Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove High School
Prospect stays hot against Buffalo Grove Dec 13, 2014 12:37 AM
Buffalo Grove wasn’t able to slow Prospect’s hot streak. The host Knights earned a 52-36 victory over the Bison on Friday, claiming their third straight victory and remaining perfect in the Mid-Suburban East at 2-0. Kyle Beyak (14 points), Patryk Niemiec (10 points, 8 rebounds) and Grant Miller (8 points, 4 assists) led a balanced scoring attack for the Knights.
Williams, Dellorto break 500 records in Meadows’ victory Dec 13, 2014 12:08 AM
Rolling Meadows earned its first dual victory of the boys swimming season, topping Elk Grove 136-44 on Friday in the facility both teams share at Elk Grove High School in a Mid-Suburban East dual. Both teams got to celebrate program records in the 500-yard freestyle. Elk Grove senior Colin Williams won the event in 4:53.61, erasing the mark that had existed since 1977. It’s already Williams’ second team record of the season, as he established a new benchmark the previous week in the 200 IM. The second-place finisher in the 500 free was Rolling Meadows freshman Josh Dellorto. He touched in a personal-best 5:01.14 and also broke the Mustangs’ program record.
Prospect stays perfect by topping Buffalo Grove Dec 11, 2014 11:30 PM
Prospect won its first Mid-Suburban East game last week with only three players scoring against an undefeated Hersey team. Going up against another undefeated team in its second conference game on Thursday night, the Knights were hoping for a little more offensive balance. Sure enough, they doubled their fun. This time, six girls made it into the scoring column as Prospect handed visiting Buffalo Grove its first loss, 45-32, at the Jean Walker Field House. Despite picking up her third foul with two minutes left in the first half and her fourth with 4:15 left in the third, senior Catherine Sherwood led the ever-so-balanced Knights with 10 points. Next came Haley Will (8), Nikki Matters (8), Taylor Will (7), Brenda Kendziera (7) and Clare O’Carroll (5).
Girls gymnastics: Buffalo Grove wins at Elk Grove Dec 11, 2014 10:48 PM
Buffalo Grove’s girls gymnastics team cleared 130 points in claiming a victory over host Elk Grove on Thursday in a Mid-Suburban East dual. Buffalo Grove junior Diandra Duenser led the way with victories on uneven bars (8.4) and floor exercise (9.15) on her way to the top all-around total (34.30).
Wheeling frosh Burgess busts out a 300 Dec 10, 2014 9:05 PM
The already boisterous atmosphere of a Mid-Suburban League girls bowling meet got an extra shot of adrenaline Wednesday night. Karsyn Burgess, a Wheeling freshman, fired the first 300 game the conference has seen since the 2010/11 season. A no-doubt-about-it final strike put Burgess in the MSL record books. “I’m really excited,” said the frosh. “I’m used to stringing strikes together, and after the ninth frame I was already pretty proud of myself. “Then came the 10th frame, and the pressure was on.”
Fourth straight win for Schaumburg Dec 6, 2014 11:44 PM
After starting the season with a pair of losses, Schaumburg’s boys basketball has found the winning groove. The Saxons worked overtime on Saturday at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights before posting a 59-54 victory over Hersey. Brendan Parker (18 points), Jason Schoo (13) and Charlie Quilco (10) weer top scorers for Schaumburg (4-2). Payton Haas and Joseph Coffaro each scored 18 points to pace Hersey (3-3).
Stejskal does it all as Buffalo Grove beats Wheeling Dec 5, 2014 10:42 PM
Buffalo Grove junior Sammy Stejskal has a simple explanation for her prowess on the boards. “When I see the ball I go get it,” Stejskal said. On Friday night against visiting Wheeling, the junior proved she not only knows how to rebound the ball, she also knows how to put it in the basket. The 5-foot-11 Stejskal rang up 22 points and snared 14 rebounds — both game highs — as the Bison (7-0, 1-0) defeated the Wildcats 68-52 in the Mid-Suburban League East Division opener for both teams to stay undefeated.
Schauble’s return to Palatine triumphant Dec 5, 2014 10:42 PM
You’ll have to forgive John Schauble if he looked a bit tired Friday evening. He had been up most of the previous night pondering his return as coach of the Palatine boys swimming and diving team. See, the last time he coached the Pirates was 1990. Since then, he served as Aquatics Director and physical education teacher at Stevenson, where he founded the Patriot Aquatic Club. But life is often cyclical, and there was Schauble on deck at the Palatine pool Friday, watching with a satisfaction as his charges roared to a convincing 118-67 victory over Buffalo Grove in a Mid-Suburban League crossover meet.
