Activate Your Free
Articles filed under College of DuPage
Text of COD president’s email Jul 3, 2014 8:14 AM
This is the text of the email College of DuPage President Robert Breuder sent to the board of trustees on May 9 concerning the school’s pursuit of $20 million in state funding from Gov. Pat Quinn’s office.
COD student releases new single Jul 3, 2014 8:28 AM
Singer and College of DuPage student Alexa Lee Torres recently released her new single “Never Forgotten” during a performance at an event sponsored by the From the Barrio Foundation.
COD commits $30 million to new classroom building Jul 2, 2014 5:30 AM
College of DuPage trustees have committed $30 million to build a Teaching and Learning Center to provide more classroom space for students on the Glen Ellyn campus. Preliminary plans call for the center to house a large number of 35-seat general purpose classrooms, a smaller amount of 25-seat general purpose classrooms, two 50-seat general science classrooms, four 25-seat computer classrooms and a computer lab.
COD president defends push for state grant money Jul 2, 2014 5:44 AM
College of DuPage President Robert Breuder is defending himself from charges by a government watchdog group that he's seeking state money for an unplanned building project. “For someone to say this building was fabricated at a moment's notice to be able to justify the $20 million wouldn't be aware of all that had been done before this,” he said.
Email prompts Quinn to withhold $20 million in funding for COD Jul 3, 2014 8:54 AM
The College of DuPage won't receive a $20 million state construction grant now that Gov. Pat Quinn has seen an email detailing President Robert Breuder's strategy to secure the long-promised funding for the Glen Ellyn school. “The tactics used by the president in his email” convinced the governor not to release the $20 million the school hoped to use for a Teaching and Learning Center, a Quinn spokesman said Wednesday.
Caillat, Caliendo part of MAC’s new season Jun 26, 2014 4:33 PM
The McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn is kicking off its first full season after a $35 million renovation with performances by Colbie Caillat, Frank Caliendo and others.
Glen Ellyn District 41 appoints new board member Jun 13, 2014 7:44 PM
A former College of DuPage associate dean, Cathryn Wilkinson, has been named to the Glen Ellyn Elementary District 41 school board to replace Sam Black. Wilkinson was chosen from among 14 applicants interviewed by the board.
COD science instructor releases third mystery novel Jun 10, 2014 8:30 AM
Rick Polad, an Earth science instructor at College of DuPage, recently released his third Spencer Manning mystery novel, “Harbor Nights.” The book is the third in the series, following “Change of Address” and “Dark Alleys.”
COD’s Naperville center getting $4.3 million face-lift May 29, 2014 5:30 AM
The College of DuPage plans to spend roughly $4.3 million to renovate its Naperville Regional Center with an eye toward bolstering its appearance and offering improved resources for students. The center at 1223 Rickert Drive will be closed during the remodeling, officials said, and is scheduled to reopen in time for the spring 2015 term.
COD plays host to fire service ‘Home Day’ May 28, 2014 12:51 PM
College of DuPage will play host to the ninth annual Illinois Fire Service “Home Day” from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 5, in the Homeland Security Education Center on the college’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
Chef Nadia Tilkian makes Glen Ellyn's Waterleaf shimmer May 20, 2014 5:30 AM
Tucked within Glen Ellyn's College of DuPage campus in the gleaming Culinary & Hospitality Center, steps from the student kitchen, is an upscale, approachable gem of a restaurant: Waterleaf. Adding to its appeal — and cred — Nadia Tilkian of erstwhile Maijean Bistro is in the kitchen, overseeing what is, from start to finish, sublime fare. The spot proves an impressive, professionally run find, one with a celebrated wine list to match.
Teaching a passion for top COD instructor May 15, 2014 12:26 PM
Lubna Haque, associate professor of chemistry at the College of DuPage, has been named the Overall Outstanding Faculty Member for 2013-2014. Representing the Health and Sciences Division, Haque will receive a $1,000 award from the College of DuPage Foundation, which annually recognizes outstanding teaching achievement at the college.
