Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Big Hollow District 38
Mutual UFO Network to host symposium at Starved Rock Oct 30, 2012 10:38 AM
Jen Janik's third-graders at Big Hollow Elementary School in Ingleside asked, "Have there been any sightings of aliens in this area?" Some say the possibilities are endless. The Mutual UFO Network sends investigators out to explore possible UFO sightings, most recently in Wisconsin. The group will host its symposium at Starved Rock State Park.
William Hill Brown wrote the first American novel Aug 21, 2012 2:28 PM
"Who was the first American to write a novel,?" asked students in Jen Janik's third grade class at Big Hollow Elementary School in Ingleside.
Meet Lake County’s new superintendents Aug 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Students aren't alone in facing fresh experiences as a new school year unfolds in Lake County. Several new superintendents have assumed the day-to-day management in districts. The Daily Herald asked eight new superintendents about challenges and goals in the 2012-13 school year.
Big Hollow District 38 accepts bid for Route 12 property May 15, 2012 3:46 PM
Big Hollow Elementary District 38 has accepted a bid of $3.8 million to sell their long-vacant Route 12 property. The final sale is subject to attorney review and revisions.
Ice Age glaciers brought variety of rock to Illinois Apr 17, 2012 12:29 PM
Third-grade students in Jen Janiks class at Big Hollow Elementary School in Ingleside wanted to know more about rocks, What is the most common type of rock in the world? How many types of rocks are there in the world? How many rocks have been discovered in Illinois?
Big Hollow hires new superintendent Apr 5, 2012 3:06 PM
Big Hollow School District 38 have approved a contract with Christine Demory, making her the new school superintendent when Ron Pazanin retires on June 30. The three-year contract for Demory, currently superintendent at Hiawatha Community School District in the DeKalb County village of Kirkland, was approved unanimously by school board members during a special session Wednesday.
Schools take steps to stop bullying Feb 14, 2012 11:22 AM
Jen Janik’s third-graders at Big Hollow Elementary School in Ingleside asked, “Why do other people need to bully kids that are smart?”
Pazanin to retire as one of Lake County’s longest tenured superintendents Jan 30, 2012 5:30 AM
The differences between “now” and “then” during the 22 years Ron Pazanin has spent as superintendent of Big Hollow Elementary District 38 are amazing. As Pazanin prepares to step down from his role in June, the superintendent looks back on changes like a population explosion that grew the district from about 300 students to almost 1,800 today.
The Soapbox: Congressional candidate Christmas in Springfield? Nov 26, 2011 5:00 AM
The Soapbox spreads the suds to Christmas week candidacy petitions, a village board that needs work on the Open Meetings Act and people who give. And a lot more.
District 38 cuts price for former school site Nov 22, 2011 10:49 PM
Big Hollow Elementary District 38 officials have dropped the asking price for the Route 12 property, but it still is $3 million more than the highest bid for the vacant former school site.
Gas, dust and energy make up the complex life of stars Nov 1, 2011 7:44 AM
Coming full circle, a star begins with gas and dust, and when it dies, it returns much of the gassy mixture back to space. “We think the very first stars formed very early on in the history of the universe,” said Geza Gyuk, director of astronomy at the Adler Planetarium. “Those stars may have been very different from today’s stars.”
District 38 ramps up search to find new superintendent Sep 30, 2011 10:47 AM
Big Hollow Elementary District 38 officials are ramping up their search for a new superintendent and plan to present initial findings to the school board in about two weeks. The school board has hired the School Exec Connect educational search firm to assist in finding a new superintendent to replace retiring Ronald Pazanin. Pazanin announced last year he would retire in June 2012.
Scientists are studying Jupiter’s Great Red Spot Sep 27, 2011 7:57 AM
Jupiter, the fifth planet from the Sun, is the largest planet in our solar system. The gas planet takes more than 11 years to orbit the Sun. Jupiter has four moons — Io, Europa, Callisto and Ganymede, with 60 more smaller moons orbiting at differing rates. Using a telescope you can see some of its moons and the Great Red Spot (GRS), also called the Eye of Jupiter.
Slavery, states’ rights were behind Civil War Jul 12, 2011 10:46 AM
“How did the Civil War start?” asked students in Jennifer Janik’s third-grade at Big Hollow Elementary School in Ingleside.
Big Hollow prime time: Apr 24, 2011 4:57 PM
Big Hollow School District 38 will hold its read-a-thon on Friday, April 29th, at the Big Hollow School.
Big Hollow lowers asking price for Route 12 property Apr 20, 2011 3:27 PM
Big Hollow Elementary District 38 has dropped the asking price for the sale of its vacant Route 12 property. The district had been asking for a $5 million minimum, but will start bidding at $2.8 million in a planned auction, board president Vickie Gallichio said Wednesday.
Kids Ink: History behind WWII Mar 21, 2011 1:08 PM
Third-graders want to know how World War II began.
For Big Hollow school board: Kueter, Lancaster, Pedersen Mar 19, 2011 11:07 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Vivian Kueter, Kristina Lancaster and Douglas Pedersen for Big Hollow Dist. 38 school board.
Budget will be a challenge in Big Hollow District 38 Mar 18, 2011 9:18 PM
A potential $2.6 million deficit by the end of 2011-12 school year presents challenges for Big Hollow Elementary District 38, candidates for the school board agree.
Big Hollow could lower price of Route 12 property Mar 1, 2011 12:37 PM
Big Hollow school officials say they will discuss whether they are asking too much for their vacant Route 12 property.
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Five injured in West Chicago crash
- Gregor: Addition of Rodon makes Sox team to beat in AL Central
- Theater events: Writers Theatre extends 'Diary of Anne Frank'
- 15,000 eggs up for grabs at Mooseheart Easter egg hunt
- Cardinal in hospital for pain, 'hydration issues'
- Notable deaths last week
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Knicks' rebuild has familiar look
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- COD board formally signs off on PR firm already doing work
- Suburban gun owners want concealed carry expanded
- Apartment complex not luxurious enough for St. Charles, aldermen say
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- Watchdog group questions more COD contracts
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Chicago Home Show about more than just remodeling
- LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018) ACCOUNTING/ADMIN CLERK - Acctg/Admin Clerk -Arl Hts Co seeks team player for A/R, A/P, inv, phone/admin functions. 5 hrs/day. Good salary. Email resume & salary history to email@example.com (id:4401881) RN/LPN FULL TIME AND PART-TIME RECEPTIO - Ortho. offiice in Arlington Heights seeking receptionist-MA (20-30 hrs) and full time office nurse. Orthopedic experience preferred but not required. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (847) 593-0872 (id:4402502)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.