Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Cross Country
Batavia doubles its fun at state Nov 5, 2014 8:48 PM
Another season of cross country has reached the finish line, and for the second straight year the Batavia programs have made history.
Fox Valley runners poised to make an impact at state Nov 5, 2014 6:43 PM
For Streamwood senior girls’ cross-country standout Gabby Juarez, it was time to play with the big dogs. Juarez adjusted her running strategy a bit this year and the results have been overwhelmingly positive. Juarez recently won a Class 3A sectional individual title and will try to add some more hardware to her collection at Saturday’s state finals race in Peoria at Detweiller Park.
Vernon Hills nabs final state spot Nov 1, 2014 7:43 PM
Yorkville’s girls cross country team started the day off in great fashion, placing its top five runners in the top 22 to win the Class 2A Kaneland sectional with 72 points. Belvidere North finished second with 89 points. Blue Thunder sophomore Jenna Lutzow won the race in a time of 17:12, while Marengo’s Kitty Allen finished second in 17:17. Crystal Lake Central (105), Lake Forest (115), and Vernon Hills (137) rounded out the top five qualifiers for next weekend’s state meet in Peoria.
McHenry’s Reiser edges Conant’s Dale Nov 1, 2014 3:24 PM
The Schaumburg Class 3A boys cross country sectional lived up to its hype, but also offered plenty of surprises. McHenry senior Jessie Reiser edged Conant senior Zach Dale for the individual title, while Hersey, McHenry, Barrington, Lake Zurich and Hoffman Estates earned team advancement to the state meet.
Record effort from Jacobs' Van Vlierbergen Nov 1, 2014 7:33 PM
Jacobs senior Lauren Van Vlierbergen made the most of her first race at Busse Woods in the Class 3A Schaumburg girls cross country sectional, while Palatine continued to dominate from start to finish. Van Vlierbergen battled Palatine junior Kelly O’Brien for over 2 miles before flashing great closing speed in the final 800 meters to run away with the sectional title in a course-record 17:07.
Girls cross country: Saturday’s results Nov 2, 2014 12:02 AM
Here are high school girls cross country results from Saturday, Nov. 1.
Boys cross country: Saturday’s results Nov 2, 2014 12:02 AM
Here are high school boys cross country results from Saturday, Nov. 1.
Harvest Christian boys, girls make state Nov 1, 2014 11:50 PM
Harvest Christian finished fourth at the Class 1A Lisle boys cross country sectional Saturday to qualify as a team for the state meet. The Lions had 168 points. Westmont won with 118, while Montini, Beecher and Peotone also qualified as teams.
Vernon Hills, Grayslake Central headed to state Nov 1, 2014 7:30 PM
Perhaps it was the cold, the wind, or the flat course that led to the fast first mile pace at the Kaneland sectional. Or maybe it was just the strategy of the two senior brothers from Yorkville. Either way, the fast start led to new personal records for some of the runners, or a learning experience for those who couldn’t adjust to the pace.
Girls cross country: Shepard, Lake Zurich advance Nov 1, 2014 5:56 PM
Lake Zurich's girls cross country team earned a spot in the state finals field with a strong performance in the Schaumburg sectional on Saturday. The Bears' successful effort was led by junior Caitlin Shepard in 17th, junior Kristie Houghton in 40th, senior Laura McNair in 41st, and senior Nicole Syverson in 43rd.
Boys cross country: Lake Zurich earns downstate trip Nov 1, 2014 5:50 PM
As is always the case, there was nothing left to chance, and no room for error Saturday morning in the Class 3A Schaumburg boys cross country sectional. When all was said and done, a 20-year old course record was broken and a Lake County area squad would be heading to the state meet for the seventh straight year. Temperatures in the upper 30’s made for a very fast 3-mile race at Busse Woods as McHenry senior Jesse Reiser set the course record in 14:32 to break the 1994 record of Prospect’s Lou Petricca by three seconds. Hersey captured the championship with 92 points to topple McHenry (109 points) in second place. Barrington took third place with 143 pointswhile Lake Zurich made it seven straight trips to Peoria’s Detweiller Park with a fourth-place score of 158 points. Hoffman Estates (170) earned the fifth and final team berth downstate.
