Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Glenbard High School District 87
Glenbard Dist. 87 OKs iPad rollout, referendum on facilities Nov 19, 2013 6:57 AM
A proposal to fund $35 million of a $100 million Glenbard High School District 87 master facilities plan through a referendum is headed to the ballot box. The board on Monday unanimously approved a resolution to place a question on the March 18, 2014, ballot seeking voter support of issuing $35 million in bonds for the facilities renovations.
Glenbard East students choose Sierra Leone refugee as queen Nov 18, 2013 11:17 AM
Kumba Queewa is a charming, talented and involved senior at Glenbard East High School. A refugee from Sierra Leone, West Africa, she was chosen by students at the Lombard school as the homecoming queen. "Without prompting, the students were genuinely exhibiting the key core values that we strive to reinforce, including inclusiveness, empathy, respect and celebrating diversity," Superintendent David Larson said.
Glenbard to vote on facilities referendum, iPad rollout Nov 14, 2013 4:45 PM
Glenbard High School District 87 is slated to vote Monday on a proposal to fund $35 million of a $100 million master facilities plan through a referendum. The proposed improvements, to be completed over 10 years, would include classroom renovations, infrastructure work to outdoor facilities and adding air conditioning to Glenbard West and East.
Dist. 87 proposes iPads for all freshmen by 2014 Nov 6, 2013 10:55 AM
If Glenbard High School District 87 officials have their way, iPads will replace textbooks and novels next fall for all incoming freshmen.
District 87 close to vote on facilities referendum question Nov 5, 2013 5:30 AM
Glenbard High School District 87 is only a formal vote away from sending a proposal to fund $35 million of a $100 million master facilities plan to the ballot box. “In this case it’s a lot of needed infrastructure work on four old, tired assets of the community,” Superintendent David Larson said. “It’s going to take a lot of ground level work.”
District 87 to discuss facilities plan, iPads for incoming freshmen Nov 1, 2013 6:27 PM
Armed with feedback from four community forums, Glenbard High School District 87 officials will discuss a proposal to fund $35 million of a $100 million master facilities plan through a referendum question to extend expiring bonds.
District 87 schools working to prepare students for job market Sep 16, 2013 12:48 PM
Glenbard Superintendent David Larson says area schools are proactively structuring an engaging and rigorous learning environment where graduates will be equipped with skills and aptitudes needed for new middle-class jobs.
Some schools sweating through heat wave without air conditioning Aug 27, 2013 5:30 AM
With the heat index inching closer to 100 degrees this week, students in some suburban schools are trying to keep cool without the benefit of air conditioning in the classroom. “It is a bit of a distraction because you’re trying to get your school year going,” said Mary Pat Johnson, of St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in West Dundee. “But there’s nothing you can do.”
District 87 OKs funding for capital projects Aug 26, 2013 8:53 PM
There’s a whole host of work Glenbard High School District 87 officials want to tackle over the course of the next decade at the four district high schools: classroom renovations and additions, roofing and mechanical work, and the addition of air conditioning to remaining areas at Glenbard East and West. In order to accelerate some of that work and take advantage of low interest rates, the school board voted unanimously Monday night to authorize the sale of $20 million in bonds that will help pay for a portion of capital improvements.
Glenbard South, West welcome new principals Aug 25, 2013 8:10 AM
Students heading back to classes Monday at two Glen Ellyn-area high schools will be greeted by new principals, both of whom have been preparing for this moment since officially taking their jobs over the summer. Here's a look at what brought them to their jobs, and their visions for their schools.
Northwestern basketball coach among Glenbard guests on dangers of drugs Aug 21, 2013 5:30 AM
It’s common for high school athletes and their parents to attend meetings before the start of every sports season when their coaches and school administrators warn about the use of alcohol and drugs. This year in Glenbard High School District 87, officials are bringing in some big names to spread that message — and they say it comes at a time as important as ever.
