Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove High School
Girls bowling: Scouting Northwest Dec 2, 2014 9:07 PM
Here's what to expect of the girls bowling teams from the Mid-Suburban League and Leyden this winter.
Elk Grove, Buffalo Grove high school to stage shows this weekend Dec 2, 2014 1:51 PM
Buffalo Grove and Elk Grove high schools are presenting plays this weekend. Buffalo Grove High School is presenting “The Boys Next Door,” while Elk Grove High School is presenting the Tony award-winning musical “In The Heights.”
Will closer to record as Prospect rolls Dec 3, 2014 12:32 AM
Taylor Will scored a game-high 25 points on Tuesday night in Mt. Prospect to help lead Prospect to a 72-38 victory over visiting Schaumburg.Will, a senior guard headed to Brown University, closed to within 5 points of becoming the Knights’ all-time leading scorer in girls basketball history. She made 10 field goals (three 3-pointers) and 2 free throws on Tuesday at the Jean Walker Field House, named after the coach who was in charge when Colleen Grant set the school record of 1,352 points from 1977 to 1981.
Strong start for new-look Hoffman Estates team Dec 1, 2014 9:10 PM
Hoffman Estates freshman Allura Magsino admitted that it was a little “nerve-wracking” going into her first Mid-Suburban League match. “But I really wasn’t that nervous,” said Magsino, “because I knew my team was there to support me.” And if there were any worries about how the freshman would perform under pressure, those doubts were dispelled Monday night at Arlington Lanes. Magsino fired a 204 in the first game en route to a 561 series as the Hawks defeated Hersey 2,697 pins to 2,604 in a matchup of what should be two of the MSL’s top teams this season.
Esp, Marmion finish with win at BG Nov 29, 2014 10:47 PM
Marmion Academy nearly waited too long to get the offense restarted against Buffalo Grove in the finale of the Bison Classic boys basketball tournament Saturday. The Cadets, who’d led host BG 30-18 early in the third quarter, found itself in the driest of dry spells, a drought that cost them the lead. Marmion went 8 minutes and 51 seconds between field goals, and the lead had turned into a 34-33 deficit. Jake Esp’s basket with 3:33 remaining put his team back in front 35-34, and that seemed to get Marmion back on track. The Cadets (2-2) capitalized on a couple of charges by the Bison and made some pressure-packed free throws down the stretch to seal the 47-40 victory.
Heavenly finish as Buffalo Grove takes Classic Nov 29, 2014 9:38 PM
The Buffalo Grove girls were in basketball’s seventh heaven on Saturday afternoon. For the first time in seven years, the Bison were champions of their own Bison Classic. With 5-foot-11 junior Sammy Stejskal scoring a career-high 27 points plus 13 apiece from senior Julie Jambrone and junior Maddie Welter, Buffalo Grove ran past Hersey 66-49 in the championship game.
Gorecki, Fremd measure up Nov 29, 2014 12:09 AM
Fremd’s highly-ranked girls basketball team went north across the Illinois border on Friday and got exactly what it wanted. The Vikes received a great test from Divine Savior Holy Angels High School of Milwaukee.Not to mention they also got a victory that left them at 6-0 for the season. In a match-up between a couple of the country’s premier players — Fremd senior Haley Gorecki (Duke recruit) and Holy Angels’ senior Arike Ogunbowale (Notre Dame recruit) the Vikings prevailed 65-63 in overtime at Brookfield Central High School.
Murphy (30 points), Rolling Meadows top Tilden Nov 28, 2014 11:04 PM
Rolling Meadows sophomore Jared Murphy canned three 3s and finished with a game-high 30 points to help the Mustangs’ boys basketball team top Tilden 78-60 and improve to 2-1 after the completion of pool play at Palatine on Friday.
Palatine powers past Richards Nov 26, 2014 11:06 PM
Palatine improved to 2-0 by handling Richards 73-32 on Wednesday in the Ed Molitor Thanksgiving Classic hosted by the Pirates. R.J. Smith (12 points) and Mikey Williams (10 points) led a balanced effort for Palatine, which took control with a 23-point second quarter and led 40-16 by the half.
Fremd rolls past Cary-Grove at Lakes Nov 22, 2014 11:48 PM
Fremd’s girls basketball team continued its run through the Turkey Thriller with a perfect record by defeating Cary-Grove 67-40 at Lakes High School on Saturday afternoon.Duke recruit Haley Gorecki struck for a season -high 25 points, while also collecting 5 steals and with 4 assists.
Kolbus, Buffalo Grove head in right direction Nov 22, 2014 8:57 PM
Senior Bri Kolbus and her Buffalo Grove girls basketball teammates would love to play for the championship of their own tournament next Saturday. “We have a lot of players with experience now,” said the 5-foot-7 guard, one of eight returning players. “That’s been one of our goals.” The Bison took another step toward it on Saturday with a 61-31 victory over Grayslake Central. Kolbus scored 11 points with 4 assists, 3 rebounds and 1 steals to help BG go into Tuesday’s final round of pool play with a 2-0 record when it faces Mother McAuley (2-0).
Boys basketball: Scouting the MSL East Nov 20, 2014 9:10 AM
Here's what to expect from the boys basketball teams in the Mid-Suburban East this winter.
Girls swimming / State meet scouting, Northwest Nov 20, 2014 2:09 PM
The relay strength of Fremd and Barrington and the individual skill of Wheeling's Theresa Godlewski will make it an interesting weekend for fans of Mid-Suburban League girls swimming at the high school state meet hosted by Evanston.
Girls basketball: Scouting the MSL East Nov 17, 2014 8:44 PM
Here's a look at what to expect from the girls basketball teams of the Mid-Suburban East this season.
