Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove
Schneider works for the people Oct 20, 2014 5:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: Let’s do our homework and look up qualifications and/or voting records. This is important stuff. In the 10th Congressional District, I am supporting Brad Schneider for re-election. Brad has consistently supported the Affordable Care Act, standing up against attempts to repeal it.
Dold would make the hard choices Oct 20, 2014 5:01 AM
A letter to the editor: The 10th Congressional District in Illinois is one of the most diverse districts in the United States. Our business base runs the gamut from Fortune 500 corporations to corner shops. Our communities house people of great wealth and others in great need. We require a representative who can fully grasp the complexities of the district and will work for its best interests in a difficult Washington environment.
Halloween Party to feature creatures, puppets, games and more Oct 20, 2014 7:26 AM
Palatine Park District presents the annual Halloween Party on Saturday, October 25 from 9:30am to 12:00pm at Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Palatine, IL. This event for ages 1 to 10 includes the jack-o-lantern gym for the wee ones, carnival games, ghoulish goodies, and a creative crafty table. Mr. Magic will be on hand to amaze the crowd, puppet show entertainment will be provided by the Palatine Public Library, and Jim Nesci brings back his popular Cold Blooded Creatures show at 10:00am. Tickets are $5 Resident/$6 non-resident in advance and $7 day of event, if available. Adults are required to purchase a ticket as well for $1 each. An adult must remain with and supervise all children throughout the party. Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Community Center, Birchwood Recreation Center, or Falcon Park Recreation Center, or online at www.palatineparks.org. This year’s event is made possible through community partnerships with A+ Day School, Alexian Brothers Medical Group, CristalMe Rhinestone Apparel Inc., Daily Herald Media Group, Drost, Gilbert, Andrew & Apicella, LLC, GradePower Learning, Loving Care Animal Hospital, Mathnasium, Palatine Public Library, Photos Hotdogs, Premier Credit Union, SportClips – Palatine, and Whole Foods Market – Kildeer. For more information, contact Lisa Schroeder at 847-496-6229 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The mission of Palatine Park District is to provide a variety of safe, enjoyable and affordable parks and recreation facilities and activities that will enhance the quality of life by promoting good health and well-being for all residents and visitors of the Palatine Park District.
Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band” Oct 20, 2014 7:41 AM
Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band” [No Paragraph Style]Headline 24Undefeated Season For Wheeling High School “Wildcat Marching Band”
New Eagle Scout: Ethan Charles Witz! Oct 20, 2014 7:43 AM
New Eagle Scout: Ethan Charles Witz!
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
TheStationeryStudio.com Hosting Coat Drive Oct 20, 2014 7:33 AM
TheStationeryStudio.com Hosting Coat Drive
Northwest suburbs in 60 seconds Oct 18, 2014 1:01 AM
Thieves broke through a fence between 2 p.m. Oct. 4 and 6 a.m. Oct. 6 at a construction site on the 2000 block of South Clearwater Drive in Des Plaines, broke into a tool container and stole several saws, drills, cable cutters, grinder, torch sets and wobble lights. Thieves also stole scrap copper and scrap condensers. Loss was estimated at $17,680.
What’s more important: the chicken or the vote? Oct 18, 2014 5:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: I found Russell Lissau’s article about the opening of a new fast-food restaurant (“People camp out for chicken in Kildeer”) sadly ironic. A portion of the article indicated that people waited in line for hours to win a prize of 52 chicken sandwiches.
Book notes: Mario Batali intros new book at Tivoli Theatre Oct 18, 2014 6:45 AM
Chef, restaurateur, TV personality and author Mario Batali introduces his new book, “America Farm to Table,” co-authored by Jim Webster, at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove.
Winberie’s closing after nearly 30 years in Buffalo Grove Oct 19, 2014 2:59 PM
After 28 years in Buffalo Grove, Winberie’s Restaurant & Bar is closing. The parent company announced Winberie's will serve its last meal -- brunch -- on Oct. 26. But Select Restaurants plans to bring a new eatery to the same location on Lake-Cook Road.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of October 13.
Register Today for Halloween Hust 5K Run & Walk Saturday, Oct. 25 in Northwest Suburb Oct 17, 2014 7:29 AM
Register Today for Halloween Hust 5K Run & Walk Saturday, Oct. 25 in Northwest Suburb
CLC volunteers to participate in Make A Difference Day Oct 17, 2014 12:39 PM
About 200 volunteers from the College of Lake County, along with volunteers from United Way of Lake County, will join millions of volunteers nationwide for service projects on Saturday, Oct. 25, Make A Difference Day, “The National Day of Doing Good.”
Classic Oak and Leather Holding Going-Out-Of-Business Sale Oct 17, 2014 1:32 PM
Classic Oak and Leather, a leading retailer of quality wood furniture for 34 years, is closing its store and holding a going-out-of-business sale on Friday, Oct. 17, located at 955 E. Rand Road in Arlington Heights. Known for its hand-crafted Amish bedroom and dining room furniture at affordable prices, Classic Oak and Leather at one time had six stores in the Chicago area.
