Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove High School
Meadows finishes duals with win over Buffalo Grove Oct 15, 2014 9:49 PM
Rolling Meadows used a first-and-third finish in the meet’s last event, the 400-yard freestyle relay, to earn a 93-90 finish over Buffalo Grove in girls swimming on Wednesday at the Mustangs’ home pool, at Elk Grove. It wasn’t a perfect night for Meadows, as its top medley relay was disqualified in what would have been a winning effort. But the Mustangs were able to overcome that, plus a 1-2-3 Bison sweep in diving, to finish their Mid-Suburban East duals with a 3-2 record.
Prospect likes its downstate prospects Oct 13, 2014 9:39 PM
All the work and practices Prospect coach Jim Hamann put his girls golf team through this fall were geared toward seeing his players enjoying their best golf at the end of the season. With that in mind, the Knights sure must have made their coach proud on Tuesday at Bittersweet Golf Club in Gurnee. They produced their best team score of the season (330) in some of the toughest conditions of the fall. With many golfers still having to finish their rounds due to rainy weather suspending play late in the afternoon, all of the results of the Warren Class AA sectional are still unofficial and not yet reported to the IHSA. Coaches will be alerted early in the morning if play will resume at noon Tuesday. If conditions are still unsuitable, Wednesday would be the finishing day. Yet to finish their team scores are Barrington, Loyola, Libertyville and Crystal Lake Central.
Prospect’s Garmoe, Gavin and St. Viator’s Carlson make state Oct 13, 2014 8:54 PM
While their respective teams didn’t achieve Monday’s ultimate goal, bittersweet individual berths will certainly do. The Prospect duo of Robert Garmoe and Grant Gavin, and St. Viator’s Nick Carlson punched their tickets to the Class 3A state finals during a tough New Trier Class 3A sectional at Winnetka Golf Club. Garmoe and Carlson each fired a 3-over par 74 to tie for fourth place with three others, while Gavin made the cut via a five-way tie for 16th at 6-over 77.
Schaumburg third in own invitational Oct 11, 2014 10:09 PM
This Thursday night, Schaumburg will try to secure its first berth in the Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball championship match since 2010. The Saxons tuned up with five matches on their home floor Saturday, finishing third in their own invite. Schaumburg fell to Rockton Hononegah (25-19, 25-22) in the third-place match. Cary-Grove defeated St. Charles North for the title, 25-23, 25-23.
Barrington scores an MSL title, with Hersey close behind Oct 11, 2014 6:41 PM
Although it was one of the closest team scores in years, Barrington still was able to net a 20th consecutive Mid-Suburban League girls tennis championship, posting 53 points at Schaumburg on Saturday afternoon to complete the three-day tournament. Hersey followed with 46 points for second place, and Fremd was third with 38, just ahead of Buffalo Grove (36).
Images: Rolling Meadows vs. Buffalo Grove football Oct 10, 2014 9:47 PM
The Buffalo Grove High School football team hosted Rolling Meadows High School on Friday, October 10th.
MSL East spotlight favors Rolling Meadows Oct 10, 2014 11:25 PM
When Luka Pavlakis came to Rolling Meadows high school three years ago, he never had played one down of football. Yet on Friday night in Buffalo Grove, Pavlakis found himself starting at quarterback for the Mustangs. Pavlakis was superb in his debut, throwing for 173 yards and 2 touchdowns as Rolling Meadows upended Buffalo Grove 27-10 in a battle of conference unbeatens to claim sole possession of first place in the Mid-Suburban East.
Football: Scouting Week 7, Northwest Oct 10, 2014 1:09 AM
Here's a look ahead at the Week 7 matchups of the high school football season involving teams from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Maine West, Leyden and Christian Liberty Academy.
Make its 12 straight MSL East titles for Hersey Oct 9, 2014 11:21 PM
The longest division winning streak in Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball history is alive and well.Hersey made it 12 straight East crowns on Thursday night when the Huskies rallied from a second-set loss and a 10-7 deficit in Set 3 to post a 25-18, 20-25, 25-12 victory at Buffalo Grove.
