PM
In the second game Monday at Carmel Catholic, Lake Zurich advanced in Class 4A girls basketball regional play after a 48-41 victory over Deerfield. Elly Daleske scored 16 points to lead the way for Lake Zurich, while Deerfield was led by Jesse Holloway with 15.
Starring role for Einloth in Grayslake Central’s win Feb 14, 2015 9:47 PM
The bounce pass — delivered from near the half-court line to a cutting Lucas Buckels, who finished at the rim — would have played nicely at the NBA All-Star Game festivities in New York this weekend. “I love (distributing the ball),” 6-foot-5 junior Aidan Einloth said. “I’d rather have 15 assists than 30 points, any night.” Grayslake North’s star settled for 17 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists, as the visiting Knights pulled away from Crystal Lake Central to capture a 60-43 win in a Fox Valley Conference Fox Division game Saturday night. One more assist would have given Einloth his second career triple-double, as he had one last season against Hampshire.
Grayslake North pins down state berth Feb 14, 2015 11:03 PM
Four pins. That’s what denied Grayslake North’s girls bowling team a trip to state last year. It weighed heavily on the minds of the Knights, who got their shot at redemption Saturday. And this time they didn’t let opportunity slip away. The Knights secured a spot at Cherry Bowl in Rockford next weekend by finishing third in the Rolling Meadows sectional at Brunswick Zone Mt. Prospect. Grayslake North totaled 5,731 pins, while Schaumburg was the sectional champion with a 5,841 total. Runner-up Hersey (5,758) and Hoffman Estates (5,710) also qualified for state.
Grayslake North charges back to beat Dundee-Crown Feb 13, 2015 11:18 PM
If Grayslake North’s girls basketball team can ride the momentum of its fourth quarter Friday night into the postseason, the Knights could be a team to not take lightly. Grayslake North dumped 26 points through the basket in the final quarter to notch a 54-49 come-from-behind win over Dundee-Crown in a Fox Valley Conference crossover of the league’s two third place teams in Carpentersville.
Wrestling: Sectional scouting, Lake County Feb 12, 2015 8:56 PM
Here's a look at this weekend's sectional wrestling meets, from the perspective of teams in the North Suburban Conference plus Grayslake North and Central along with Carmel Catholic.
Vernon Hills surging toward Prairie title Feb 12, 2015 8:48 PM
Vernon Hills has put together three long winning streaks this season and is on the verge of its first North Suburban Prairie Division boys basketball title.
Basketball mourns coaching losses, but their lessons will endure Feb 12, 2015 5:41 PM
Two college coaching giants died this week, Dean Smith and Jerry Tarkanian. Their influence on the game of basketball and other coaches is widespread. In that vein, Patricia Babcock McGraw polled boys coaches in the Daily Herald's Lake County coverage area about their biggest influences in coaching.
Lahrman, Carlson pace Wauconda’s win Feb 11, 2015 11:26 PM
Zac Lahrman scored 16 points, Ben Carlson posted 14 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks, and Wauconda’s boys basketball team defeated visiting Grayslake North 48-39 in a nonconference game Wednesday night.
Rappe, Carmel snap skid against Deerfield Feb 10, 2015 11:10 PM
Emma Rappe scored 19 points, and Carmel Catholic’s girls basketball team snapped a six-game losing streak with a 51-37 nonconference win over visiting Deerfield on Tuesday night.
Sweet finish for Grayslake North Feb 10, 2015 11:10 PM
The cake was laid out for the Grayslake North seniors. It was stationed in a nearby room, awaiting the party for the six Knights’ seniors. All North had to do was to dispense of 2-game winner Grant on Tuesday night in Grayslake. Evidently, the Grant team didn’t get the same memo. Especially Bulldogs senior Jacob Hanlin. He went to halftime with 17 points in his back pocket. On two more free throws from Hanlin, it looked like the North party might turn sour. The Grant lead was 16 points at 49-33 in the third quarter. “We let up a bunch of easy shots,’’ said North senior Lucas Buckels. “We were able to score the whole game. But we started a concerted effort to stop them.” Buckels and teammate Aidan Einloth both scored 18 points as Grayslake North (13-8) tied this nonconference game early in the fourth quarter and went on to post a 63-57 win.
Novak, Warren savoring this sectional trip Feb 7, 2015 10:42 PM
Rolling right along, there’s Warren coach Rich Novak. He’s been coaching in the Blue Devils girls bowling program for the last 20 years, the last 10 as head coach. But all rolls must end eventually, which means Novak will especially enjoy this season and one last trip to the sectional round. Novak’s squad was one of four to advanced from the Warren regional at Bertrand Lanes on Saturday. “Getting to the sectional was one of our goals,” Novak said. “They all stayed together and worked together through everything.” Novak will retire after this school year. He’s looking forward to a bright future, both for the Warren program and himself. “Retiring is hard to do,” he said, “but I know it’s time to get younger people out here — and I want to do some traveling.”
Einloth, Grayslake North persevere past Hampshire Feb 7, 2015 9:27 PM
Grayslake North coach Todd Grunloh had seen that. Dom DiProva elevating both his athletic body and jump shot. Dom DiProva swatting and scoring. Dom dominating. But during Grayslake North’s 59-41 win over visiting Hampshire in a Fox Valley Fox Division boys basketball game Saturday, neither Grunloh nor Whip-Purs coach Bob Barnett had seen this. With the Knights leading 23-12 midway through the second quarter, Hampshire reserve forward Austin Spaeth grabbed his gym bag and left the gym. He never returned. Barnett had just taken Spaeth out of the game after the 6-foot senior had been called for traveling. “I didn’t want him getting a technical, so I thought I’d sit him down and calm him down,” Barnett said. “The next thing I know, he walks by and says, ‘I quit.’ ... Twenty-eight years as a head coach, I’ve never had that happen.”
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Is swaddling an infant a good idea?
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- A new view of boomerang millennials
- Electrolux takes new stab at intelligent home
- Cardinal planning to attend Palatine fundraiser
- Social media-driven culinary mashup a delicious experiment
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Scouting DuPage County softball
- Police: Man charged with DUI had 3 kids in car
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks SAP BW Lead in Lake Forest, IL. Analyze biz info (Finance, Supply Chain, Adv Planner, Sales & Distrib) & other sys landscape needs to implement & improve Biz Intelligence. Analyze & design solutions based on user reqs, procedures, & improve existing sys & review sys capabilities, ops, workflow, & sched limis. MS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 2 yrs work expe in app development OR BS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 5 yrs exp in app development w/ SAP BW Development, Modeling, & Reporting. Must have exp. w/: SAP ABAP development; training Power Users in SAP Tools & Tech; SAP Business Warehouse, Financials, Sales & Distrib, Adv Planner & Optimizer, Supply Chain, & HR improving, optimizing, & stabilizing environments; participating in implementation & rollout of apps to Manufacturing Plants; creating biz process design specifications, configuring interfaces, writing programming specs, configuring SAP, performing testing, providing end user training & creating biz process docs; & planning SAP program-wide app build, test, deploy, & post go-live activities. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0016 EOE (id:4400708) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929) LANDSCAPING - Landscaping $12/ hour (847) 776-2400 en Palatine Necessita experienca (id:4401864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.