Activate Your Free
Articles filed under East Leyden High School
Leyden takes tournament title from Willowbrook Dec 28, 2014 1:20 AM
One day of resiliency rolled into two for Leyden’s boys basketball team. Saturday night it allowed the Eagles to hoist the biggest hardware at the Glenbard West Holiday Classic. Capping a comeback from a disappointing pool-play loss four days earlier, Leyden won its second title in three years in Glen Ellyn with a 64-53 victory over West Suburban Gold Conference rival Willowbrook.
Girls basketball / Northwest roundup Dec 27, 2014 12:38 AM
Hersey coach Mary Fendley could not recall in her 16 seasons losing two prominent players to injury (senior captains Annie Korff and Juliette Vainisi) during the same week. First, Vainisi suffered a dislocated elbow at practice and then Korff went out of Friday’s Wheaton North tournament game early in the fourth quarter with an ankle injury ankle. The young Huskies still got the result they were after, a 47-39 victory over Glenbard South.
Doroskin, Blackwell pace a Schaumburg victory Dec 23, 2014 11:59 PM
Schaumburg’s girls basketball team recovered smartly from an opening-round loss in the Wheaton North tournament to defeat Willowbrook 47-30 on Tuesday afternoon. The Saxons held a 1-point lead at the break but gradually pulled away in the second half outscoring the Warriors 29-13. Schaumburg’s defense limited Willowbrook to 1 free throw in the third quarter. Leading the charge for the Saxons were Tatiana Doroskin (18 points, 6 rebounds) and Jada Blackwell (14 points, 7 rebounds).
St. Viator wins a classic, in Blenner’s honor Dec 22, 2014 11:48 PM
Peggy Blenner said her husband Tom would have loved Monday’s girls basketball game that went down to the wire at St. Viator’s Cahill Gymnasium. The St. Viator community showed its love to the late Tom Blenner before the game with a special tribute to the longtime Lions assistant girls basketball coach who died earlier this month. St. Viator athletic director Marty Jennings announced that the Snowflake Classic has been renamed the Tom and Megan Blenner Holiday Invitational. Tom’s daughter Megan, a former St. Viator standout athlete, died this past summer. “We were excited to be able to rename the tournament after Tom and Megan,” said St. Viator girls basketball coach Paul Missavage. “And we were really excited that Tom’s wife and daughters (Kelly and Jamie) were here tonight. That was awesome.” The type of intense game that Peggy said Tom would have loved ended with senior Kayne Stanley’s 2 pressure free throws with 43.3 seconds left proving to be the difference in the Lions’ 44-43 triumph in the first round of the tournament.
Images: St. Viator vs. Leyden, girls basketball Dec 22, 2014 8:49 PM
Photos from the St. Viator vs. Leyden girls tournament basketball game in Arlington Heights Monday night.
Wrestling: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the wrestling teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West, St. Viator and Leyden this season.
Girls gymnastics: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school girls gymnastics teams of the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West and Leyden this season.
Football: Northwest all-area team Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest all-area team, featuring players from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Will helps Prospect repeat at York Nov 27, 2014 1:08 AM
Taylor Will went out in style after competing at the York girls basketball tournament for the past four years. The Prospect senior helped lead the Knights to their second straight tourney championship as they wrapped up 4-0 showing with Wednesday’s 70-45 victory over Wheaton North in Elmhurst. Will’s game-high 29 points moved her into second place (1,323 points) on Prospect’s all-time scoring list behind Colleen Grant (1,352).
Haas has hot hand in Hersey win Nov 24, 2014 11:57 PM
Senior guard Payton Haas led the way to a season-opening win for Hersey. Haas had a team-best 18-points with a pair of 3-pointers as the Huskies topped Glenbrook North 63-60 in tournament play Monday at Niles West.