Field turf in store for parts of Glen Ellyn’s Newton Park Aug 15, 2013 5:30 AM
Glenbard High School District 87 and Glen Ellyn Park District are looking to consolidate several intergovernmental agreements involving facility use into one and incorporate a key proposal: adding field turf to a portion of Newton Park.
High-ranking Glenbard administrator stepping down Aug 14, 2013 1:22 PM
Just weeks after starting a job that was the result of a recent promotion, a top Glenbard High School District 87 official resigned unexpectedly to take a position in another school district. Terri Hanrahan began work as Glenbard's coordinator of teaching and learning and Title I facilitator on July 1. She stepped down July 16. “I had eight great years at Glenbard. I'm very grateful to have had that opportunity,” Hanrahan said.
District 87 strives to get students ‘future ready’ Jul 12, 2013 12:51 PM
Beyond the state and national government’s emphasis on measuring basic proficiency skills, Glenbard District 87 educators know graduates will need to be prepared for college, the global workplace and personal success.
Glenbard planning $100 million worth of improvements Jun 28, 2013 8:46 AM
Glenbard High School District 87 is planning $100 million worth of facility improvements at its four schools, a portion of which will likely require voter approval. The building improvements include classroom renovations and additions, adding air conditioning to remaining areas at Glenbard East and West, and other mechanical work. The projects would take 10 years to complete and are proposed to be funded with a combination of annual district operations funds and proceeds from bond sales and extensions.
5K celebrates former Glenbard North coach Jun 22, 2013 5:54 PM
The 10th annual Bud’s Run, in remembrance of former Glenbard North High School cross county and track coach Harold “Bud” Swanson, was held Saturday in Carol Stream. Hundreds of runners hit the pavement in the rain at the Ross Ferraro Town Center near the high school where Swanson coached for more than 15 years.
Bud's Run honors former Glenbard North coach Jun 21, 2013 11:05 AM
Former Glenbard North girls' cross country and track coach Harold “Bud” Swanson helped shape high school — and for some, college — athletic careers, but he also taught his students off-the-track lessons they could hold onto forever. And so 10 years after Bud's death, his legacy lives on, with dozens of his former student-athletes coming back to do what he loved best: running.
Ex-student pleads not guilty to Glenbard East graduation threat Jun 17, 2013 4:23 PM
A former Glenbard East student accused of planning a mass shooting at the Lombard high school’s graduation ceremony has been indicted on one count of felony disorderly conduct, prosecutors said in court Monday. Michael Santoro, 19, of Lombard, entered a formal plea of not guilty to the charge.
Glenbard approves contract with support staff Jun 11, 2013 6:53 PM
Educational and instructional aides, secretaries, library clerks, technology specialists and other support staff members at the four Glenbard District 87 high schools will have a new three-year contract starting this summer that includes annual raises of about 3 percent each year. But the new agreement, approved unanimously by the school board this week, also allows some who announce plans to retire within the next three years to get 5.5 percent salary boosts each year that would allow future retirees to pad their retirements.