Wrestling: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the wrestling teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West, St. Viator and Leyden this season.
Girls gymnastics: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school girls gymnastics teams of the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West and Leyden this season.
Boys swimming: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 9:21 PM
Here's a team-by-team look at what to expect from boys swimming in the Mid-Suburban League and at St. Viator this season.
Football: Northwest all-area team Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest all-area team, featuring players from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Shanahan, Conant edge Buffalo Grove Dec 3, 2014 11:34 PM
Conant senior Bridget Shanahan took top honors on vault and floor exercise to help the visiting Cougars edge Buffalo Grove 132.4-127.3 in Mid-Suburban League girls gymnastics on Wednesday.
Girls bowling: Scouting Northwest Dec 2, 2014 9:07 PM
Here's what to expect of the girls bowling teams from the Mid-Suburban League and Leyden this winter.
Elk Grove, Buffalo Grove high school to stage shows this weekend Dec 2, 2014 1:51 PM
Buffalo Grove and Elk Grove high schools are presenting plays this weekend. Buffalo Grove High School is presenting “The Boys Next Door,” while Elk Grove High School is presenting the Tony award-winning musical “In The Heights.”
Will closer to record as Prospect rolls Dec 3, 2014 12:32 AM
Taylor Will scored a game-high 25 points on Tuesday night in Mt. Prospect to help lead Prospect to a 72-38 victory over visiting Schaumburg.Will, a senior guard headed to Brown University, closed to within 5 points of becoming the Knights’ all-time leading scorer in girls basketball history. She made 10 field goals (three 3-pointers) and 2 free throws on Tuesday at the Jean Walker Field House, named after the coach who was in charge when Colleen Grant set the school record of 1,352 points from 1977 to 1981.
Strong start for new-look Hoffman Estates team Dec 1, 2014 9:10 PM
Hoffman Estates freshman Allura Magsino admitted that it was a little “nerve-wracking” going into her first Mid-Suburban League match. “But I really wasn’t that nervous,” said Magsino, “because I knew my team was there to support me.” And if there were any worries about how the freshman would perform under pressure, those doubts were dispelled Monday night at Arlington Lanes. Magsino fired a 204 in the first game en route to a 561 series as the Hawks defeated Hersey 2,697 pins to 2,604 in a matchup of what should be two of the MSL’s top teams this season.
Esp, Marmion finish with win at BG Nov 29, 2014 10:47 PM
Marmion Academy nearly waited too long to get the offense restarted against Buffalo Grove in the finale of the Bison Classic boys basketball tournament Saturday. The Cadets, who’d led host BG 30-18 early in the third quarter, found itself in the driest of dry spells, a drought that cost them the lead. Marmion went 8 minutes and 51 seconds between field goals, and the lead had turned into a 34-33 deficit. Jake Esp’s basket with 3:33 remaining put his team back in front 35-34, and that seemed to get Marmion back on track. The Cadets (2-2) capitalized on a couple of charges by the Bison and made some pressure-packed free throws down the stretch to seal the 47-40 victory.
Heavenly finish as Buffalo Grove takes Classic Nov 29, 2014 9:38 PM
The Buffalo Grove girls were in basketball’s seventh heaven on Saturday afternoon. For the first time in seven years, the Bison were champions of their own Bison Classic. With 5-foot-11 junior Sammy Stejskal scoring a career-high 27 points plus 13 apiece from senior Julie Jambrone and junior Maddie Welter, Buffalo Grove ran past Hersey 66-49 in the championship game.
Gorecki, Fremd measure up Nov 29, 2014 12:09 AM
Fremd’s highly-ranked girls basketball team went north across the Illinois border on Friday and got exactly what it wanted. The Vikes received a great test from Divine Savior Holy Angels High School of Milwaukee.Not to mention they also got a victory that left them at 6-0 for the season. In a match-up between a couple of the country’s premier players — Fremd senior Haley Gorecki (Duke recruit) and Holy Angels’ senior Arike Ogunbowale (Notre Dame recruit) the Vikings prevailed 65-63 in overtime at Brookfield Central High School.
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Cashews secret ingredient in creamy vegan soups
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Firefighter's wife gives part of liver to another's toddler
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Whites, Hispanics, Asians grow at historically black colleges
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- Rauner touts own affordable community colleges plan
- Danica Patrick races into Lombard Thursday
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.