Girls cross country: Trophy time for Palatine Nov 8, 2014 9:36 PM
Palatine was on the outside looking in at last year’s Class 3A girls cross country state meet. The Pirates finished a distant fourth, one spot away from a state trophy. But this year Palatine rose to the occasion, placing five girls in the top 37 to secure second place with 91 points at Detweiller Park in Peoria. “Such a difference from a year ago,” said Palatine coach Joe Parks of the Pirates’ drive to a 14th state trophy. “I knew it could go either way, but the girls pulled it off and almost won the title.”
Conant’s Dale 2nd in a classic state race Nov 8, 2014 7:51 PM
From the start of the boys cross country season all signs pointed toward an epic battle for the Class 3A state title between McHenry senior Jesse Reiser and Conant senior Zach Dale. And the race proved to be instant classic. On a clear and crisp fall afternoon Reiser and Dale separated from a cluster of five and locked horns in the final 800 meters, with Reiser using one final surge with 400 meters remaining to secure the state championship in 14 minutes, 10 seconds at Detweiller Park in Peoria.
Boys soccer: Lopez, Masciopinto lead the way Nov 6, 2014 9:52 PM
Strikers may score most of the goals, and of course defenders keep them out of the back of the net. But many of the game's real artisans reside at midfield, and that's where the captains of the Daily Herald's Northwest boys soccer all-area team can be found. Schaumburg's Jessie Lopez and Buffalo Grove's Zach Masciopinto share the honor this season, not because of overly dramatic gaudy goal-scoring or points numbers, but instead due to what they meant to their programs, their teammates and their sport.
Girls volleyball: Northwest all-area team Nov 6, 2014 12:24 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest girls volleyball all-area team.
Boys soccer: Northwest all-area team Nov 6, 2014 12:23 PM
Introducing the Northwest boys soccer all-area team, featuring players from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden and Maine West.
Images: Daily Herald Boys Soccer and Girls Volleyball All-Area Captains Nov 6, 2014 3:54 PM
See the Daily Herald honorary All-Area Team Captains in girls volleyball and boys soccer for 2014.
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Barrington grad, partner win $1 million in 'Amazing Race'
- Bears need to clean house in a big way
- Santa touched by S. Elgin students' unselfishness
- White Christmas out east could mess up holiday travel
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- Scaling it back
- Jacobs' Van Vlierbergen reflects on her amazing Heisman weekend
- Mike North video: Why are the Bears underdogs vs. the Saints?
- Injuries don't deter Glenbard North
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually abusing patients
- Cutler out, Clausen to start for first time in 4 years
- Streamwood man pleads guilty to baseball bat attack
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Good Samaritans save driver in Streamwood crash
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban Cuban-Americans hope to renew family ties; Bears bench Cutler
- 'Fast-casual' pizza coming to Naperville, Schaumburg
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Boogeyman wins as movie theaters cave to threat
- Ye Olde Town Inn in Mt. Prospect abruptly closes
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Man acquitted in bad haircut spat
- Barrington Hills passes new rules on horse boarding
- Tensions linger after Buffalo Grove plan collapses
- Are Bears more embarrassing on, off field?
- Rolling Meadows mourns passing of police commander
- Imrem: Time to boot Emery out the door
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Located in Champaign, IL, the State Universities Retirement System of Illinois (SURS; http:www.surs.com ) administers benefits and over $17.4B in assets for approximately 227,000 members. Responsibilities: Reporting to an eleven-member Board of Trustees, the Executive Director directs a staff of 130 through 10 direct reports, including a Chief Investment Officer. The Executive Director also serves as the chief governmental-legislation liaison with the General Assembly, its committees, and other governmental entities as necessary. Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree and progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in a public pension fund, insurance or financial services company, as well as outstanding leadership attributes, excellent communication skills, professional presence and maturity, and sensitivity to issues of managing and funding a public trust fund. The ideal candidate will also have strong people and process management skills, political acumen, strategic agility, and the highest integrity and ethics. Compensation and Benefits: Compensation (base salary plus excellent benefits) will be based upon experience, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate. Relocation expenses will be negotiated on an individual basis. SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, contact: Derrick Buckingham, Senior Vice President and Managing Director The Hollins Group Inc. 225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1575 Chicago, IL 60606-1274 312-606-2478 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393531) JOB FAIR - Job Fair Crumbs Bake Shop Tuesday, December 16th 10AM-4PM On Site Interviews Hiring PT and FT positions Cashiers & Team Lead Positions New location 469 Central Ave. Highland Park, IL 60035 847-229-6778 (id:4393532) SCHOOL NURSE - School nurse, RN knows Type I Diabete Survival skills. Exc benefits. To be considered for this position, please complete an application online at: http://www.generalasp.com/ ndep/onlineapp (id:4393806)
- SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC email@example.com (id:4393561) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Tuesday, December 16 -4pm to 9pm -INTERVIEWS HELD AT: BOB ROHRMAN'S Used Car SuperStore 935 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60048 1 Mile East of Route 53 on Dundee Road No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4393449) FRONT DESK HELP - Hotel -Red Roof Inn seeks Front Desk GSR; must have strong cust. serv. skills, no exp. necessary (we'll train). Send resume to email@example.com or call Mirian Leon@224-310-3620. (id:4393253)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393715) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant Company located in Elk Grove Village, IL Pl email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393700) COUNSELOR - Counselor Full-Time, Tenure Track Faculty position available August 2015 For a detailed job description and to apply: jobs.clcillinois.edu College of Lake County EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (id:4393322)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.