Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Bloomingdale Park District
Stratford Square wins award for partnership with park district Oct 30, 2014 12:38 PM
Stratford Square Mall recently was honored as a Best Friend of Illinois Parks in the large business category by the Illinois Association of Park Districts for its partnership with Bloomingdale Park District.
Bloomingdale Park District seeks feedback on playground improvements Jul 24, 2014 10:40 AM
A new playground at Seasons Four Park in Roselle will reflect the preferences of the children and parents who use it. That’s because Bloomingdale Park District is sponsoring an open house next week to get feedback from the community about what color schemes and activity panels should be used when the park’s playground structures are replaced later this year.
Bloomingdale seeking funding for park improvvements Jun 10, 2014 4:53 PM
The Bloomingdale Park District is going to apply for a state grant to raise money to pay for various improvements to Circle Park, which is located at 163 Fairfield Way in Bloomingdale. Proposed improvements to the park include replacing the existing playground with a new "nature playground" and upgrading an existing roller hockey rink so it could be used as an ice rink during the winter.
How Medinah’s proposed tax cut could cost schools Mar 26, 2014 3:11 PM
Officials at the exclusive Medinah Country Club near Roselle are attempting to reduce the property tax burden by nearly 80 percent for each of the last three years. If successful, two school districts would have to repay the club roughly $300,000 each, or essentially the equivalent of 12 new teachers' salaries, officials said.
Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews Feb 26, 2014 12:55 PM
Some Roselle-area taxpayers feel like it’s “deja pool” all over again. Roselle resident Phil Van Duyne, who opposes Lake Park High School District 108’s most recent push for voter approval of an aquatic center, said the joking phrase sums up his feelings on the two referendum questions voters will see on the March 18 ballot. “The district taxpayers have been pretty clear that they’re not in favor of a pool at Lake Park High School,” Van Duyne said. “People just voted it down, but now it’s coming back.”
Bloomingdale art exhibits explore renewal, regeneration Jul 19, 2013 6:00 AM
Two Chicago-based artist groups explore themes of renewal and regneration in a summer exhibit opening July 20 at Bloomingdale Park District Museum.
Sebastian Puccio: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:36 PM
Candidate information for Sebastian Puccio, running for Bloomingdale Park Board (6-year Terms)
Karen Johns: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:36 PM
Candidate information for Karen Johns, running for Bloomingdale Park Board (6-year Terms)
Bloomingdale Park District seeks input on playground Jan 18, 2013 8:21 AM
Bloomingdale Park District residents can help select color schemes and activity panels for a planned renovation of the playground structure at Sunnyside Park, 291 Glen Ellyn Road, in Bloomingdale. The open house is scheduled for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 in the Community Room of the Johnston Recreation Center. Plans for the new accessible play structures will be on display and refreshments will be served. Parents are encouraged to bring children and come at any time during the open house. No formal presentation will be given.
Bloomingdale offers taste of fitness at open house Jan 5, 2013 2:46 PM
A new Bloomingdale Park District event held Saturday morning gave residents a taste of something healthy — fitness. The first Fitness Open House featured free trials of exercise classes including Beginner Bootcamp, Zumba, Zumba Gold and Pi-Yo Fusion. "It's nice to give everyone a taste of the classes," said Rebecca Chudik, recreation supervisor.
Bloomingdale homes school boundary swap denied May 1, 2012 9:13 PM
Two subdivisions of 25 homes in Bloomingdale will remain within the school district boundaries of Glenbard High School District 87 and Marquardt Elementary District 15, even though residents there sought to detach their properties and annex into two other nearby school districts.
Roselle, Bloomingdale offer joint pool pass Feb 16, 2012 2:10 PM
The Bloomingdale and Roselle park districts will form a rare partnership this summer, allowing residents of both districts the option to access each of their pools for the season. Residents can now buy a Super Pass for $30 more than a regular season's pass, which will admit them to Bloomingdale’s Oasis Water Park and Roselle’s Kemmerling Pool. Officials said this will make summer swimming more convenient for neighbors, and could lead to future tax-dollar savings.
Bloomingdale Park District offers walk-to-run program Sep 7, 2011 8:15 AM
The Bloomingdale Park District is again offering its popular walk-to-run program this fall. The free program, offered for the first time this summer, is led by local chiropractor Erin Ducat from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays at Springfield Park.
Bloomingdale dedicates memorial to Marine Jun 9, 2011 8:21 AM
A Bloomingdale baseball team raised money and moved earth to locate a flagpole and memorial stone in honor of a fallen Marine and other veterans. The memorial will be dedicated in a ceremony at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 11.
Itasca pool opens, Bloomingdale’s set for Sunday Jun 8, 2011 3:16 PM
As Itasca on Wednesday successfully opens its wading pool after delays from a voluntary drain cover recall, Bloomingdale is having technical difficulties with its wading pool that will keep it closed until June 12.
Vintage baseball coming to Bloomingdale Apr 15, 2011 5:38 AM
A new vintage baseball team will step up to bat in Bloomingdale this summer, playing the game according to Civil War-era rules, which means no spitting, cursing, gloves, base stealing and certainly no arguing with the umpire.
