Articles filed under Elk Grove High School
Elk Grove outduels Palatine May 3, 2013 12:00 AM
Palatine and host Elk Grove engaged in an old-fashioned pitchers' duel, as the host Grenadiers and David Camacho edged the Pirates and Nick Refka 2-1 in Mid-Suburban League play Friday.
Rolling Meadows maintains East edge May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Rolling Meadows earned a 25-18, 25-21 victory over Elk Grove on Thursday to improve 7-2 in the Mid-Suburban East and maintain a half-game lead over Prospect for the divisional lead.
Girls track: Scouting the Mid-Suburban League meet May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Here's a look at Friday's Mid-Suburban League girls track meet hosted by Schaumburg.
State IHSA bass fishing championship postponedMay 1, 2013 12:00 AM
The Illinois High School Association has announced that the 2013 IHSA Bass Fishing State Final Tournament, scheduled for Friday and Saturday, May 3-4 at Carlyle Lake in Carlyle, has been postponed due to potentially dangerous water levels and will be rescheduled to unfold in Carlyle later this spring.
Quagliano pitches Wheeling to MSL victory May 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Wheeling's first win of the season in the Mid-Suburban League came on the softball field of the two-time defending league champions. The Wildcats overcame a 4-1 deficit after four innings to top Conant 7-4 behind junior pitcher Katie Quagliano who struck out five and walked one. The Wildcats (6-11, 1-8) got the lead in the top of the sixth when they scored 3 runs.
Schwind, Fan help Schaumburg cool off Broncos May 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Brad Schwind and Michael Fan helped Schaumburg end Barrington's 11-game winning streak Wednesday in Barrington. Schwind pitched 5 scoreless innings and Fan belted 2 home runs to lead the Saxons past the Broncos 6-2.
Top moments in high school sportsApr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
Elk Grove, Barrington deliver victories Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Conant comes out swinging Apr 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Junior Rachel O'Malley belted a 2-run homer in the first inning and sophomore Hailey Rothstein added a 2-run blast in the fourth as Conant topped host Elk Grove 7-1 in the Mid-Suburban League crossover game Monday.
Maize helps Elk Grove find its way Apr 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Being a three-sport athlete, Mikey Maize knows all about pressure. And the Elk Grove senior showed how to overcome it, belting a 2-run homer in the top of the seventh inning to lift the Grenadiers past host Rolling Meadows 2-1 on Monday in a key Mid-Suburban East game.
Elk Grove will wait for state tourney berth Apr 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Elk Grove's bid for a state fishing crown has been put on hold. The Illinois High School Association announced on Monday the Bass Fishing state final tournament scheduled for this Friday and Saturday at Carlyle Lake in Carlyle, has been postponed due to potentially dangerous water levels and will be rescheduled in Carlyle later this spring.
Prospect wins twice, takes third at Moline Apr 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Prospect dropped its opening match of tournament play in Moline, in penalty kicks to Prairie School, on Friday. But the Knights rebounded with two decisive wins on Saturday to take third place in the tournament.
Local schools fare well in U.S. News rankings Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Twelve Northwest suburban public high schools are ranked by U.S. News & World Report in its annual list of best high schools. Top among them is Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, at 6th in Illinois and 33rd in the nation.
Kaufman powers Fremd past Elk Grove Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
There's a nice connection for Kayla Kaufman.The Fremd junior wears jersey No. 8 and she also hits No. 8 in the batting order.Kaufman also connected as well as anyone with her bat on Friday in a Mid-Suburban league crossover softball contest with visiting Elk Grove.The right fielder belted a grand slam in the first inning and finished the game with a 2-run homer in the bottom of the sixth to give the Vikings a 12-1 victory by the 10-run rule over the defending MSL East champs.
Conant edges Buffalo Grove for MSL title Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Conant edge Buffalo Grove to take top honors in the Mid-Suburban League boys gymnastics meet Friday, and Hersey, behind a courageous effort from David Jackowski, placed third.
Elk Grove anglers qualify for state tourney Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
The water temps were still a little low for bass fishing earlier this week but Elk Grove finished on a high as it led three teams at the Busse Woods Reservoir sectional on Monday. In the Elk Grove boat were state qualifiers John Hornsberger (junior), Dominic Culbertson (sophomore) and Austin Beaupre (junior). John Hornsberger Sr. was driver of the boat for the Grens.
Fremd passes up Schaumburg Apr 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Senior Mandi Matsumoto led off with a base hit in the bottom of the first inning and eventually scored on passed ball. That proved to be the only run Fremd's softball team would need as Ashlynne Schwantz (6 innings) and Joanna Josten (1 inning) combined for a 7-0 shutout over visiting Schaumburg (10-2, 4-1) on Thursday.
