Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elk Grove High School
Sigmund chosen to lead Elk Grove football program Feb 20, 2015 3:54 PM
Elk Grove has named John Sigmund as the school’s new football head coach. Sigmund has spent the last 11 seasons at Glenbard West, including the last eight as offensive coordinator as the Hilltoppers were a postseason regular. Glenbard West has qualified for the playoff eight straight years and has appeared in two championship games in that span, winning a Class 7A state title in 2012 and finishing runner-up in 2009. Sigmund, a Pennsylvania native, played tight end collegiately at Wisconsin. He will teach Physical Education at Elk Grove in addition to leading the football program. “Mr. Sigmund has earned enormous praise as a phenomenal educator and an outstanding influence on young people,” Elk Grove Principal Paul Kelly said. “I cannot wait to work with him as he leads our student-athletes on the field and in the classroom.”
Boys swimming: Sectional scouting, Northwest Feb 19, 2015 3:32 PM
Here's what to expect from Saturday's boys swimming and diving sectional meets, from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator and Maine West.
Wheeling overcomes 35 from Maine West’s Acevedo Feb 18, 2015 12:22 AM
Wheeling junior forward Dylan Draka scored 21 points and teammate Jalen Dennis had 14, including a floater in the lane as time ran out to send Tuesday’s nonconference boys basketball matchup against visiting Wheeling into overtime. The Wildcats took control in the extra session, outscoring the Warriors 15-8 in an 84-77 victory.
Engelbreit, Conant measure up against Elk Grove Feb 17, 2015 9:49 PM
One statistic by Conant’s Dani Engelbreit symbolized the character of this year’s Cougars girls basketball team. Engelbreit had a team-high 6 rebounds in the Cougars’ 56-34 win over Elk Grove in the semifinal of the Class 4A Addison Trail regional. The 6 rebounds may not seem all that significant until you realize Engelbreit was one of the smallest players on the floor as a 5-foot-4 senior guard.
Elk Grove posts a victory over Addison Trail Feb 16, 2015 11:45 PM
Addison Trail girls basketball coach Rob Schrader was quick to determine why Elk Grove moved on Tuesday’s semifinals of the Class 4A Addison Trail regional. “They (Elk Grove) had two good size post players, and if you can’t deny them the entry passes you are going to have a tough time,” he said. Sure enough, Grenadiers senior posts O’Rayn Macavoy and Amber Lindfors made the most of their time inside. Macavoy collected a game-high 20 points with 12 rebounds while Lindfors added 9 points with 16 rebounds to help the No. 16 seeded Grens post a 49-28 victory over the No. 20 Blazers (4-25) in Addison on Monday night.
Goranson can grin after successful softball rehab Feb 16, 2015 3:18 PM
Dani Goranson is back. And that brought the tears to smiles. Through a 21-month period where she did not throw in a game for Michigan State, the former Elk Grove softball great wasn’t sure if she would ever throw again. “I really didn’t think I would,” said Goranson, who was one of the most dominating pitchers the Mid-Suburban League has seen. “There were so many nights I would call my dad and cry and we’d reminisce about all the great times on the mound because I thought I’d never play again. But with tremendous support from her parents (Jim and Wendy), her boyfriend Dylan Edwards and Michigan State trainer Salina Halliday, Goranson kept at her rehab even through difficult struggles. It finally paid off when she returned to the mound for the first time last week. The right-hander went the final three innings of a 6-0 shutout over Moorehead State in the Stetson Tournament in DeLand, Fla.
Lindfors, Elk Grove handle Plainfield South Feb 14, 2015 1:00 AM
Elk Grove finished its girls basketball regular season with a 52-36 nonconference win at Plainfield South on Friday night. The Grenadiers, who held the home team to 14 points in the second half, were led on offense by Southeast Missouri State recruit Amber Lindfors. The 6-foot-4 senior center scored a game-high 18 points, converting 7 field goals and 4-of-4 free throws.