Fremd rolls past Cary-Grove at Lakes Nov 22, 2014 11:48 PM
Fremd’s girls basketball team continued its run through the Turkey Thriller with a perfect record by defeating Cary-Grove 67-40 at Lakes High School on Saturday afternoon.Duke recruit Haley Gorecki struck for a season -high 25 points, while also collecting 5 steals and with 4 assists.
Leyden wins coach Kuzmanic’s first game Nov 19, 2014 12:24 AM
Stephanie Kuzmanic did a lot of winning as a four-year starting guard at Wheeling High School and Carthage College in Kenosha. So it was quite appropriate her coaching career started with a win as well. Making her debut as Leyden’s girls basketball coach on Tuesday night in Bensenville, Kuzmanic’s Eagles posted a 52-48 victory in overtime over host Fenton.
Girls volleyball: Northwest all-area team Nov 6, 2014 12:24 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest girls volleyball all-area team.
Live video: Leyden vs. Proviso East Oct 24, 2014 9:36 AM
Leyden vs. Proviso East football
Football: Scouting Week 9, Northwest Oct 23, 2014 11:00 PM
Here's a look at Week 9 of the high school football season, from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Boys soccer: Northwest roundup Oct 21, 2014 10:14 PM
Sean King and Zach Masciopinto had goals to help 14th-seeded Buffalo Grove stun North Suburban Conference champion and top Palatine sectional seed Warren 2-1 in the Class 3A boys soccer playoffs Tuesday.
Girls volleyball: Hersey makes Pumpkin finale Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM
If Hersey’s girls volleyball team was looking for momentum heading into Thursday’s Mid-Suburban League championship match, the Huskies found it Saturday in Des Plaines. For the first time in years, they advanced to the title match of the 16-team Maine West Pumpkin Invite. Sandburg won the championship 25-18, 28-26 after Hersey defeated Lyons 25-23, 25-23 in the semifinals. The Huskies also netted a 25-18, 25-23 triumph over Riverside-Brookfield in the quarterfinals and defeated Lockport (25-22 20-25 25-21) and Conant (25-16, 25-8) in Friday’s pool play.
Football: Scouting Week 8, Northwest Oct 17, 2014 1:41 AM
Here's what to expect in Week 8 of the high school football season for team in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Girls basketball: Kuzmanic returns to preps as Leyden’s head coach Oct 15, 2014 3:43 PM
Stephanie Kuzmanic had an outstanding career as a basketball player. Now she hopes to do the same as a coach. This past summer, Kuzmanic was chosen to direct the Leyden girls basketball program. The announcement came only a few months after she finished her collegiate career as the Capital One Academic all-American “Player of the Year” for NCAA Division III women’s basketball. She was a first-team All-America selection with a 4.0 cumulative grade-point average.
Leyden goes on the offensive at Morton Oct 11, 2014 12:43 AM
Maybe Leyden was just conserving offensive firepower through the first six weeks of the season. The floodgates opened in Week 7 for the Eagles, who rolled past Morton 52-20 on Friday in West Suburban Gold play in Berwyn. The performance topped the 47 points Leyden had scored in its first six weeks combined and gave the Eagles their first victory of the season. Leyden (1-6, 1-3) has its home finale next weekend against Willowbrook before a Week 9 game at Proviso East. Morton fell to 2-5 overall and 2-3 in the WSC Gold.
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Images: An Hour in Bloomingdale
- Buffalo Grove village board race pits continuity vs change
- Sweet title for Barrington
- 'Going Clear,' 'Killing Jesus' and the enduring mysteries of faith
- Durbin statements show double standard
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- LANDSCAPE - Landscape company seeks Sales and design person with exp. and 2 people exp. in brick paving. Call for job information. 630-973-8057 (id:4402395) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. (id:4402023) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Full-Time Perform tasks in the operation, maintenance & repair of high-pressure steam, building, mechanical, electrical, & plumbing equipment as well as utility systems, with emphasis on pneumatic & digital controls & refrigeration. See details on posting at: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com (id:4402547) DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.