Culinary class to explore sausage-making craze Oct 16, 2014 7:18 AM
Culinary class to explore sausage-making craze
CLC, UW-Parkside team up to expand transfer options Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
The College of Lake County and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside approved an agreement on Sept. 25 expanding educational options for students in the college’s business career programs.
Endorsement: Neither candidate merits support in Senate Dist. 30 Oct 16, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald make no endorsement in the Illinois Senate District 30 election.
Sente represents Springfield status quo Oct 16, 2014 5:12 PM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: I received a laughable endorsement letter from the wives of the Buffalo Grove president and trustees claiming Democrat incumbent Carol Sente is “fiercely independent and went to Springfield to shake up the old boys club.” Nothing could be further from the truth.
Des Plaines speech language specialist earns national honor Oct 16, 2014 3:08 PM
Meet this week's Neighbors in the News, people of accomplishment in the Northwest suburbs.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- 'Fury' aims for an unvarnished look at war
- Flight attendants helped to ground gender bias
- Crystal Lake teen killed in Lakewood crash
- Former U.S. attorney to look into Rauner-reporter controversy
- Ebola travel ban sought by lawmakers opposed by companies
- Remains may be those of missing UVa. student
- Lawsuit says Elgin hair salon injured 7-year-old
- Hospital stay inspires Geneva teen to help others
- Official: Homeless man found dead in Elgin
- Glenbard West takes battle of unbeatens
- Embattled Batavia teacher to step down
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Flight attendants helped to ground gender bias
- Parents: 'No justice' for girl killed by huffing driver
- Embattled St. Charles homeowner claims city broke the law
- Imrem: These Bears are a fine mess
- Rozner: Like Cubs, Royals patiently built from bottom up
- Man accused of shooting cops had rocky military history
- Arlington Hts. furniture store closing after 34 years
- Official: Homeless man found dead in Elgin
- LEAD TEACHER - Education Lead Teacher (Part-time 9-Month) Plans and facilitates developmental activities as part of an overall program for our Children's Learning Centers. jobs.clcillinois.edu Apply by 10/31/2014 College of Lake County EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (id:4388894) LPN'S - Health Care Licensed Practical Nurse Progressive Rehabilitation and Nursing facility has openings for LPNs full time for 7am to 3:30pm shift. Those with excellent clinical skills, reliable attendance, and a strong desire to make the customer happy please apply to: Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler Lee Manor -1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389001) DRIVER - SEMI TRAILER - Driver-Semi-Trailer Trend Technologies, LLC located in Elk Grove Village is a worldwide corporation specializing in products for the electronics, automotive, industrial and medical industries. We are a national provider of custom plastic and metal products to many of the world's leading high-tech companies. This is a full-time position for an experienced candidate looking for a great opportunity. Requirements are: CDL License, Class A required Fork lift certification required -Unload/load trucks Order picking Must pass mandated DOT physical exam, drug screen. Trend Technologies, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please provide salary history and requirements with your application information. Please submit a resume to email@example.com or fax to 847/640-2409 (id:4388780)
- LEAD INSPECTOR - Fox Valley molder seeks full time Lead Inspector for 12-hour day shifts. Must have visual inspection experience. English plus Spanish a must. Hourly pay depends on experience. Please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388661) JOB FAIR - Healthcare HIRING -JOB FAIR!!! CAREGIVER FT: 10:30pm-7:00am PT: 4:00pm-8:00pm ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT-PT FOOD SERVER -PT DISHWASHER -FT Date: Thursday, October 23 Hours: 9:30am-11:30am and: 1:30pm-3:30pm Job Fair Location: Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 We are a growing dynamic organization providing state of the art services and programs for active seniors. We will be conducting on-the-spot interviews. eoe (id:4388615) DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4388956)
- MECHANICAL LAB TECHNICAN - Mechanical Lab Technician Miner Enterprises is a leader in the supply of freight-car components to the railroad industry. We have an opening for a Mechanical Lab Technician in our R&D lab. Responsible for set up/calibration of spring elements and mechanical testing of railcar components in a lab/track setting and performing basic machine shop and fabrication duties to make, modify or repair testing eqpt and fixtures. Candidates should have an AS degree or equivalent exp; have the ability to read engineering drawings and have basic computer skills. Exp in mig welding and fabrication is also req'd. Send a resume with salary expectations to Miner Enterprises, 1200 E. State Street, Geneva, IL 60134, email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388992) SR UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - Computer United Stationers Mgmt Services is seeking a Sr UNIX Sys-tem Administrator in Deerfield, IL with the following re-requirements: MS in Comp. Sci. or IT + 3 yrs related exp. or a BS and 5 yrs exp. Prior exp. must include: designing, developing & implementing latest 7.1/6.1 AIX Virtualized LPARs on Power7 and Power6 IBM Servers and RHEL 6.4/ 6.5 virtual machines; implementing Live Partition Mobility by using NPIV on the VIO Servers and booting the Lpars from SAN; maintaining and updating NIM Environment with hardened golden images, lpp resources and spots; proactively managing system resources to meet service level agreements assuring optimal performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth. Please apply online at www.unitedstationers.com/Careers and search for Req. Number 14-2000. (id:4388636) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - System Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4388175)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.