Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Big Rock Township
Aurora man killed in ATV crashApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
An Aurora man died Sunday after the ATV he was driving in an unincorporated area near Big Rock Township hit a culvert.
Housing crash pushed bigger tax load onto seniorsNov 13, 2013 12:00 AM
A property tax relief program intended to save Illinois senior citizens hundreds of dollars on their annual tax bills has had the opposite effect since property values began their steep nosedive since 2009. Because of the way the "senior freeze" is set up, the declining value of properties is actually making seniors pay more than ever before. “It's the law of unintended consequences,” said Craig Dovel, DuPage County's supervisor of assessments.
Kane forest panel OKs deer culling by huntingAug 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Kane County bow hunters could help reduce the deer population in two forest preserves this fall under a plan a committee approved Thursday. The preserve commission's utilization and planning committee agreed to allow such hunting, during the state's deer hunting season, at Freeman Kame and Brunner forest preserves in Gilberts and Dundee Township, respectively.
Officials in 31 suburban townships get automatic raisesAug 29, 2012 12:00 AM
While most American workers have spent the past four years getting by with stagnating wages, or making even less than in years before, a segment of government employees is doing just fine. Elected officials in 31 suburban townships combined to make $661,387 more this year than they did in 2009. In many cases, they gave themselves the raises -- and they're getting ready to do it again.
Aurora pilot killed on homemade plane's maiden voyageJul 31, 2011 12:00 AM
An Aurora man who twice before walked away from crashes in small experimental aircraft was killed Sunday morning when the plane he was flying went down in a cornfield shortly after takeoff from Aurora Municipal Airport.
Which township road chief makes $45,866 to maintain four miles? Jun 1, 2011 12:00 AM
Some township highway commissioners are getting paid substantial salaries despite caring for only a small number of miles of roads.
Health-care perk proves townships need scrutiny Apr 10, 2011 12:00 AM
A Daily Herald editorial calls on voters and residents to pay more attention to township governments in the wake of an On Guard report that suburban townships have collectively spent more than $1 million of taxpayer dollars on free health care for elected officials.
Township leaders' benefits Apr 10, 2011 12:00 AM
Taxpayers spent more than $1 million last year to cover health care benefits for 77 elected leaders in suburban townships. Those same officials paid nothing for their insurance coverage. An investigation of insurance costs for 50 suburban townships showed 29 offered health care coverage at no charge to elected officers who held full-time positions like supervisor, assessor and highway commissioner.
Campton Hills clerk race now contested Feb 8, 2011 12:00 AM
The race for Campton Hills village clerk became a contested one, as one person has declared a write-in candidacy.
Kane will apply for 2008 hurricane relief money Jan 5, 2011 12:00 AM
Kane County identifies 16 projects it believes can receive funding from Hurricane Ike flood relief dollars in Illinois.
Baker leads Michigan State over Minnesota 31-8Nov 6, 2010 12:00 AM
This was exactly what Michigan State needed after last weekend's blowout loss: an early lead, a revitalized running game and an easy victory against an overmatched opponent. Edwin Baker ran for 179 yards and four touchdowns, and the 16th-ranked Spartans bounced back from their first defeat of the season with a 31-8 win over Minnesota on Saturday.
2 more West Nile cases in Kane County Oct 6, 2010 12:00 AM
Two more cases of West Nile virus have been confirmed in Kane County, bringing this year's total to five, health officials said Wednesday.
Tri-Cities police reportsOct 6, 2010 12:00 AM
Kane County confirms 3rd West Nile caseSep 29, 2010 12:00 AM
Kane County's third human case of West Nile virus has been confirmed in a 73-year-old Big Rock man, health officials said Tuesday.
Downers Grove woman dies in Kane County crashApr 12, 2010 12:00 AM
A Downers Grove woman died in a two-car crash Saturday night in an unincorporated area of Kane County.
Do some Kane Co. officials get free golf?Mar 20, 2010 12:00 AM
Kane County Forest Preserve Commissioners might not officially get free rounds of golf at district courses, but there may not be any strict oversight making sure they don't play for free either.
5 homes in Kane Co. forest preserve to be demolishedJan 13, 2010 12:00 AM
Kane County Forest Preserve District Commissioners voted Tuesday to send five of the 22 residential structures it owns to face the wrecking ball, while also adding up to 250 acres of new green space.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.