Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Big Ten
Buckeyes trying hard not to look past next 2 games Oct 20, 2014 4:55 PM
There’s always the danger of a powerhouse looking past a couple of struggling teams to the marquee game on its schedule. But Urban Meyer says that won’t be the case for No. 13 Ohio State at Penn State on Saturday.
Michigan faces huge task as Spartans game arrives Oct 20, 2014 4:53 PM
Brady Hoke knew that having a bye week before taking on No. 8 Michigan State could be a good thing for his struggling Wolverines. He just needed to make sure that he didn’t try to fix a bad season in one quiet weekend.
Illini plan 2-quarterback system vs. Gophers Oct 20, 2014 5:22 PM
In the absence of the injured Wes Lunt, Illinois will play a pair of quarterbacks Saturday against Minnesota. Coach Tim Beckman said Monday that the Gophers (6-1, 3-0 Big Ten) can expect to see both senior Reilly O’Toole and sophomore Aaron Bailey, something he believes will make their preparations more difficult.
Barrett runs, passes Buckeyes past Rutgers, 56-17 Oct 18, 2014 6:17 PM
J.T. Barrett completed his first nine passes, ran for 107 yards and two touchdowns and threw for three more scores to lead No. 13 Ohio State past Rutgers 56-17 on Saturday. The Buckeyes (5-1, 2-0 Big Ten) have averaged 56 points in a four-game win streak since losing at home to Virginia Tech.
No. 8 Spartans roll past Hoosiers 56-17 Oct 18, 2014 6:25 PM
Connor Cook threw three touchdown passes, Jeremy Langford ran for three more scores and No. 8 Michigan State scored the final 35 points Saturday in a 56-17 rout at Indiana. Cook finished with 332 yards, Langford and Nick Hill each topped 100 yards on the ground and Tony Lippett had 123 yards receiving as coach Mark Dantonio moved into a tie for second on the school’s all-time victory list with No. 70.
Nebraska shuts down Northwestern in 2nd half Oct 18, 2014 11:30 PM
Ameer Abdullah had four 1-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. scored on a 16-yard reception, leading No. 19 Nebraska to a 38-17 victory at Northwestern on Saturday night. Northwestern (3-4, 2-2) wasted another big game for freshman Justin Jackson in its second consecutive loss. Jackson had 128 yards and two touchdowns in his third straight 100-yard game.
Maryland rallies past Iowa 38-31 Oct 18, 2014 4:27 PM
Will Likely returned an interception 45 yards for a fourth-quarter touchdown, and Maryland rallied from an early 14-point deficit to beat Iowa 38-31 Saturday for its first Big Ten home victory.
Minnesota edges Purdue 39-38 Oct 18, 2014 4:25 PM
David Cobb rushed for 194 yards and a touchdown and Ryan Santoso kicked a 52-yard field goal with 4:59 left to cap Minnesota’s comeback on Saturday, giving the Gophers a 39-38 victory over Purdue and their first 3-0 start in Big Ten play since 1990
Big Ten’s arrow pointing up with Maryland, Rutgers Oct 17, 2014 10:40 PM
Big Ten women's basketball is hoping to get a boost from two perenninal Top 25 powers, Maryland and Rutgers.
Leidner guides passing improvement for Gophers Oct 17, 2014 6:23 PM
The Gophers were even good enough one afternoon last month to beat San Jose State by three scores while completing only one pass. Mitch Leidner missed that game with injuries, and since he’s returned there have been signs that, yes, this team can throw the ball.
Top receivers a bright spot for Illini Oct 17, 2014 6:13 PM
Receivers Mike Dudek and Geronimo Allison have given Illinois (3-4, 0-3 Big Ten) something to get excited about in season when just about everything around them is trending the other way. After consecutive losses to Nebraska, Wisconsin and Purdue, it isn’t clear where the next win is going to come from for coach Tim Beckman.
Northwestern, Nebraska brace for another tight game Oct 17, 2014 6:05 PM
The last time Nebraska played at Northwestern two years ago, so many Cornhuskers fans packed the stadium that the home team had to go to a silent count on offense. Coach Bo Pelini wouldn’t be shocked if a similar scenario unfolds again. No. 19 Nebraska visits Northwestern in a game that matches two teams that played absolute thrillers the previous three years.
Illini to honor Wheaton’s Grange with Gray Ghost uniforms Oct 15, 2014 3:11 PM
In a tribute to Wheaton football legend Harold “Red” Grange, the Fighting Illini will wear “Gray Ghost” uniforms for the Oct. 25 Homecoming game against Minnesota.
Big Ten has 4 of the nation’s top 7 running backs Oct 14, 2014 7:38 PM
The Big Ten Conference traditionally has been a run-first league and nothing has changed halfway through the current season. Sure there are teams that run the spread offense or some degree of it and there are teams that can air the ball out. The bottom line, though, is that the run continues to be the strength of the league in this expansion season with Rutgers and Maryland joining the fold. Four of the nation’s top seven rushers are from the Big Ten, and the number might have been higher had Paul James of Rutgers not gone down early with a knee injury.
Playoff committee cautious when talking football Oct 13, 2014 4:08 PM
West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck takes what he calls a lawyerly approach to talking about his involvement with the College Football Playoff selection committee. Luck focuses on process over substance. While all 13 selection committee members have been encouraged to steer clear of public opinions about teams and how the season is playing out, the ADs have been advised to be especially cautious about what they do and say for fear of being perceived as biased.
Illinois football staff member arrested Oct 13, 2014 4:04 PM
An Illinois football program staff member has been tentatively charged with driving under the influence. According to court records, 32-year-old Ryan Cubit of Urbana was arrested early Sunday morning.
Last 3 Nebraska-Northwestern games tight affairs Oct 13, 2014 4:06 PM
If No. 19 Nebraska’s game Saturday at Northwestern is anything like the teams’ previous three meetings, there’ll be no shortage of drama. Since the Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten in 2011, their three games against the Wildcats have been decided by a total of seven points. The Huskers have won two of those games.
Iowa rolls past Indiana 45-29 Oct 11, 2014 5:56 PM
Iowa began the day with a quarterback controversy. The Hawkeyes closed it with their biggest win of the season and, quite possibly, their starter for the foreseeable future. Jake Rudock threw for 210 yards and two touchdowns and Iowa rolled past Indiana 45-29 on Saturday for its third straight win.
Michigan stops skid with 18-13 win over Penn State Oct 11, 2014 10:24 PM
Matt Wile kicked a 37-yard field goal with 11:24 remaining, and Michigan’s defense stifled Penn State in the second half as the Wolverines held on for an 18-13 victory Saturday night, snapping their three-game losing streak.
No. 8 Michigan St. holds off Purdue rally 45-31 Oct 11, 2014 7:03 PM
Connor Cook threw three touchdown passes, Nick Hill ran for two scores and a late interception return for a touchdown allowed No. 8 Michigan State to hold off Purdue 45-31 Saturday. Purdue’s defense just couldn’t stop Michigan State, which amassed 532 total yards. It looked like the Spartans had taken control with a 38-17 lead with two TDs in the third quarter.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- A trip back in time
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Boys cross country: Schaumburg sectional scouting
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.