Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Geneva Public Library District
Geneva Library Foundation to present program on Frank Lloyd Wright Sep 11, 2014 12:21 PM
The Geneva Library Foundation Speaker Series will present "The Life and Legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright" from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 17. The speaker will be by Jan Kieckhefer, giving an inside look at Frank Lloyd Wright and his life and legacy in the Chicago area and beyond.
Six seek Geneva library board seat Aug 7, 2014 6:00 PM
Six people have applied to fill a vacancy on the Geneva library board. Steven Andersson left the board last month, because he expects to be elected as representative of the 65th state House District in November.
Geneva Library seeks to fill board vacancy Jul 9, 2014 4:21 PM
Applications are due July 31 for people who want to fill a vacancy on the Geneva Library board.
Geneva Public Library event pretty cool Jul 9, 2014 9:50 PM
The Geneva Public Library’s annual ice cream social featured a double dose of cryogenics. Dippin' Dots ice cream (a cryogenic treat) and Mr. Freeze of Fermilab, who demonstrated the science of cryogenics using liquid nitrogen.
Geneva Library board picks a director May 23, 2014 4:20 PM
The Geneva Library board hired Christine Lazarus as its new director Thursday, filling the vacancy left by the resignation of Matt Teske.
Ex-Geneva Library director resigns assistant post Apr 11, 2014 4:39 PM
The former Geneva Public Library director, who stepped down to assistant director earlier this year, has quit.
Geneva Speaker Series looks at George Fabyan Mar 24, 2014 7:56 AM
The Geneva Library Foundation contiues the second season of the popular Speaker Series at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 26. The topic will be "George Fabyan: Geneva Tycoon among History's Top 10 Interesting Millionaires."
Geneva library to appraise Sixth St. site for new building Jan 25, 2014 10:00 AM
The Geneva Library board is turning its attention again to the old Sixth Street School site as it considers whether, when and where to build a new library. The board ordered a new appraisal of the site Thursday.
Geneva library director steps down, cites health issue Jan 23, 2014 5:30 AM
Geneva Public Library Director Matt Teske resigned Wednesday night, saying the job was not right for him now, as he is dealing with depression and anxiety. But then he was rehired, as assistant director, as the assistant director announced she will retire at the end of June. And the library board voted to hire an interim library director.
Celebrate Santa Lucia Day at Geneva library Dec 12, 2013 10:11 AM
The Geneva Public Library invites kids, adults and everyone in between to “Celebrate the Season.” Friday, Dec. 13, is Santa Lucia Day, and Geneva’s own Santa Lucia will make an appearance at the library’s event.
Geneva library place to be this week Nov 26, 2013 5:29 PM
Books, a warm place to read, and programs like "The Smarty Pants Big Balloon Show" at the Geneva Public Library kept many kids entertained this week while on Thanksgiving break.
Trustees: Geneva Library options remain open Sep 27, 2013 5:20 AM
All options are open for discussion, according to Geneva Library officials, about where the library should be, now that they have dropped the idea of purchasing the site of a former factory for a new home. Trustee Patricia Lord said it's also time the library resurveyed the community. “It is about what our patrons want, not a site,” Lord said.
Geneva Library drops purchase of former Cetron factory Sep 24, 2013 1:53 PM
Geneva won't buy the Cetron factory site for a new library after all. The library board Saturday decided to drop the purchase, citing necessary environmental remediation as one factor. “It was hard,” library board President Esther Steel said of the decision. She said the library's attorneys advised her not to discuss the specifics of the information the board received while performing “due diligence” about the site, including results of testing for the presence of environmental hazards.
Geneva-Batavia library lawsuit at an end? Maybe Sep 24, 2013 4:54 AM
Neither of you get it: In a nutshell, that's what a judge told the Geneva and Batavia public libraries last week in an order that ruled both their attempts to annex about 1,500 acres were invalid. The libraries have been fighting each other in courtrooms for six years. But, “I do not believe this is over. It is an extremely complicated ruling,” Geneva Library Board President Esther Steel said.
Learn about alternative energy at Geneva library program May 17, 2013 1:55 PM
The Geneva Library Foundation Speaker Series continues with "Exploring Energy Efficiencies and Alternatives" with Patricia Vary, a retired research professor, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, in the lower meeting room at the Geneva Public Library
Robert Shiffler: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Candidate information for Robert Shiffler, running for Geneva Library Board (2-year Term)
David Creighton: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Candidate information for David Creighton, running for Geneva Library Board (4-year Terms)
Robert Mann: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Candidate information for Robert Mann, running for Geneva Library Board (4-year Terms)
Jay Moffat: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Candidate information for Jay Moffat, running for Geneva Library Board (4-year Terms)
Steven Andersson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Candidate information for Steven Andersson, running for Geneva Library Board (4-year Terms)
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- No more excuses
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Boeing sees rocket blast hastening end to Russia-engine reliance
- Burlington Central storms back to take crown
- Bulls' Butler not worried about his next deal
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.