Haas’ big 3 helps Hersey win at Maine West Feb 15, 2015 12:27 AM
Less than 24 hours after clinching a berth in the Mid-Suburban League boys basketball championship game, Hersey was back on the road Saturday. And it was a winning path again as they traveled to Des Plaines to win the nonconference matchup 47-46 over Maine West. Payton Haas hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to boost the Huskies (16-8) into the lead. He finished with a team-high 17 points.
Gold-medal efforts at Barrington Feb 14, 2015 9:00 PM
The wide array of sports being contested at Barrington High School on Saturday almost gave the campus the feel you’d find at a Olympic-style winter sports festival. Wrestling over here, basketball over there — and down this hallway, the Mid-Suburban League boys swimming and diving championships. And in the pool, the host Broncos ended up celebrating a successful defense of their MSL team title, emerging on top in a finish that was much more tightly grouped than usual. Barrington won with 233 points, followed closely by Fremd (218). Rolling Meadows (183) turned in its highest-ever finish in third place, with Palatine (169) taking a big jump up as well to fourth.
Beyak, Mack pace Prospect’s victory Feb 14, 2015 12:47 AM
Prospect senior Kyle Beyak shot 8-for-10 from 2-point range and 2-for-5 from beyond the arc on his way to a game-high 26 points as the visiting Knights topped Wheeling 75-58 on Friday in Mid-Suburban East boys basketball. Sophomore guard Frankie Mack shot 5-for-6 from 3-point range and finished with 20 points and a team-best 9 rebounds for the Knights (11-10, 5-4).
Boys swimming and diving / Scouting the Mid-Suburban League meet Feb 13, 2015 8:19 PM
Here's a look ahead to the Mid-Suburban League boys swimming and diving championships, where host Barrington hopes to defend its title. Diving will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, with swimming scheduled to start at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Kuzmanic (35 points) excels in home finale victory Feb 11, 2015 12:27 AM
Playing her final home game of a standout four-year girls basketball career at Wheeling High School, Deanna Kuzmanic put up one of the finest performances. The Alabama-Birmingham recruit scored a season-high 35 points with 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals as the Wildcats raced past visiting Barrington 56-30 in the Mid-Suburban League crossover on Tuesday night. “It was quite a game,” said Wheeling coach Matt Weber who has had quite a first season directing the Wildcats to 20 wins. “It was the best individual performance I’ve seen this year and last year as an assistant.”
Pro-actively, Calhoun is in at Mundelein Feb 10, 2015 10:07 PM
Larry Calhoun is not promising championships, nor Mike Singletary. “We’re in negotiations,” Calhoun joked after being introduced by the Mundelein District 120 board of education Tuesday night as Mundelein’s new football coach. For Calhoun, discovering a linebacker that has the piercing eyes or plays with the warrior mentality that Singletary did will probably suffice, for starters. Calhoun, 52, comes to Mundelein after serving as Elk Grove’s coach the last three years. His son, Cooper, is married to Singletary’s daughter Kristen. Cooper and Kristen have a young daughter, and that’s the reason Calhoun and his wife made the move to Illinois’ northwest suburbs from Texas three years ago.
Lewis projects Elk Grove’s Post as top-of-the-order plus Feb 9, 2015 3:28 PM
Heading into this spring’s baseball season, Elk Grove’s Brandon Post is flying high. He has already signed a national letter of intent to play for the Lewis Flyers baseball program along with six other recruits who will join him in Romeoville for the 2015-16 school year. “All seven of these signees come from winning programs and have played a high level of competition which should translate well to competing in the Great Lakes Valley Conference,” said Flyers coach Tim McDonough. “I feel all the young men have a chance to be consistent regulars for us and all-conference type performers. Coach (Mike) Vucsko and coach (Jon) Drahos did a great job with the evaluation and recruitment of this group.”
Centennial wins for Wheeling, Rolling Meadows Feb 7, 2015 11:56 PM
Playing on the big stage at the Robert Morris University campus in Arlington Heights, Wheeling got some big free throws by senior Hailey Dammeier and was able to seal a 55-52 win over Buffalo Grove on Saturday.The game was part of District 214’s Centennial Classic at the Forest View Education Center in Arlington Heights where all three Mid-Suburban East girls and boys games were played in succession.