Prospect passes key test against Hersey as Liva soars Oct 9, 2014 10:19 PM
Last season, Prospect ended Hersey’s six-year string of girls swimming and diving championships in the Mid-Suburban East. This fall, it looks like Prospect has started a streak of its own. On senior night for the Knights at Wheeling’s pool, Prospect used a 1-2-3 finish in the 100-yard backstroke to pull away from Hersey 101-85 in the matchup pitting the top two teams in the MSL East. Prospect still needs a victory against Wheeling next week for an outright championship, but the toughest obstacle to repeat has been cleared — and in breathtaking fashion. Knights senior diver Dana Liva made sure of that, hitting all six of her dives on the way to breaking her own team and pool records with a 311.65 score. The lowest score the Wisconsin-bound standout received on any dive was a 6. She was awarded nothing below an 8 on her first dive, a back dive in the pike position.
Sulkar, Barrington lead the way in Lake Forest regional Oct 8, 2014 10:16 PM
There was plenty of drama at Wednesday’s conclusion of the Lake Forest regional at Deerpath Golf Club in Lake Forest. When the final scores were entered in the clubhouse, the Fillies were one stroke better than Deerfield (359 to 360) to win their 15th title in 28 seasons under Hall of Fame girls golf coach Jodi Schoeck.“It was thrilling when we realized that we had won it,” Schoeck said. “When we saw the scoreboard was completed, it was a sigh of relief because we were not sure what was going to happen.”
Barrington takes aim at 20th straight MSL title Oct 8, 2014 10:52 PM
The next few weeks will be intense for the Mid-Suburban League and other northwest suburban girls tennis teams as the postseason begins with conference tournaments. The MSL teams will compete at Schaumburg today through Saturday. Barrington (16-5) has established quite a reliable trend, having won the league title for 19 straight years. The Fillies have already gone 5-0 to secure the MSL West Division title and will be tough to beat as they go after a 20th consecutive overall league crown.
Hersey secures share of East title Oct 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Senior Night proved to be a big hit for Hersey’s girls volleyball team at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights. Providing some of the biggest hits were Liz Fuerst (7 kills), Caity Strozewski (6), Gabri Olhava (4) and Kelly Hill (3) as the Huskies posted a 26-24, 25-18 victory over visiting Wheeling. Hersey (18-4, 8-0) clinched a tie for its 12th straight Mid-Suburban East crown under coach Nancy Lill.
Buffalo Grove works 3 OTs to edge Hersey Oct 2, 2014 11:00 PM
For the second straight week, Buffalo Grove's chance at a victory came down a last-second play near its own goal line. And for the second consecutive game, the Bison defense made a big-time stop to secure a win.
Palatine, Prospect win MSL divisional titles Oct 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Palatine's girls cross country team won its eighth straight Mid-Suburban West title, while Prospect grabbed its seventh straight divisional crown in the MSL East.
Rolling Meadows tops Wheeling Oct 2, 2014 10:26 PM
Jessie Ligenza and Anna Frantom gave visiting Rolling Meadows a 1-2 finish in the 200-yard IM, and they later provided a 2-3 finish behind teammate Erin Pletch in the 100 breaststroke as the Mustangs edged Wheeling 98-76 in Mid-Suburban East girls swimming and diving on Thursday.
BG claims MSL East; Hoffman grabs West title Oct 2, 2014 9:41 PM
Buffalo Grove’s Kevin Salvano cruised to the title in 15:39 at the Wheeling triangular on Thursday, leading the Bison to their second Mid-Suburban East boys cross country title at MacArthur Middle School. Hoffman Estates topped both Barrington and Schaumburg to grab the MSL West crown.
Schaumburg, Fremd still tied in West Oct 3, 2014 12:37 AM
The Schaumburg and Fremd girls volleyball teams remained tied for first in the Mid-Suburban West with two-set wins on Thursday night.
Football MVPs: Week 5 Oct 1, 2014 11:49 PM
Jacobs senior running back Josh Walker and Batavia junior cornerback Brett Bowman have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their football performances in Week 5. Walker finished with 5 touchdowns in win against Dundee-Crown, while Bowman intercepted 3 passes in Batavia’s victory over St. Charles North.
Football: Scouting Week 6, Northwest Oct 1, 2014 7:34 PM
Here's a look at Week 6 of the high school football season for teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Harper College honors alums
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Dist. 200 hosts forum on controversial school funding bill
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- Dawn Patrol: No charges in standoff; more money for Metropolis
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.