Bloomingdale mall walk promotes heart health Feb 12, 2011 4:59 PM
Adventist GlenOaks Hospital sponsored a heart health promotion event Saturday called "Walk the Mall for Life." Participants could gather health information and get screened for lung function, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Chuck N. Auriemma Sr.: Candidate Profile Feb 24, 2011 10:57 AM
Candidate information for Chuck N. Auriemma Sr, running for Bloomingdale parks
Michael Childress: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:05 PM
Candidate information for Michael Childress, running for Bloomingdale parks
Michael A. Vogl: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:05 PM
Candidate information for Michael A. Vogl, running for Bloomingdale parks
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- George W. Bush coming to Naperville for book signing
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Gobble Games return to Bartlett
- Contested election for Buffalo Grove president likely
- T-Mobile offers free 7-Inch tablet in pre-Black Friday deal
- Naperville man gets prison time for bringing heroin into jail
- Driver critically injured after crashing into Streamwood home
- The Shanty Restaurant receives top state award
- Tip, 'thank you' note lead to North Aurora ecstasy arrest
- 12-year-old suburban girl missing
- Missing Hoffman Estates girl found in Mount Prospect
- More than 30 horses killed in barn fire
- Suburbs see slight snow accumulation
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Mount Prospect denies officer's discrimination complaint
- Wheaton pedestrian struck, killed on Roosevelt Road
- Matt Czuchry previews his biggest 'Good Wife' episode
- Bloomingdale teen gets probation for robbery spree
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Kane plans 'No Refusal' DUI patrol on Black Wednesday
- Unions have value in turning nation around
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Waukegan police searching for gunman
- Elgin objects to minimum manning for firefighters
- Kmart employees push back on Thanksgiving hours
- Bears continue their O-line shuffle
- Metra riders not onboard with fare hike
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Spellman: Hawks' voice Foley gets place in Hall
- TRADING SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Algorithmic Trading Software Developer-Chicago, IL. Stat arbitrage & mkt making in U.S. equities & commodities futures mkts. Engage in quantitative research to uncover signals which consistently predict price movements. Utilize linear & non-linear models, Bayseian estimation techniques, time series analysis, numerical optimization, & portfolio construction using mean-variance optimization. Dvlp strategies & back test using Monte Carlo & Cross Validation. Dvlp code in C++, Java, & R. Reqts: Master's or equiv in Eng'g, CS, Technology, or rel. field, & 3 yrs work exp in position offered or rel., incl 3 yrs exp w/: Stat Arbitrage strategies in U.S. equities; Automated Mkt Making w/ U.S. equities; Quantitative research geared towards dvlpg mkt making & Stat Arbitrage; & Quantitative research using R, KDB & Java. Pls send resume to Summit Securities Group, LLC at email@example.com (id:4391308) DRIVER / LABORER - Driver/Laborer -labor intense Class A tanker Hazmat required. $22.70 per hour, weekend & nights required. 50-55 hours/week. Fax resume to 630-257-2181. OSCO OIL 13351 Main St. Lemont, IL 60439 EEO/M/F/VET/DISABILITY (id:4391595) CLASS A DRIVERS - Attention: CLASS-A DRIVERS Coming soon to CSX Intermodal Terminals: NEW Commercial Truck Lease Purchase Program! Affordable Options Great Inventory Outstanding Warranties Maintenance Plan If you are a hard-working trucker who is ready to lease your own truck - Call Today: 888.590.2671 or email: csxi@extendedbusiness services.com online at: drivecsxi.com/lease (id:4390085)
- PRODUCTION WORKER - Production Worker-To $11/hr ALL Shifts in Lincolnwood! Must have own transportation /pass E-verify. 773-205-1555 (id:4391249) CONSTRUCTION - Construction PLOTE CONSTRUCTION -Construction Materials Sales Director needed for road builder in NW suburbs. See our website at www.plote.com for opportunity. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4391922) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Pizza Restaurant Manager, Experience req'd (630)485-9673, Restaurant Dining Room Manager, Experience req'd, Banquet Coordinator -Forward all resumes to: email@example.com (id:4391715)
- DRIVER - Distribution Techs Starting Sal -$22,900 FT, must be able to lift 70 lbs., 1st shift -NO weekends!! Drug Screen, MVR chk & Criminal Background Check. NW sub. Advancement opportunities. Health Insurance available. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391263) INSTALLER - Installer -CSC in Wheeling, IL is hiring an Equipment Installer. Plumbing, gas fitting and vent experience a plus. Call Lauren: 516-496-7327 or email@example.com (id:4391840) HEALTHCARE - NURSE ASSISTANTS - Nurse Assistant NSSEO, a pub. sch. spec. ed. dist. is seeking qualified applicants for full-time nurse assistant position located in A.H. at Riley School. RN licensure required. $25.21/hr, school calendar, full benefits. Apply online at www.nsseo.org EOE (id:4391748)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.