Naperville North, Juarez take titles at St. Charles East Nov 1, 2014 4:12 PM
Naperville North didn’t leave much suspense at the Class 3A St. Charles East sectional Saturday morning at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve. By the time Emily Hamilton ran into the chute to take 11th place the Huskies had all five of their top runners in. That totaled up to a mere 32 points, well ahead of runner-up Geneva’s 101.
Huntley’s Smith runs away from field at LeRoy Oakes Nov 1, 2014 3:56 PM
Eight runners broke 15 minutes Saturday morning at the Class 3A St. Charles East sectional at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve. Nobody broke it like Huntley junior Keagan Smith.
Boys cross country: Schaumburg sectional scouting Oct 31, 2014 2:51 PM
Saturday's sectional cross country meet at Busse Woods Forest Preserve features several compelling storylines. Topping the list is the first of two anticipated showdowns between two of the state top individual competitors, Conant's Zach Dale and McHenry's Jesse Reiser.
Girls cross country: Schaumburg sectional scouting Oct 31, 2014 2:50 PM
The Schaumburg girls cross country sectional features plenty of talented competitors, including Jacobs' Laura Van Vlierbergen and Palatine's Kelly O'Brien. The Pirates look like the class of the field as teams aim for state qualifying spots.
Chicago Marathon champion Jeptoo fails doping test Oct 31, 2014 6:07 PM
Leading female marathoner Rita Jeptoo of Kenya failed a doping test a few weeks before winning her second consecutive Chicago Marathon, her agent and national federation said Friday.
Rotolo Middle School girls cross country team takes state championship Oct 30, 2014 8:01 PM
At the start of the Oct. 18 IESA State Cross Country meet for middle school athletes, members of Batavia’s Rotolo Middle School girl’s team knew they had a good chance to do well. But when they wound up taking home a state championship, it was like a dream come true.
Edge to Libertyville in regional victory Oct 25, 2014 6:37 PM
After a close battle at the North Suburban Conference meet last weekend, the stage was set for another close encounter between the host Wildcats and Warren on Saturday afternoon at the Class 3A Libertyville girls cross country regional. True to form, the Wildcats were able to pull out a 42-50 victory over the Blue Devils to win the regional championship for the second straight year on their 3-mile Adler Park course.
Batavia frosh Stephens wins regional Oct 25, 2014 5:07 PM
After winning the Upstate Eight Conference River Division championship last week, Batavia’s girls cross country team notched another impressive accomplishment Saturday at the Class 3A West Chicago regional at Kress Creek Farm. Freshman Emma Stephens covered the course in 18:05 to win the race, beating an impressive field that included Naperville North.
Girls cross country: Lake County roundup Oct 25, 2014 10:45 PM
Girls cross country Antioch regional: At Fox River Park in Wilmot, Wis., Lakes junior Kortney Schardt won the Class 2A race in 19:17, helping the Eagles (59 points) finish second to Lake Forest (31). Lakes’ effort also included the runs of seniors Danielle Griesbaum (fifth, 20:08), Ashley Espinosa (11th, 20:35) and Nicole Towne (20th, 21:42) and junior Sarah Sprague (22nd, 21:44). Third-place Grayslake Central (74) was led by sophomore Megan Girmscheid (sixth, 20:11). The Rams also counted juniors Lura Quandt (seventh, 20:15) and Umaiyal Sridas (16th, 21:31), senior Emma Mitchiner (19th, 21:40) and junior Sara O’Malley (26th, 22:01). Freshman Aileen Hull paced fifth-place Carmel (116). The Corsairs’ other runners included freshman Lauren Laughlin (21st, 21:43), sophomore Maddie Cusack (25th, 21:52), freshman Molly Machala (28th, 22:06) and senior Riley Felicicchia (33rd, 22:26). Antioch (sixth, 162) advanced too, as sophomore Tessa Furlong (13th, 21:09) was the first Sequoit to finish. Freshmen Jessica Lamberty (31st, 22:16) and Allison Morris (34th, 22:32) and juniors Kayla Fahey (41st, 23:15) and Brenda Herman (43rd, 23:25) also helped out Antioch. The advancing individuals included Grayslake North’s duo of sophomore Cindy Alcala (29th, 22:12) and junior Paloma Alcala (39th, 23:10). Palatine regional: At Deer Grove East Forest Preserve, Lake Zurich (79 points) finished second in the Class 3A meet, well behind Palatine (27). Junior Caitlin Shepard was Lake Zurich’s top runner, as she finished seventh (18:20) The Bears’ top five also consisted of freshman Kelly Ledinsky (15th, 18:55), senior Nicole Syverson (18th, 19:03), junior Kristie Houghton (19th, 19:04) and senior Laura McNair (20th, 19:06). Grant (sixth, 130) advanced too, with junior Madison Romig (14th, 18:49) leading the way. Sophomore Rachael Temple (16th, 18:56), senior Kaleigh Bauer (32nd, 19:57), sophomore Lauren Troemel (33rd, 20:01) and freshman Samantha Kaye (35th, 20:06) completed the Bulldogs’ scoring. Woodstock regional: At Emricson Park, Vernon Hills (88) finished third behind Yorkville (28) and Crystal Lake Central (68) in the Class 2A meet. Vernon Hills’ top five consisted of junior Vivian Overbeck (18:51), senior Samantha Hershman (19:51), junior Shannon Skeoch (20:13), freshman Lauren Katz (20:35) and senior Lauren Kim (21:01).
