Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Golf
Benet graduate Powers still swinging with power Oct 29, 2014 8:31 PM
The golf swing has a lot in common with the baseball swing. Drive with the legs, use the core to whip the hips through, throw the hands, eyes on the ball. It’s become a smooth transition for Benet graduate Connor Powers.
Bartlett Hills Golf Club manager retiring after more than three decades Oct 24, 2014 5:30 AM
The longtime general manager of a village-owned golf course is retiring after more than three decades with Bartlett Hills. "(E)very morning I walk in, and the first thing I see is the golf course, and I think to myself that’s my office," Bob Gavelek said. “So I’ve been very, very fortunate."
Strong finish for Wheaton’s Streelman Oct 21, 2014 6:01 PM
Chicago’s golf season may be in its final days as far as 2014 goes, but you wouldn’t know it by developments over the last few days. Len Ziehm takes a look at the PGA Tour, where Wheaton’s Kevin Streelman made a final-round charge in the Shriners Hospital for Children’s Open in Las Vegas on Sunday. Ziehm also has the latest on the LPGA's International Crown event coming in 2016 to Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove.
St. Edward grad Winters continues to flourish at Valpo Oct 20, 2014 4:40 PM
St. Edward graduate Eric Winters is having a senior season to remember on the golf course this fall. Winters, now playing at Valparaiso University, recently was named Horizon League golfer of the week based his performance at the Firestone Invitational held in Akron, Ohio. Winters finished seventh in that tournament with rounds of 73, 71 and 73 on a golf course considered one of the premier tracks in the Midwest.
Stevenson’s Miller helping Illinois get in the swing Oct 20, 2014 5:15 PM
Stephanie Miller, the two-time high school girls golf state champion from Stevenson, now swings her clubs for the University of Illinois. And she is helping the Illini swing into gear during its fall campaign. Illini coach Renee Slone’s team brought home its second tournament title in as many weeks by winning three rounds of match play at the Hoosier Fall Invitational in Noblesville, Ind. On the final day, Illinois squared off against Fresno State for the championship of the match-play style event. Miller came back from an earlier loss to top Samantha Spencer 3 and 2.
Glenbard South collects a trophy Oct 18, 2014 11:21 PM
Russell Matos and Michael Wittenberg ended their Glenbard South boys golf season in style on Saturday in Normal. The Raiders duo combined for 7 birdies during final-day action of the Class 2A boys finals at the Weibring Golf Club to lead Glenbard South to its first golf trophy in program history.
Girls golf: Prospect finishes fifth Oct 18, 2014 9:57 PM
Not too many girls golf teams can graduate three Division I golfers and return to the state finals the following season without one. That’s exactly what Prospect’s girls golf team did this fall, making its fifth straight trip to Decatur this weekend. While the Knights may not have brought home a trophy this time, the fact they were even in a factor for the team title after day one was an achievement in itself. On Saturday, Hinsdale Central pulled away from the field on the Hickory Point Golf Club and finished with a score of 634 to top Loyola (649), New Trier (653), Wheaton-Warrenville South (661), Sandburg (678), Prospect (679) and Waubonsie Valley (679).
St. Edward’s Scully 33rd in Class A girls golf Oct 18, 2014 10:35 PM
St. Edward senior Ryann Scully shot an 88 Saturday at Red Tail Run in Decatur to finish with a two-day total of 172 and a tie for 33rd place in the Class A tournament.
St. Charles North’s Furrie finishes 13th at state Oct 18, 2014 9:55 PM
FORSYTH — Gi Furrie is one of the more talented sophomore golfers in the state. “I knew I had the (physical) game,” the St. Charles North underclassman said. “I have been working on my mental game.” On the final day of the girls golf season at the Class AA state finals at Hickory Point Golf Course, Furrie ended her year with a level-par 36 on her inward nine to snare top-13 status with her 36-hole total of 157 on Saturday. Furrie finished the year with a 4-over 76 after overcoming a tough day around the greens during opening-round play on Friday.
Yuen, Singhsumalee go 1-2 at state again Oct 18, 2014 10:45 PM
Bing Singhsumalee did virtually everything possible on her final nine holes of high school golf.
Girls golf: Saturday’s result Oct 19, 2014 12:14 AM
Results of girls golf meets from Saturday, Oct. 18.
Boys golf: Saturday’s results Oct 19, 2014 12:14 AM
Results of boys golf meets from Saturday, Oct. 18.
Burlington Central’s Niesel 14th at state golf Oct 18, 2014 10:02 PM
Burlington Central senior Austin Niesel shot a 76 on Saturday at Weibring Golf Course in Normal to finish tied for 14th place in Class 2A with a two-day total of 154.
Boys golf: Barrington grabs third-place state finish Oct 18, 2014 7:27 PM
With all of its great young talent, the future of the Barrington boys golf team looks very bright. The present isn’t so bad either. Led by super sophomores Timothy Lim and Tom Calbi, the Broncos were able to take home hardware from Saturday’s Class 3A state tournament finals on a cold day at the “Den” course in Bloomington. Lim shot 73 at the meet’s final round to finish in a tie for sixth individually (at 6-over par for the two day meet), while Calbi carded a 74 on the final day to tie for 12th place individually with a 151 (7-over). The stellar showing of the sophs along with a 77 from junior Burke Barsamian helped Barrington claim the third-place team trophy.
St. Charles East finishes 11th at state Oct 18, 2014 8:40 PM
St. Charles East fared much better on the second day of the Class 3A boys state golf tournament in Bloomington on Saturday.
Boys golf: Vernon Hills ninth after first day of 2A tourney Oct 17, 2014 6:58 PM
Vernon Hills’ boys golf team finds itself in ninth place after the first day of the Class 2A state tournament Friday at Weibring Golf Club on the campus of Illinois State University in Normal.
Prospect in close trophy proximity once again Oct 17, 2014 9:01 PM
Prospect’s bid for a fourth straight trophy at the Class AA state girls golf finals is within makeable putting distance. Led by senior Kacie O’Donnell’s 79 and three scores of 84, the defending state champs are 9 strokes off the lead and only 3 strokes from third place after the first day of action at the Hickory Point Golf Course (par 72) in Decatur. O’Donnell’s 79 put her in a tie for 17th while senior Isabella Flack, sophomore Kate Ponzi and sophomore Samantha Accardi each landed in a seven-way tie for 46th with their 84s. The highest-finishing Mid-Suburban League representative on day one was conference champion Reena Sulkar. The Barrington sophomore fired a 5-over 77, good for a 3-way tie for ninth place.
Girls golf: St. Edward’s Scully has Top Ten in site Oct 17, 2014 9:26 PM
St. Edward senior Ryann Scully has an opportunity to finish in the Top Ten at the Class A state girls golf tournament at Red Tail Run in Decatur.
Boys golf: Burlington Central’s Niesel in 10th place Oct 17, 2014 9:28 PM
Burlington Central senior Austin Niesel has a chance to bring home a medal from the Class 2A state boys golf tournament. Niesel shot a 6-over par 78 Friday at Weibring Golf Course in Normal and enters Saturday’s final round tied for 10th place.
Glenbard South in second place after first day Oct 17, 2014 5:39 PM
The Glenbard South boys golf team will start Day 2 of the two-day Class 2A tournament in second place.
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Single mom needs to make choices that meet her needs
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Images: Thursday's Lake County Fair
- Video game-themed restaurant coming to Woodfield
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Kids Ink: Native Americans
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.