Standout efforts from Stevenson, Barrington’s Tenyer Feb 7, 2015 7:51 PM
Stevenson senior Sam Szura, a competitor since her freshman season, called her four seasons of participation in varsity girls bowling “a real trip.” “We started at the bottom and worked our way up, that’s for sure,” said Szura. “That’s why I’m so ecstatic right now. I’m crying.” The tears that Szura and her teammates were shedding Saturday were tears of joy as the Patriots surprised by winning the Palatine Regional at Brunswick Zone in Deer Park. “We expected to advance,” said Szura, “but we never expected to win the regional. I was nervous all day — I’m kind of a worry-wart — but in the end we were able to pull through, and I’m thrilled that we did.” Stevenson’s pinfall of 5,515 was a whopping 120 pins better than second-place Hoffman Estates (5,358), and both teams will advance to Saturday’s sectional tourney hosted by Rolling Meadows. Schaumburg (5,308) and Lake Zurich (5,288) will also move on to the sectional meet to be held at Brunswick in Mount Prospect, while the magical season of Barrington sophomore Sarah Tenyer continued in earnest. Just a week after winning Mid-Suburban League honors, Tenyer won medalist bragging rights at Deer Park with a 6-game total of 1,302 pins, including games of 246 and 235.
Ingebritsen ignites an Elk Grove win Feb 7, 2015 11:21 PM
Tyler Ingebrigtsen erupted for 14 of his game-high 21 points in the fourth quarter to spark Elk Grove to a 57-43 Mid-Suburban East boys basketball victory Saturday in the final game of the Centennial Classic sponsored by District 214 at the Forest View Educational Center. The day of basketball helped celebrate District 214’s 100th anniversary, and the Grens’ win gave Anthony Furman his 100th coaching victory at Elk Grove. The victory allows Elk Grove (15-5, 6-2) to remain 1 game behind East leader Hersey with 2 games remaining.
Field set for state cheerleading finals Feb 6, 2015 10:00 PM
Thirteen high school cheerleading squads from the Daily Herald coverage area have made it to the Saturday’s IHSA state finals at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
Messer eager for a return engagement at Forest View Feb 5, 2015 4:07 PM
Hersey boys basketball coach Steve Messer has fond memories of the last time he was on the court at the old Forest View High School in 1985. Messer was senior at Hersey then. His Huskies had defeated Prospect in the sectional final in what was to be the last high school basketball game ever played at Forest View. The school closed later that year. “It all got started there,” Messer said. “Forest View was a great place to play and it was always the place they held the sectionals.” It will be the place again this Saturday, when District 214 wraps up the celebration of its Centennial with a full day high school basketball. All six schools in Dist. 214 will compete Saturday, with both the varisty girls and boys teams playing, with games beginning at 10:30 a.m. and the final game tipping off at 7:15 p.m.
Milestone and clincher for Gorecki, Fremd Feb 4, 2015 12:37 AM
Haley Gorecki scored 15 points and became only the second player in Fremd girls basketball history to reach 2,000 points on Tuesday night when the state-ranked Vikings rolled past visiting Hoffman Estates 74-30. The Vikings also clinched their sixth straight Mid-Suburban League title under coach Dave Yates. They will play for the MSL crown a week from Wednesday at either Prospect or Hersey. Gorecki’s 2000th point came on a layup late in the second quarter.
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Muslim parents: Our kids are not terrorists
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Police: Indiana man killed in murder plot pleaded with wife
- Girls soccer scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- House OKs budget fix that covers day care, court reporters
- St. Charles North strikes fast, beats Geneva
- BANQUET SERVERS / BARTENDERS - Waitstaff exp'd needed for premier Banquet facility in Palatine. Wkend hrs. Only energtic, dependable people apply. Compensation depends on exp. For appt. call 847-934-5500. (id:4401825) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401632) LABORER & CDL DRIVER - Joe Meyer Tree Service Inc. of Spring Grove, IL is now hiring experienced help. The positions include competive wages, health insurance & retirement package. CDL is a plus. Providing quality tree care for 51 years. Email: email@example.com or call 847-587-0593 (id:4401689)
- PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401851)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.