Glenbard East’s graduation postponed May 31, 2013 6:09 PM
The graduation ceremony planned for Friday evening at Glenbard East High School in Lombard has been postponed due to the forecast for inclement weather, school district officials said. The ceremony will take place at noon Saturday, and officials will decide by 10 a.m. whether the ceremony will be held indoors or outdoors.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Glenbard parents upset with athlete suspensions
- 'Worst' president label doesn't fit
- 14-year-old Naperville girl remembered as natural leader
- Average public pension catching up to average salary
- Mount Prospect settles with Ye Olde Town Inn for $6.5 million
- Barrington Hills teen gets 90 days for fatal DUI crash
- Kane coroner grilled on Silly Putty, other costs
- How Ye Old Town Inn owner fought suburb, won millions
- Police seek public's help finding Elgin man
- Vow not to shop at these companies
- PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS TECH - Plastic Injection Molding Process Tech NW Suburbs -2nd & 3rd Shift We offer health/dental ins & 401k. Fax 847-468-9951 or Email to email@example.com (id:4382639) DIRECTOR OF NURSING PROGRAM - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. The College is part of the Illinois public community college system of higher education and is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution for Berwyn, Cicero, Forest View, Lyons, McCook, Stickney and other communities in Chicago's suburban area. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a senior administrator to join us. DIRECTOR OF NURSING PROGRAM The seasoned clinician we seek will be responsible for directing all educational activities in the Nursing, Nursing Assistant and Advanced Bedside Care Technician programs to include, but not limited to: planning, implementing and assessing the approved curriculum and student outcomes; serving/designating the role(s) of Nursing Assistant Coordinator & NCCT Exam Coordinator; and teaching designated Nursing, Nursing Assistant and/or Advanced Bedside Care Technician courses to a diverse student population. Ensuring that programs are in compliance with various national/state standards & regulations; evaluating, developing and assigning faculty; and managing the daily activities of the programs and resources needed to support the programs will also be involved. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing; hold current IL RN licensure; and have a minimum of five years of teaching or clinical experience in addition to five years experience in an administrative role. Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills, as well as PC proficiency a must. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4382311) COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks Sr. Analyst Order-to-Cash in Lake Forest, IL. Responsible for understanding the processes run for biz operations, how they run & optimized on SAP platform & connected systems. Make proposals for the implementation & optimization of solution. Approx 10% travel. Requires Master's in Comp Sci or IT field, & 5 yrs exp, OR Bachelor's in Comp Sci or IT field, & 7 yrs exp. Also must have exp. w/ SAP config & implementation for order mgmt, pricing, & billing; sales scenarios integrated in SAP with MM rel solutions w/ STO, direct shipment, 3rd party processing, & output determination; & full cycle implement including process analysis, config, spec's for dev, testing, documentation, training organization & delivery, & end-user support. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0001 (id:4381363)
- LEGAL SECRETARY - Busy St Charles law firm seeks part-time Legal Secretary-Paralegal with a minimum of 2 years experience in family law. Must have the ability to draft and compose correspondence, pleadings and discovery documents, be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have the ability to multi-task. Please respond with cover letter and resume for consideration. Only candidates with family law experience will be considered. Salary based on experience. please email resumes to email@example.com or fax to 630-443-6204 (id:4381399) ENGINEER - Engineer-HERE North America, LLC has a position in Chicago, IL: Engineer: Develop and deploy software on Cloud Platform using AWS development scripts, Java & object software design, analysis, design of algorithms & database; & other skills/duties. Mail resume to HERE Recruiter, 1515 River Park Dr, Ste. 150, Sacramento, CA 95815& note Job ID# HERE-IL4-ENGNR (id:4382274) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Dynamic co. expanding, seeks individ- uals with good people skills for client srvcs, mktg/sales & assessors. Pd training, 40k-80k 1st yr income. Ph 847-462-0990 (id:4382251)
- OFFICE HELP - StChas company needs seasonal FT office help (April -Oct.) Word and Excel req'd. Strng organization, phone and people skills a must. Hlth Ins available. $12.50-Hr. Fax resume: 630-513-1609 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379892) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4382132) DRIVER - Driver It's Time to Move Ahead! COMPANY DRIVERS -ILLINOIS WESTERN SUBURBS (Naperville/Aurora area) Call LINDA Today! 855-975-0904 APPLY ONLINE: DriveForCardinal.com GREAT HOME TIME LOCAL RUNS DEDICATED CUSTOMER Average Pay $1,200 Per Week Cardinal Logistics is seeking Class A CDL Company Drivers based in the Naperville/Aurora area. Local runs with dedicated customer. REQUIREMENTS: At least 23 years old, 1 year verifiable experience in the last 5 years and clean MVR. BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Ins., 401K w/company match, paid vacation and holidays. (id:4382367)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.