Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Des Plaines Park District
Halloween Hoopla coming to downtown Des Plaines Oct 21, 2014 4:18 PM
The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce, the Des Plaines History Center, the Des Plaines Public Library and the Des Plaines Park District will host the annual Halloween Hoopla on Saturday, Oct. 25.
John Feske Honored with the Park District Dedicated to Excellence Award Oct 13, 2014 7:47 AM
John Feske Honored with the Park District Dedicated to Excellence Award
Women’s health fair Wednesday afternoon in Des Plaines Sep 23, 2014 5:02 PM
Des Plaines’ annual Women’s Health and Fitness Day Celebration is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at the Prairie Lakes Community Center. The event includes free half-hour classes for Zumba toning and gold class, cardio tone, and cycle/yoga. There also will be free blood pressure checks, body fat analyses, flu shots for a nominal fee, and experts who will provide fliers and handouts about health and wellness.
Celebrate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day at Free Event Sep 18, 2014 7:14 AM
Des Plaines Park District and City of Des Plaines host Annual Women's Health and Fitness Day Celebration
Golf in the Dark at Lake Park Sep 11, 2014 9:52 AM
Fundraiser event to benefit the Des Plaines Park District scholarship fund.
Many bands playing at Fall Fest in Des Plaines Sep 9, 2014 2:13 PM
Celebrating its sixth year, Fall Fest, a three-day, family-friendly Des Plaines festival will feature bands including American English, Serendipity and Seventh Heaven, a carnival and lots of other activities from Sept. 12 to 14.
Des Plaines Fall Fest Kicking off Friday September 12 Sep 5, 2014 7:10 AM
Des Plaines 3 Day Fall Fest at Lake Park kicking off on Friday, September 12. Carnival, concerts, food, and loads of kid activities!
Share your souvenirs and postcards at the Des Plaines History Center Aug 22, 2014 9:21 PM
Ever want to share a favorite souvenir with someone? Residents are invited to bring in their mementos, postcards, and travel diaries as well as view the Des Plaines History Center’s items related to travel at its Collectors Evening program from 7-8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, at 781 Pearson St., in Des Plaines.
Artistry in Motion wins top honors at National Dance Competition Aug 14, 2014 7:37 AM
Artistry in Motion, the in-house dance company of the Des Plaines Park District, took home several top honors at the 2014 DanceAmerica National Finals held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Fl., July 3-6.
CHIPS students become a part of Des Plaines History Aug 6, 2014 2:30 PM
Reverend Dr. William G. Grice III donated an original January 1929 edition of “The Centralite” to the Des Plaines History Center on June 5, in honor of the six 2013/2014 CHIPs students and their teacher, who researched historical information about Des Plaines and disseminated the facts in plastic Easter eggs at the 2014 Park District Egg Hunt.
Quilters Group to form at Des Plaines History Center Jul 30, 2014 12:31 PM
Want to sew and stitch with some local quilters? Come to the Des Plaines History Center, 781 Pearson St., from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Aug. 9, to join its new Quilters Group. Participants are welcome to bring their materials and spend some time creating something beautiful.
Officials: Mariano's looking to build in Des Plaines Jul 18, 2014 5:13 AM
The ever-growing Mariano's grocery store chain is looking to open a new location on the northeast corner of Golf and Mount Prospect roads in Des Plaines, officials confirmed Thursday. "We're trying to get some of the fine print ironed out,” said Alderman Mark Walsten, chairman of the city council's community development committee. "I'm not going to say they're going to be breaking ground tomorrow."
Des Plaines Park It! Patrol has two more stops Jul 15, 2014 12:29 PM
On July 9, 100 residents near Willow Park in Des Plaines came for a party in the park. The Park It! Patrol, which has been touring Des Plaines parks this summer, offers beach ball volleyball, badminton, croquet, bocce ball, bags, beanbag lawn darts, catch and more.
Take day trip for ride on mule-pulled boat Jul 7, 2014 9:26 AM
The Des Plaines History Center’s Historic Adventures outing will take participants to LaSalle/Peru for a 90-minute round-trip journey along the Illinois Michigan Canal on a mule-pulled, full-size replica of a canal boat. Residents will meet at the History Center, 781 Pearson St., Des Plaines, at 8 a.m. Saturday, July 12, and carpool to the site, which is about two hours from Des Plaines.
Third Annual Family Campout Under the Stars Jul 1, 2014 7:33 AM
The Des Plaines Park District hosted their Third Annual Family Campout on June 28-29 in Prairie Lakes Park.
Park It! Patrol Visits Apache Park Jun 30, 2014 7:28 AM
Lake Park Memorial Pavilion was transformed into an outdoor movie theatre (without a roof!) on Friday, June 27, as hundreds of minions and their families gathered to watch the 2013 3D computer animated comedy film, Despicable Me 2.
Aloha! The Barefoot Hawaiian Performs Live at the Lake Jun 30, 2014 7:18 AM
On June 26, The Barefoot Hawaiian performed authentic Polynesian dancing and drumming at the Lake Park Memorial Pavilion.
Fairies Gather at a Magical Fairy Fest Jun 25, 2014 7:21 AM
Cumberland Terrace was transformed into an enchanted realm as twenty tiny fairies celebrated the second Fairy Festival of Fun on Saturday, June 21.
Shows, movies coming to Lake Park in Des Plaines Jun 23, 2014 9:31 AM
The Des Plaines Park District’s 2014 Live at the Lake Summer Entertainment Series returns to Lake Park this year, with a five-week lineup of free Thursday evening outdoor music and dance shows. Families are encouraged to come out early to picnic and play in the park.
Des Plaines Park District to hold focus groups Jun 20, 2014 4:39 PM
The Des Plaines Park District is inviting residents, parents, and business and community leaders to participate in one of three focus group sessions this summer to help with strategic and master planning.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- A trip back in time
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Boys cross country: Schaumburg sectional scouting
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.