COD sends Buffalo Theatre Ensemble packing May 13, 2014 2:56 PM
The curtain has dropped on the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble performing at College of DuPage. School officials have ended COD’s relationship with the professional theater group, which had been in residence at the college’s Glen Ellyn campus since 1987. “After careful review, the college has decided not to bring back the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble,” said Diana Martinez, director of the school’s McAninch Arts Center.
COD professor and student to visit Sri Lanka bringing gifts of art May 6, 2014 12:26 PM
Painting student Evangeline Alagaratnam visited her native Sri Lanka two years ago and found children struggling to go to school in that war-torn country. She helped renovate a dilidated orphanage, which is now an orphanage and school for 30 students. She showed pictures of the students to Jennifer Hereth, her painting instructor at College of DuPage, and Hereth had her students paint portraits of the children.
The Soapbox May 3, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors speak up about the Arlington racetrack's remarkable anniversary and about suburban ties to a possible Loyola NCAA championship, among other topics.
The Soapbox May 16, 2014 5:48 PM
Daily Herald editors this week are tallying texting drivers, musing on "the butterfly effect" and offering kudos to retiring educators who coach and conduct.
COD and forest preserve may partner to save ‘farm’ May 1, 2014 4:20 PM
A small "community farm" that existed for years on the College of DuPage campus could find a new home at a nearby forest preserve. There's no longer any space for the COD Community Education Farm on the college's Glen Ellyn campus. But there is talk of relocating the farm to a roughly 1-acre plot of existing farmland at Danada Forest Preserve in Wheaton.
Gurnee, Oak Brook kids place 2nd, 3rd at state Geographic Bee Apr 4, 2014 10:46 PM
Joshua Smoron, a seventh-grader from Gurnee, took second place at the Illinois Geographic Bee Friday. Of the 100 fifth- through eighth-graders who competed in the bee, more than 30 students were from the suburbs. “It’s just amazing what these kids know, and at such a young age,” said Michael Middleton, Illinois Geographic Bee coordinator.
COD students start petition to support theater group Apr 4, 2014 6:39 AM
Last fall, the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble canceled the rest of its season for the current school year at College of DuPage. Now several students at the Glen Ellyn school say they fear the professional theater group that entertained audiences and influenced aspiring actors for 27 years isn’t coming back. So they’ve started an online petition calling for the ensemble’s return. But COD officials on Thursday insisted no decision has been made to terminate the group’s relationship with the college.
Illinois Geographic Bee participants Apr 4, 2014 6:48 PM
Students from across the suburbs participated in the Illinois State Geographic Bee on Friday at College of DuPage.
- COD trustee bites back at criticism over meals spending
- Palatine HS cross country runner hit by car; driver cited
- Police: Husband found wife, killed her with hatchet
- Barbie under attack after book gaffe, rival doll
- Elgin commander as police chief
- Rauner: State finances are 'stunningly bad'
- Uber's Michael said to retain support amid remarks
- Councilman's work meals cost Elgin $1,600
- Directing 'The Nutcracker' from a hospital bed via Skype
- Kirk says 2016 opponents have 'quite a hill to climb'
- Rozner: Bears' treatment of Lynch makes more sense now
- Palatine HS runner hit by car
- Football: Illinois Football Coaches Association all-state teams
- Police: Husband found wife, killed her with hatchet
- Rolling Meadows men charged in Mt. Prospect drive-by shooting
- Elk Grove finalizes lineup for summer concert series
- 3 suburban school districts recognized at White House
- Ca-CHING: $1.90 in tolls to use future Elgin-O'Hare
- St. Charles tavern to be penalized for 4th violation in '14
- U.S. Rep. Duckworth delivers healthy daughter
