Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Chairman
Lauzen delivers for his voters Mar 3, 2012 12:00 AM
Letter to the Editor: In my 20-plus years as a community activist campaign coordinator, Iíve seen that Chris Lauzen has stood for one thing above all others: Representing the constituents who voted him to serve them in office and look after their needs.
Burns, Sarto for Kane County Board chairman Feb 26, 2012 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Kevin Burns, Republican, and Bill Sarto, Democrat, for Kane County Board chairman.
Lauzen consultant: Burns should resign over emailsFeb 22, 2012 12:00 AM
A political consultant for Chris Lauzen followed allegations that Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns engaged in illegal campaign activity with a call for Burns to resign Wednesday. Jon Zahm also called on Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady and several local political operatives to step down from their party posts.
Lauzen: Emails suggest Geneva mayor acted improperlyFeb 22, 2012 12:00 AM
A part-time political consultant for State Sen. Chris Lauzen raised allegations Tuesday that Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns used his taxpayer-funded email address to run his campaign for Kane County Board chairman. Records show more than 100 pages of emails connected to that account, involving exchanges between Burns and various supporters and campaign employees.
Change comes to Burns, and he says he's better for it Feb 20, 2012 12:00 AM
Kevin Burns may be the most quotable politician in all of Kane County, but that isn't always a good thing. A look at the personal and leadership qualities of the Geneva mayor who wants to be the next Kane County Board chairman.
Elect a CPA as County Board Chairman Feb 19, 2012 12:00 AM
Letter to the Editor: As a professional accountant, a CPA understands financial reporting and can provide reports on cost-saving measures that will benefit county taxpayers in the months and years ahead. There is only one CPA running for the GOP nomination for Kane County Board Chairman: Chris Lauzen.
Lauzen draws support of red light camera opponents Feb 16, 2012 12:00 AM
Drivers who sneer at red-light cameras gained two supporters of their disdain in the Republican candidates for Kane County Board chairman this week. But longtime opponents of the cameras said Thursday they believe Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns' support for legislation designed to make the devices obsolete is just a political gimmick.
Is Burns ready for prime time? Feb 16, 2012 12:00 AM
Letter to the Editor: If Kevin Burns is the Republican nominee for Kane County Board Chairman, I would rather vote Democrat for the first time in my life. Even if it is Klinkhamer, and that is saying a lot.
Burns, Lauzen again trade barbs in Kane chairman debateFeb 15, 2012 12:00 AM
Before an audience invited by the Kane County Young Republicans, state Sen. Chris Lauzen cast himself as a “traditional conservative,” while Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns said he takes a more moderate approach that will help Republicans win when it comes time for the entire county to vote. And as with just about every encounter between the two so far, there was no pulling punches.
Burns not right for Kane board chairman Feb 12, 2012 12:00 AM
Letter to the Editor: Sen. Chris Lauzen has worked at controlling state spending for two decades and found that Springfield does not understand that, plain and simple, we are broke. Sen. Lauzen has been representing the wishes of constituents in Springfield and he will continue to do just that as our new Kane County Board Chairman.
Chris Lauzen: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Chris Lauzen, running for Kane County Board Chairman
Kevin Burns: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Kevin Burns, running for Kane County Board Chairman
Sue Klinkhamer: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Sue Klinkhamer, running for Kane County Board Chairman
Bill Sarto: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Bill Sarto, running for Kane County Board Chairman
Kane chairman hopefuls clash on taxes, budget, cameras Jan 23, 2012 12:00 AM
More contrasts among the four candidates for Kane County Board chairman became apparent at a forum Monday night where taxes, ethics and red-light cameras were what interested voters in attendance most.
Why some suburban politicians are aiming for higher — or lower — office Jan 22, 2012 12:00 AM
State Sen. Chris Lauzen is running for Kane County Board instead of seeking re-election to the Senate. Karen McConnoughay is running for Illinois Senate instead of seeking a new term as Kane County Board chairman. What compels candidates to switch gears and look to different levels of government for jobs?
Cronin breezes to win as DuPage chairman Nov 2, 2010 12:00 AM
Dan Cronin added DuPage County Board Chairman Tuesday to his growing list of political monikers.
DuPage chair candidates seek funding accountabilitySep 28, 2010 12:00 AM
The two candidates vying to be the next DuPage County Board chairman believe the county's quasi-private economic development arm should increase its accountability.
DuPage chairman candidates weigh in on zoning proposalAug 31, 2010 12:00 AM
Both candidates vying for the DuPage County Board Chairman's post in November agree with a proposal to prohibit religious facilities and other places of assembly in unincorporated residential areas.
DuPage chairman candidates wary of revenue projectionsMar 8, 2010 12:00 AM
Neither candidate vying for the DuPage County Board chairman's seat in November has much faith in the county's current budget.
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- With trade, Cubs' Epstein sees light at end of tunnel
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- Fire damages Long Grove home
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service -Now Hiring Managers and Crew for a new McDonalds in Lake Zurich on 123 Quentin RD. Immediate Interviews on Monday and Thursday 9am-5pm at 653 Rand Rd in Lake Zurich. (id:4377366) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4378623) A/R BILLING & COLLECTIONS - Accounts Receivable -Elk Grove Contractor seeks talented individual to integrate into busy office environment & perform: Billing, A/R, Collections. Will work closely with Service & New Construction Dpts. Minimum related work history of 5 yrs a must. Req'd to possess strg computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Knowledge of Construction billing & AIA con-tracts preferable. The right candidate will establish their own workflow to meet demand- ing daily needs. Exc. pay/bene- fits. resume email@example.com (id:4377060)
- SR ART DIRECTOR - Senior Art Director Sr Art Director (Print, Display, Retail Design, Merchandising Design & Digital): With Copywriter, develop bold, strategic & award-winning creative print, display & digital advertising campaign components from concept to execution. Duties: generate creative concepts & develop advertising art across all shopper touchpoints, incl print/digital, retail messaging/merch; present concepts, refine/develop ideas; review through prod; mock up graphics w/verbal/email/sketch direction; lead/collaborate with photogs, retouching houses, etc.; attend/lead dvlpmt mtgs; manage schedules. Lead jr members of team. Chicago loop loc. Req's B.A. in Design, Communication Design or related & 2 yrs exp as ad agency Art Director on print & digital projects. Exp must incl a) designing Retail Marketing comms/messaging solutions, b) application of theory/practices of retail design, & c) Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Powerpoint, Keynote & Mac. College must have incl'd 2 courses in Typography & 1 course in Illustration or work exp must have incl'd 2 yrs in Typography & 1 yr in Illustration. Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4379055) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) JOB FAIR - In House Job Fair Hiring for: Residential Sales Representative In House Job Fair Wednesday, July 9th 6:00pm -8:00pm 1030 National Parkway Schaumburg, IL 60173 Interested applicants, apply via www.wowwway.com (id:4377233)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.