Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elgin High School
ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award Oct 30, 2014 9:07 PM
There’s that adage that when one door closes, another opens. In the case of retired Elgin High School Principal Larry Nemmers, one huge door got shut in his face and two even bigger life-changing doors opened for him. Nemmers, an Iowa native who starred as a running back and safety at Upper Iowa University, tried out for the Chicago Bears in 1965. “I got cut,” said Nemmers, a three-sport athlete for a time at Upper Iowa who was named little-All-America in football there. “I had to find a job.”
South Elgin, Elgin fall in volleyball regional Oct 28, 2014 10:46 PM
Maine South and Maine East will renew their longtime rivalry on Thursday when they square off in the championship game at the Class 4A Elk Grove girls volleyball regional. The Hawks and the Blue Demons advanced with semifinal wins on Tuesday. Maine South fought off a scrappy Elgin squad for a 25-21, 25-15 win while Maine East, which is seeded third in its own sectional, was taken to the limit by 14th-seeded South Elgin before prevailing 25-22, 20-25, 25-15.
Girls volleyball: South Elgin, Elgin earn wins at Elk Grove regional Oct 27, 2014 11:10 PM
Timing is everything when it comes to the playoffs. On Monday night Elgin High and South Elgin picked the ideal time to clean up their acts. Both limited their errors and survived to play another day with wins in the first round at the Class 4A Elk Grove girls volleyball regional. The Storm bounced back from an ugly regular-season finale loss to Larkin with a 25-13, 25-15 with over host Elk Grove while the Maroons snapped a 10-game losing streak with a 25-21, 25-15 win over Streamwood. South Elgin advances to play Maine East on Tuesday and Elgin will square off with Maine South.
Huntley’s Smith wins regional title Oct 25, 2014 7:41 PM
Huntley junior Keagan Smith beat the field on Saturday, winning the individual championship at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford boys cross country regional. Smith ran the course in a time of 15:03.22, almost 33 seconds better than Hononegah’s Jared Christiansen.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen a regional champ Oct 25, 2014 6:46 PM
Lauren Van Vlierbergen, Gabby Juarez and Kelly Meehleib took the first steps toward Detweiller Park in Peoria on Saturday in convincing fashion. Van Vlierbergen, the Jacobs senior who finished fourth in the Class 3A state girls cross country meet last season, won the Class 3A Palatine regional Saturday while Juarez, Streamwood’s senior speedster who was 49th at state in 2013, was the individual champion at the Class 3A Glenbard North regional. Meehleib, a Huntley senior who did not qualify for state last year, was the champion at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford regional, also leading her team to the title.
St. Charles North wraps up Elgin Oct 25, 2014 12:23 AM
The regular season is now over for St. Charles North and there will be no practice on Saturday. However, unlike the last 4 years it’s not because the North Stars are done playing, but instead it’s because coach Robert Pomazak wants his team to enjoy a day off before getting ready for its first playoff appearance since 2009. The North Stars (7-2, 5-2) put the finishing touches on a stellar season Friday night with a 41-12 Upstate Eight River Division win at Elgin (1-8, 1-6).
Fox Valley area teams gear up for volleyball postseason Oct 24, 2014 3:09 PM
The Road to Redbird opens for business Monday night as girls volleyball teams in all four classes around the state embark on the postseason. In the Fox Valley area, several interesting scenarios could develop as teams vie for a spot in the IHSA Final Four at Redbird Arena in Normal the weekend of Nov. 14-15.
Scouting Week 9 in the Fox Valley Oct 24, 2014 3:12 PM
Scouting Week 9 football games in the Fox Valley
South Elgin’s Derowski still alive at state Oct 23, 2014 10:41 PM
South Elgin sophomore Lisa Derowski is the only remaining Fox Valley area player in the state girls tennis tournament, which is being played at several venues throughout the Northwest suburbs.