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- LEAD ENGINEER - Computer -HERE North America, LLC has a position in Chicago, IL: Lead Engineer: Participate in all stages of software development life cycle; software design & development using Java/J2EE; SQL, object-oriented analysis & design; & other skills/ duties. Mail resume to HERE Recruiter, 2401 N. Glassell, Orange, CA 92865 & note Job ID# HERE-IL4-LEAD (id:4390738) SR. TAX ANALYST-INTERNATIONAL - Sr. Tax Analyst-International Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Tax Analyst-International in Deerfield, IL with the following req: Master's degree in Business Administration or Accounting or Taxation or related field plus 3 years related experience including: prepare U.S. international tax compliance reporting including Forms 5471 (using Onesource), 926 and 1118 and foreign information reporting forms (W-8 and 1042) and Section 338 elections; calculate foreign tax credit, IRC 861 interest expense allocations and stewardship expense allocations, Subpart F amounts and Earning and Profits for foreign entities; utilize MS Excel to prepare APB 23 deferred tax liability, FIN 18 provision (also use Onesource), valuation allowance and NOL calculation for loss entities, FIN 48, calculation on impact of law changes on look-through rules; perform year end APB 23 analysis using MS Excel. Must possess CPA license. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must reference #KS103081. (id:4391504) OFFICE - Office -Contractor in NW sub area seeks Cust. srv rep/dispatcher must be cust focus & have exc. communication skills. Duties incl answering phones, dispatching service technicians, receiving & ordering parts. This is a PT opportunity for the potential of a FT position. Pls fax resume 847-359-5119 (id:4390375)
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL CDL A DRIVERS Local City Runs That Make Money ! -Home Every Day & Weekends! -Comprehensive Benefits w/401K Match! -Strong, Stable and Friendly Company! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before December 15th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc. 317 W Lake Street Northlake, IL 60164 Email: email@example.com Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4391225) AUTO - AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTS WE OFFER AN OUTSTANDING PAY PLAN! This is an opportunity to work for an established and growing company that is on the cutting edge of the modern automotive industry Pre-Own- ed of St. Charles, located in West Chicago is an employee- centered business with unlimited room for advancement! Auto sales is one of most financially rewarding professions available without a lengthy education! Pre-Owned of St. Charles is seeking bright, motivated, driven Sales Professionals to sell new and pre-owned vehicles! RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: -Determine each customer's vehicle needs and wants by asking questions and listening. -Demonstrate vehicles including test drives. -Maintain a prospect development system. -Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. -Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep informed of technological changes in the products. -Bi-lingual a plus!! English/Spanish -Must have valid Drivers License Candidates with previous automotive sales experience are preferred. Great benefits including: -Medical, dental & 401K! -A friendly, comfortable work environment! -A work environment that encourages you to rise to your full potential! -Opportunities to advance within the company! -To be customer service oriented! -To expect more than just a paycheck -No Sundays APPLY IN PERSON AT: PRE-OWNED OF ST. CHARLES 27W261 North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 Ask for Dino (id:4390308) DRIVERS - DRIVERS-Home Weekly Ashley Distribution Services in Bolingbrook, IL seeks: -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch), Earning potential avg. $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -401k -Med/Life/Dental Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4390652)
- JOB FAIR - Janitorial Job Fair on Wed., Nov. 19th from 2pm-7pm at DoubleTree 75 W Alogonquin Rd Arlington Hts Call 708-385-3575 if you cannot attend or apply at www.cardinalmaintenance.com (id:4391438) SHIPPING & RECEIVING - Warehouse-Schaumburg Co. seeks dependable person w/positive attitude to work shipping & receiving, entry level position, apply at 1670 Basswood Rd. E.O.E no phone calls please (id:4391654) BRAND AMBASSADOR - PT MARKETING BRAND AMBASSADOR Award winning remodeler seeks highly motivated appointment setters to explain value of brand to customers. $10 to $30-hr. Performance based. Vacation Contests. Perfect For Students. Paid internships available. 630.627.9200 (id:4390970)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.