Activate Your Free
Articles filed under DuPage High School District 88
Images: Team Dance Illinois’ Grand Championship Mar 3, 2014 6:21 PM
Team Dance Illinois' Grand Championship was held Sunday, March 2 at the Peoria Civic Center. The event showcases Illinois’ best dance, pom, drill and guard teams competing throughout the event.
Donald Layne’s contributions to Addison remembered Aug 15, 2013 7:33 PM
From his time as a teacher at Addison Trail High School to his tenure as treasurer with the Addison Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Donald J. Layne made himself available to the community. On Thursday, the Addison community was there for his family. A number of friends, colleagues and former co-workers attended a Thursday memorial service for the longtime educator, who died Sunday at age 83.
Audit: Suburban governments far from transparent Jul 10, 2013 12:20 PM
When it comes to posting certain information on government websites that's readily available to the public, most suburban agencies have a long way to go before they'll be completely transparent, an audit from the Illinois Policy Institute has found. Of the 102 governmental agencies the institute audited, 70 posted scores of 60 points or below, a failing grade. “It's a missed opportunity to really engage the public to participate,” said Brian Costin, the institute's director of government reform.
Addison Trail rallying around ‘honorable’ senior Jun 12, 2013 4:36 PM
For the fourth day, an Addison Trail High School senior who was hit by a car just hours before he was set to graduate remained in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said. Dylan Domek, 19, of Addison, remained Wednesday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he's been since the accident early Sunday in Chicago.
Addison Trail senior still critical after being hit by car Jun 11, 2013 1:17 AM
An Addison Trail High School senior who was unable to attend graduation after he was struck by a vehicle in Chicago remained hospitalized in critical condition Monday. Police said no charges will be filed in the early Sunday accident that left 19-year-old Dylan Domek with severe injuries to his head and legs.
How a retired teacher's pension adds up to $400,000 May 29, 2013 5:27 AM
A provision so obscure it caught several of Illinois' top legislative pension experts by surprise allows survivors of some former public employees to take over their deceased spouses' pensions as well as receive survivor benefits. “It sounds preposterous,” said state Rep. Elaine Nekritz, a Northbrook Democrat. “I don't know how you get that and a survivor's annuity. This is the first I've heard about this.”
Thomas Edmier: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for Thomas Edmier, running for Dupage High School District 88 School Board (4-year Terms
James "Jay" Irvin: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for James "Jay" Irvin, running for Dupage High School District 88 School Board (4-year Terms
Donna Cain: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:38 PM
Candidate information for Donna Cain, running for Dupage High School District 88 School Board (4-year Terms
PIE event raises funds for four different school districts Dec 6, 2012 5:28 PM
The Partnership for Inspired Education (PIE) annual event joins four school district serving nine communities to raise funds for education. More than 400 people attended the group's recent fundraiser in Oakbrook Terrace, which raised close to $13,000. “It was wonderful to see a room filled with people, all of whom were there in support of education,” said Michele Cummins, principal for District 45's Ardmore School.
District 88 superintendent retires after 42 years in education Jul 5, 2012 12:12 PM
DuPage High School District 88 is saying goodbye this summer to Superintendent Steve Humphrey after nearly 12 years. While he helped shepherd the $115 million Building the Future project that dramatically modernized Addison Trail and Willowbrook high schools, officials say he will be most missed for "giving kids every opportunity to succeed."
What school districts spend on taxicab transportation Jun 17, 2012 8:00 AM
Forty-seven school districts in the state, mostly in northern Illinois, have spent nearly $50 million over the past six years on taxi services, with Northwest Suburban High School District 214 topping the list, according to contracts obtained by watchdog group For the Good of Illinois. Officials from various school districts say taxis are sometimes the best way to transport students who have special needs, are homeless or vocational education students.
Bloomingdale homes school boundary swap denied May 1, 2012 9:13 PM
Two subdivisions of 25 homes in Bloomingdale will remain within the school district boundaries of Glenbard High School District 87 and Marquardt Elementary District 15, even though residents there sought to detach their properties and annex into two other nearby school districts.
Addison teen lives up to Harvard vow made at age 5 Apr 26, 2012 4:38 PM
Not only is Addison Trail High School senior Ricky Diaz the first person in his family to go to college, but he's off to Harvard. The son of Mexican immigrants puts his unyielding work ethic into everything he takes on. "My mom and dad have worked so hard to help me and my sister, and it inspires me day in, day out," Ricky said. "I want to push my self as hard as I can to show them the values they've instilled in me mean something."
Judge stops school district swap in Oak Brook Apr 9, 2012 8:40 PM
A DuPage County judge has reversed a decision by the regional school board that would have allowed an Oak Brook neighborhood to switch school districts, officials said Monday. The ruling by Judge Bonnie Wheaton came as welcome news to Salt Creek Elementary District 48 and DuPage High School District 88, who stood to lose about 15 students and a combined $1 million a year in tax revenue.
Addison Trail presents its 40th annual flower show Mar 11, 2012 4:56 AM
Get an early taste of spring at Addison Trail High Schools 40th annual flower show. The event begins at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 13, at the school, 213 N. Lombard Road.
Reform would bring uniformity to sex ed class Feb 20, 2012 7:54 AM
Confused about sex education in our schools? So are some legislators and pro-life groups. House Bill 3027 will not rewrite sex education in the state. Instead, it strengthens existing language, said state Rep. Camille Lilly, a Chicago Democrat and the lead sponsor in the House. Still, some say what's included in those lessons varies widely.
Goodbye bake sales: Schools get creative to rake in dough Jan 30, 2012 12:06 PM
With schools relying more and more on parent organizations and booster groups to raise money for large purchases or special events, we look at some unusual ways groups are fundraising. From world-record attempts to big act concerts, there are ways to rake in the dough without holding a bake sale.
Addison Trail names new assistant principal Dec 23, 2011 10:02 AM
When Steve Humphrey announced he would retire as superintendent of DuPage High School District 88 at the end of this school year, it launched a wave of administrative shifts. This week, those shifts continued the school board unanimously named Doug Wildes as Addison Trail High School's new assistant principal.
District 88 says progress happening despite report cards Nov 16, 2011 10:15 AM
Joining the ranks of many other Illinois school districts, DuPage High School District 88 did not meet state improvement standards this year under the federal No Child Left Behind Act. But district officials say the mandate's methods for tracking achievement do not acknowledge progress at Addison Trail and Willowbrook high schools, where nearly 80 percent of students have improved scores in both math and reading since 2008.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- No Indian mound means apartments get OK in Schaumburg
- Indications point to Maddon, but Cubs mum
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- Palatine artist repairing his horse statue in Chicago
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.