Powerful Palatine perseveres Apr 25, 2013 12:00 AM
The hits just keep on coming for the Palatine boys volleyball team. Led by a smooth combination of blocking, defense and yes, superior hitting, the Pirates improved to 6-1 in the Mid-Suburban West on Thursday with a 25-15, 25-19 win over Hoffman Estates.
Meadows, Elk Grove tied for MSL East lead Apr 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Eight of host Rolling Meadows’ 10 hits went for extra bases as the Mustangs handled Hersey 14-4 in 5 innings Thursday in Mid-Suburban East baseball.
Camardo in command as BG wins third straight Apr 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Sophomore Julia Camardo got a win, a save and went 3-for-4 at the plate with a double to help lift Buffalo Grove's softball team to its third straight win in the Mid-Suburban East on Wednesday. The first-place Bison (8-5, 3-2) collected 15 hits as Camardo (6-3) started the game, was replaced by a reliever, and came back to strike out the final batter in the bottom of the seventh as Meadows threatened. Camardo finished with 13 strikeouts.
- Elgin event asks: Who Is My Muslim Neighbor?
- Tornado, severe thunderstorm watches in effect
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- Traffic crackdowns in many Northwest suburbs
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Team leader Noah should only improve
- Same-sex marriage too hot for clergy?
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
- INVENTORY ANALYST - AccuVal is seeking a full time inventory analyst for our Schaumburg office. Learn more and apply online: www.accuval.net (id:4339579) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) OFFICE MANAGER - Office -Small business in South Elgin seeking a reliable part time Office Manager to perform bookkeeping functions and general office duties. QuickBooks and Excel experience REQUIRED. The candidate must be able to work independently, multitask, deal with customers and accept challenges. Please submit your resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com (id:4340163)
- COURIER DRIVER/USE YOUR OWN VEHICLE - Need drivers license and insurance. Use your vehicle throughout the Chicagoland, North City, West Suburbs. 24-7 flexible hours 1550 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Itasca, IL (id:4339146) CONSTRUCTION - Construction -cement finisher/framer, min. 10 yrs. exp., Call 847-879-1391 (id:4339283) JANITORIAL SUPERVISOR - Elgin Academy, a PS-12 school founded in 1839, is accepting applications for a Janitorial Supervisor. The school has 425 students and 9 buildings totaling 100,000 sq. feet. Strong candidates will have exp cleaning multiple buildings and demonstrated leadership skills. Position FT and includes benefits. Salary commensurate with exp. Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all. Candidates should send cover letter and resume electronically to: Gerald O'Keeffe, Director of Finance and Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4339066)
- PHONE WORK - Telephone Work from your W / NW suburban home for AMVETS 6-8 flex hrs per wk good pay . Call Linda at 847-251-8374 Mon-Fri 9am between Noon (id:4340093) AUTO SALES - sales Job Fair Auto Sales Start Your New Career! No Experience Needed! We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men and women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for individuals with no previous experience selling automobiles to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement opportunities to manage- ment A positive, family oriented work environment! A big advertiser with ex- cellent floor traffic, inven tory and a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, May 20 -Noon to 4pm Tuesday, May 21 -10am to 4pm Interviews held at: ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N. Plum Grove Rd. (On Plum Grove just North of Golf Rd.) Schaumburg, IL 60173 No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 Please dress professionally for your interview! (id:4339972) EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - Employer Information: Professional membership association located in the northwestern suburbs with over 1200 members in the United States and Canada providing advanced continuing education services. Job Description: Professional membership association is seeking a resourceful, efficient, detail oriented, positive individual to join our staff as Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our operations and to the Executive Director (ED). This position involves a wide range of responsibilities including: drafting agenda and minutes for leadership and committee meetings; assembling leadership meeting materials and distribution to leadership; assists in proofing of all printed materials and correspondence of the ED; prepare and mail all leadership meeting materials; set up logistics for leadership meetings; general office management; provides support on special projects and general support to the ED; provide customer service to a variety of members and vendors; and general assistance in support of the association's operations and to the Executive Director. Candidate must be able and willing to do limited travel. The position reports directly to the Executive Director of the association. No calls or walk-ins. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at a minimum four years of solid administrative work and a two-year accredited Associate's degree or equivalent applicable employment experience; possess solid decision making and problem solving skills; ability to maintain confidentiality in matters as appropriate; excellent communications skills both written and verbal; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; ability to work independently; be highly proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Power Point and possess the ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision. Some travel is required. Candidate must be able to comfortably lift and carry 25 pounds. The position is also expected to work doing a variety of other office associated jobs as necessary. (id:4337757)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com