Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elgin Township
State can’t afford free college tuition Jan 15, 2015 12:01 AM
An Elgin Township letter to the editor: I find it somewhat frustrating to read of another spending proposal for Illinois lawmakers to ponder. Finding a way to fund free community college tuition should not be on their priority list.
Top Elgin headlines 50, 75 and 100 years ago Nov 6, 2014 6:24 PM
Jerry Turnquist looks at the history of Elgin -- through newspaper headlines from 50, 75 and 100 years ago.
The sandhill crane: A restoraton success story Sep 13, 2014 7:49 AM
It's a restoraton success story. Just 10 years ago, the sandhill crane was a rare sight in Kane County. But wetland restoration efforts have been a boon to this big bird, and sandhills are now a common sight throughout northern Illinois.
Township officials host residents, visiting agencies Sep 4, 2014 5:01 PM
An open house for residents is scheduled Saturday at Elgin Township offices on McLean Boulevard.
The summer of 1914: Top news stories in Elgin Aug 21, 2014 4:10 PM
What do gumball machines, saloons, race cars and doctors have in common? They were all among the top news stories in Elgin 100 years ago. Here's a look at the top headlines in the summer of 1914.
Little Angels residents benefit from annual Pledge Run May 5, 2014 1:55 PM
As their engines rev and the heroes take off on their motorcycles, the children they are raising money for will be standing on route cheering them on this month. And seeing those faces, hearing those cheers, helps drive the hundreds upon hundreds of motorcycle riders who participate in the annual Little Angels Pledge Run each year.
Learn about alpacas at Waldron farm open house Apr 29, 2014 2:54 PM
If you’ve never seen an alpaca up close, here is your chance. Waldron Grove Alpaca Farm will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, May 3-4, at the farm, 39W856 McDonald Road, Elgin.
Fox Valley police reports Oct 23, 2013 3:49 PM
About $5,000 damage was caused to crops and a drainage system after someone drove deliberately and recklessly in a field off Rohrsen Road, west of Turner Road, near Hampshire, according to a sheriff’s report. The damage was reported Monday.
Fox Valley police reports Oct 22, 2013 6:03 PM
A wedding ring set, watch and bracelet -- worth a combined $15,700 -- were stolen between Sept. 11 and Oct. 16 from a home on the 38W300 block of Hendricksen Road near St. Charles, according to a sheriff’s report.
Fox Valley police reports Oct 21, 2013 6:45 PM
Michael D. Szewczyk, 41, of Hampshire, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while license suspended and failure to signal after a traffic stop at 7:50 p.m. Saturday at French Road and Route 72 near Hampshire, according to a sheriff’s report.
Fox Valley police reports Oct 7, 2013 6:48 PM
An estimated $3,100 was caused by ATV riders in a soybean field near Jackson Drive and Linda Lane near Elgin sometimes Sept. 30, according to a sheriff’s report. The damage was reported Friday
Decision looms on senior buses in Grafton, Rutland townships Oct 6, 2013 6:51 AM
Rutland Township leaders never had to shuttle their senior and disabled residents around, because Grafton Township always did it for them — for free. But now Grafton officials they can't afford this, leaving Rutland officials to decide whether to pony up or find another program.
Fox Valley police reports Aug 12, 2013 5:57 PM
Weston P. Tillman, 20, of Elgin, was charged with burglary to motor vehicles Aug. 2, according to a sheriff’s report. He is accused of stealing two purses and a coin purse out of two unlocked vehicles in the 14N400 block of Oliver Drive near Elgin.
Elgin man, Buffalo Grove woman killed in motorcycle crash Jul 18, 2013 3:01 PM
A 32-year-old Elgin man and a 23-year-old woman from Buffalo Grove, riding together on a motorcycle, were killed Monday when the bike slammed into the back of a semitrailer truck on Interstate 80 near Southwest suburban Mokena, an Illinois State Police official said Thursday. Todd William Tracy-Zarebski, of Elgin, and Eve Kolgovaite, of Buffalo Grove, were pronounced dead at the scene by officials from the Will County Coroner's Office, said state police spokeswoman DeAnne Falat.
Fox Valley police reports Jul 16, 2013 5:16 PM
A resident of the 35W600 block of Tollgate Road near West Dundee reported July 10 that a $180 check he wrote for an in-home nurse had been altered and cashed for $480, according to a sheriff’s report.
Fox Valley police reports Jul 15, 2013 6:02 PM
Jordan N. Copack, 19, of Crystal Lake, was charged with battery at 11:53 p.m. July 6 at Blackjack’s, 7N657 Route 25 near Elgin, according to a sheriff’s report. Copack, a dancer at the gentleman’s club, was suspected of being drunk while working and is accused of hitting and kicking an employee who asked her to leave.
Fox Valley police reports Jul 9, 2013 4:32 PM
Brian G. Doscher, 26, of the 9900 block of Stacy Lane, Union, was charged Monday with attempted unlawful acquisition of a controlled substance, according to a police report. Doscher attempted to acquire the prescription drug Norco at the pharmacy on the first floor of Advocate Sherman Hospital, 1435 N. Randall Road. Police said he gave a false name to the doctor. Elgin police were called after Doscher couldn’t provide identification. His bail was set at $3,000, and he has a Thursday court date.
Fox Valley police reports Jun 27, 2013 4:26 PM
An unauthorized ATM withdrawal of $300 and six unauthorized charges totaling $110 were reported June 19 from a resident on the 9N800 block of Crawford Road near Elgin, according to a sheriff’s report.
Tri-Cities police reports Jun 27, 2013 4:22 PM
A 18-speed girls mountain bike and a boys BMX bike, worth a combined $200, were stolen between 11 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday from a driveway on the 6N400 block of Geneva Avenue near St. Charles, according to a sheriff’s report.
One dead in Elgin Twp. crash near Rt. 20 and Plank Road May 15, 2013 7:03 PM
A 21-year-old Sycamore woman was killed Wednesday afternoon when her motorcycle struck a semitrailer at Route 20 and Plank Road in Elgin Township, the Kane County Sheriff's Office said.
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Muslim parents: Our kids are not terrorists
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Police: Indiana man killed in murder plot pleaded with wife
- Girls soccer scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- House OKs budget fix that covers day care, court reporters
- St. Charles North strikes fast, beats Geneva
- DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401851) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks SAP BW Lead in Lake Forest, IL. Analyze biz info (Finance, Supply Chain, Adv Planner, Sales & Distrib) & other sys landscape needs to implement & improve Biz Intelligence. Analyze & design solutions based on user reqs, procedures, & improve existing sys & review sys capabilities, ops, workflow, & sched limis. MS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 2 yrs work expe in app development OR BS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 5 yrs exp in app development w/ SAP BW Development, Modeling, & Reporting. Must have exp. w/: SAP ABAP development; training Power Users in SAP Tools & Tech; SAP Business Warehouse, Financials, Sales & Distrib, Adv Planner & Optimizer, Supply Chain, & HR improving, optimizing, & stabilizing environments; participating in implementation & rollout of apps to Manufacturing Plants; creating biz process design specifications, configuring interfaces, writing programming specs, configuring SAP, performing testing, providing end user training & creating biz process docs; & planning SAP program-wide app build, test, deploy, & post go-live activities. Interested applicants: send resume to: email@example.com reference: REQ#: IL0016 EOE (id:4400708) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: email@example.com. (id:4401929) LANDSCAPING - Landscaping $12/ hour (847) 776-2400 en Palatine Necessita experienca (id:4401864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.