Harvest Christian stops Elgin in 3 Oct 23, 2014 11:08 PM
Harvest Christian saved the best for last on Thursday night in its final tuneup of the regular season before beginning its quest for a fourth straight regional title next week. After splitting the first 2 games against visiting Elgin the Lions woke from their slumber and dominated game 3 to complete a 25-20, 20-25, 25-7 nonconference win on senior night.
Football: Week 8 MVPs Oct 23, 2014 12:17 AM
Waubonsie Valley senior quarterback Zach Bennema and Batavia senior defensive end Josh Leonhard have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their performances in Week 8 of the high school football season. Bennema was prolific both as a passer and ball-carrier in Waubonsie Valley’s 25-28 victory over Neuqua Valley, while Leonhard intercepted a pass and returned it 45 yards for a touchdown along with providing great all-around play in the Bulldogs’ 26-20 decision over Geneva.
Larkin, Streamwood will battle for regional soccer title Oct 22, 2014 10:46 PM
Somehow, someway, Larkin defender Inno Simental had 5 assists alone on throw-ins heading into postseason play. And somehow, someway, Moises Raya managed his only goal of the season on a header off a throw-in. The boys soccer postseason calls for some unconventional ways of winning sometimes as both No. 2 seed Dundee-Crown and No. 3 Larkin would know very well in consecutive years, but the fact that Simental assisted twice on goals off throw-ins and Raya headed in the game-winning with 6:36 remaining of a 2-1 Royals win in a Class 3A Streamwood semifinal matchup Wednesday will definitely add to the tale that ties D-C and Larkin together in postseason action.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Saturday, Oct. 18 Oct 18, 2014 11:00 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Saturday, Oct. 18
South Elgin wins Schaumburg tennis sectional Oct 18, 2014 9:54 PM
The South Elgin girls tennis team won the program’s first sectional championship Saturday, scoring 26 points to take top honors at Schaumburg.
Elgin blanks South Elgin to move on in soccer regional Oct 18, 2014 8:21 PM
Entering halftime of the Class 3A Streamwood regional play-in game in a scoreless tie, Elgin boys soccer coach David Borg told his team it just takes one goal to move on to play top-seeded Streamwood on Wednesday. The No. 4 Maroons got that one goal from Joel Chavez and added some insurance from Ulisses Dominguez to earn a 2-0 victory at Memorial Field on Saturday ending the season of No. 5 South Elgin. The Storm (7-7-2) ended Elgin’s (8-10-2) season last year in the same regional quarterfinal.
Top 5 prep football games you don't want to miss tonight Oct 17, 2014 3:58 PM
High school football week 8 brings some great matchups to the field all across the suburbs. Elgin and Larkin play for the Town Jug, and undefeated Batavia takes on Geneva, who only has one loss. Get all the details here.
Images: Elgin vs. Larkin football Oct 17, 2014 11:11 PM
Elgin was victorious over rival Larkin 31-13 for the Town Jug in football action on Friday, October 17 in Elgin.
Elgin’s long wait for a win is over Oct 18, 2014 2:17 AM
Elgin already led rival Larkin by 19 points late in the second quarter when the Maroons went for the Town Jug-ular. With 6-foot-2 senior Jordan Smith lined up in single coverage with 1:48 left in the first half, junior quarterback Terrance Miller-Allen threw a deep pass down the left sideline. The fleet-footed Smith, two steps beyond his defender, caught the ball above his helmet in stride and raced for a 75-yard touchdown to cap a 25-point second quarter, which propelled the Maroons to a 31-13 victory at Memorial Field on Friday.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 16 Oct 16, 2014 10:43 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 16
Playoffs, Town Jug on the line in U-46 rivalry matchups Oct 16, 2014 10:50 PM
It's football rivalry week in Elgin Area School District U-46, which means it's time to determine on which side of the Fox River the Town Jug will reside for the next year. Before we break down the matchup between Elgin and Larkin, let's first turn our attention to the “other” U-46 rivalry game, the one with playoff implications.
- How does Google Maps find out about traffic delays?
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Deer culling might expand in Kane County
- Calabrese loves his BC Sprint contender's chances
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Northwest suburban educators 'will not stand' for cuts
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.