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Strong start for Favio's in Geneva
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- 63-year-old Grayslake woman drops 170 pounds
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Online grocers mushrooming, but bagging profits is difficult
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- She thought she was a savvy doc until she went into labor
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Grant's Bailey has to play it safe
- Cubs legend Ernie Banks dies at 83
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Autistic man from Glendale Heights is missing
- Mexican restaurant opening in Randhurst Village
- YouTube to produce Super Bowl halftime show with online stars
- Ex-trustee: Breuder was offered $2 million buyout in 2009
- Elgin body shop owner charged with rape
- Coroner: Blackhawks staffer Reif committed suicide
- COD gives Breuder $762,000 severance to retire in 2016
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Rozner: Mike Spellman will be dearly missed
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- A good 'Buddy' remembers Mike Spellman
- Over 300 building violations found at DuPage fairgrounds
- Elgin body shop owner charged with rape
- Speed-camera backlash has towns scraping for cash
- ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Village of Skokie Aids in the design & field inspection of civil & traffic engineering projects; (street resurfacing, water main, sewer & sidewalk). Duties include: operation of surveying equipment, preparing reports, researching & maintaining records, measuring quantities and preparing cost estimates, reviews & records traffic crash reports and assists with the sign inventory system. H S diploma req., completion of college course work desirable. 3 yrs exp in sub-professional civil or traffic engineering. Must possess good oral/written communication skills, knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and knowledge of basic drafting and topographic surveying. Salary range $51,753 -$66,086/yr. Apply by 02/13/15 to Village of Skokie -Personnel Office 5127 Oakton St. Skokie, IL 60077 Visit www.skokie.org for additional information and to download an application. Emails/faxes are not accepted. EOE M/F (id:4396519) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) JOB FAIR - HIRING -JOB FAIR!!! CAREGIVERS -FT / PT Date: Thursday, January 22nd Hours: 9:30am-11:30am and: 1:30pm-3:30pm Job Fair Location: Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 Become part of the family, great jobs, great rewards! eoe (id:4395226)
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep -Com-pany in Western suburbs seek-ing energtic person. Primary mfg exp. pref'd. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396130)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email email@example.com (id:4396639) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471) SR. PROJECT MANAGER - Sr. Project Manager Sr Project Mgr: Lead high-priority digital projects for ad agency. Duties: Identify strategies/solutions to meet client needs w/in established constraints; estimate costs/timing for tasks; actively participate in all project activities; manage project financial lifecycle; create/maintain project documentation; communicate/drive acceptance of project deadlines, milestones & dependencies; actively track project status, progress, risks & issues; manage scope change process; communicate roles to team members, vendors & clients. Chicago, IL location. Req's Master's degree in business administration or related field & B.S. in Comp Sci or Electronics Eng. Req's 2 yrs exp as Digital Project Mgr. Exp must incl: a) Managing iOS/Android app development; b) managing projects using SCRUM methodology; c) defining scope, budget & timelines for mobile-based projects & e-Commerce/m-Commerce projects; d) development of project plans, estimates, schedules & resource allocation for digital projects; e) usage of project mgmt tools MS-Project, Jira, Redmine & Basecamp, & f) usage of HTML & CSS. Apply online to Leo Burnett Company, Inc. at www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4396071)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.