Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Batavia Township
Batavia couple named citizens of the year Dec 24, 2012 1:50 PM
Britta and Steven McKenna, a Batavia couple known for their extensive involvement in Batavia's Riverwalk and in Scouting, are the 2012 Batavia Citizens of the Year, the Batavia Chamber of Commerce announced Monday. The annual award recognizes recipients' extraordinary contributions to the community during their lifetime. It's been handed out since 1958.
Tri-Cities police reports Oct 19, 2012 2:52 PM
An estimated $9,000 in jewelry and a laptop computer were stolen between 7:15 a.m. and 3:27 p.m. Tuesday from a residence in the 300 block of South Calhoun Street near Aurora, according to a sheriff's report.
Officials in 31 suburban townships get automatic raises Aug 29, 2012 1:58 PM
While most American workers have spent the past four years getting by with stagnating wages, or making even less than in years before, a segment of government employees is doing just fine. Elected officials in 31 suburban townships combined to make $661,387 more this year than they did in 2009. In many cases, they gave themselves the raises -- and they're getting ready to do it again.
Tri-Cities police reports Aug 16, 2012 4:32 PM
Two people were arrested at 10:24 p.m. Saturday in the Sauer Forest Preserve, 44W705 Lasher Road, Sugar Grove, after a caller reported seeing someone in a car injecting themselves. William H. Mollohan, 25, of the 2S200 block of Harter Road in Elburn, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a sheriff's report. Nichole I. Nortman, 24, of the 500 block of Birchwood Drive in North Aurora, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of needles and hypodermic syringes, and possession of cannabis.
Batavia graduation ceremony might go off-site in 2013 Jul 25, 2012 3:07 PM
Batavia High School may join the ranks of Kane County high schools and conduct graduation ceremonies off-site. Principal Lisa Hichens told the school board Tuesday that she and the secretary who plans the ceremony have been investigating parents' interest and looking into potential places.
County now has more than 20,000 acres of forest preserve Jun 5, 2012 10:48 AM
Kane County now has more than 20,000 acres of forest preserve land thanks to its most recent land purchase. The Dick Young Forest Preserve will grow by 156 acres through a $2.3 million land buy. District officials have now spent two-thirds of the $30 million tax increase.
Richmond says fiscal restraint his calling card Feb 28, 2012 11:05 AM
Meet Dave Richmond, Blackberry Township supervisor. Lawyer. Former construction contractor. Lube Pro franchisee.
Batavia approves pricier ambulance contract Feb 21, 2012 2:22 PM
Batavia will pay more for ambulance service, under an agreement the city council approved Monday for the Tri-City Ambulance cooperative.
Batavia will pay more for its share of ambulance cost Feb 8, 2012 1:16 PM
Changes are coming to the way Batavia, Geneva and St. Charles divvy up the cost of providing emergency care through their joint ambulance service. For Batavia, it means picking up a greater share of the tab.
Batavia parks survey wants your opinion about what to do next Dec 8, 2011 5:30 PM
The Batavia Park District is asking residents to take a community engagement survey to determine what programs they want and what should be done with district facilities.
Sing along with ‘Messiah’ in Batavia Dec 6, 2011 10:55 AM
You can sing, or you can just listen. Either way, you will likely be inspired by the majesty of the "Hallelujah Chorus" when S.T.A.G.E. of Batavia presents Handel's do-it-yourself "Messiah" at 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11, at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre, 1201 Main St. Leading the audience in song will be the director and members of the St. Charles Singers.
Batavia parks group has open seat Jun 23, 2011 2:41 PM
The Batavia Parks Foundation has an opening on its board of directors and is seeking applicants.
Teen killed in N. Aurora as car flies into house Jun 15, 2011 1:50 PM
A teenage driver crashed into a home near the intersection of Mooseheart Road and Route 31 about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and was pronounced dead afterward.
Dryer fire damages Batavia home Jun 5, 2011 10:00 PM
A dryer fire filled a Batavia home with smoke Sunday evening, causing about $2,500 in damages to the house.
Which township road chief makes $45,866 to maintain four miles? Jun 1, 2011 5:08 PM
Some township highway commissioners are getting paid substantial salaries despite caring for only a small number of miles of roads.
Third suspect in Batavia statue toppling turns self in May 31, 2011 10:10 PM
The third suspect in the toppling of a downtown Batavia statue turned himself in Tuesday morning more than a month after the $35,000 statue was damaged.
Metal thieves strike Batavia cemetery again May 26, 2011 2:41 PM
Burying a loved one at River Hills Memorial Park near Batavia? You might want to think twice about putting in a bronze flower vase or other grave decoration.
Police reports May 25, 2011 1:49 PM
A 3.5 carat heart shaped diamond engagement ring with six diamond baguettes, valued at more than $10,000, was stolen between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday from the 4N100 block of Arbor Creek Road near St. Charles, police said.
Health-care perk proves townships need scrutiny Apr 10, 2011 10:01 PM
A Daily Herald editorial calls on voters and residents to pay more attention to township governments in the wake of an On Guard report that suburban townships have collectively spent more than $1 million of taxpayer dollars on free health care for elected officials.
Township leaders' benefits Apr 10, 2011 9:54 AM
Taxpayers spent more than $1 million last year to cover health care benefits for 77 elected leaders in suburban townships. Those same officials paid nothing for their insurance coverage. An investigation of insurance costs for 50 suburban townships showed 29 offered health care coverage at no charge to elected officers who held full-time positions like supervisor, assessor and highway commissioner.
- Judy Baar Topinka dies after suffering stroke
- Why 3 suburban teachers called among world's best
- Editorial: Leadership change a costly mistake
- Ye Olde Town Inn in Mt. Prospect abruptly closes
- Images: Judy Baar Topinka through the years
- Amazon snags sorting from Fedex to avert delays
- Public funding wish kills downtown Buffalo Grove plan
- Suburbs losing phone tax money; will residents pay?
- Two DuPage panels each welcome a new member
- Illinois politicians stunned by Topinka's death
- Ye Olde Town Inn in Mt. Prospect abruptly closes
- Where suburban teachers stay on the job longest
- Nintendo heads for best holiday in years on Wii U revival
- Billy Goat's Randhurst location closing Dec. 15
- 3 area teachers finalists for $1 million global prize
- Unions: No rush to rule on Illinois pension case
- Man acquitted in bad haircut spat
- Public funding wish kills downtown Buffalo Grove plan
- Algonquin Road reopened after crash in Barrington Hills
- Panthers' Newton suffers back fractures in crash
- DRIVER - Driver -labor intense Class A tanker Hazmat required. $22.70 per hour, weekend & nights required. 50-55 hrs/wk. Fax resume to 630-257-2181. OSCO OIL 13351 Main St. Lemont, IL 60439 EEO/M/F/VET/DISABILITY (id:4392654) ADMINISTRATIVE - Administrative -Long- established Naperville business law firm has a support staff opening, 4 days/week, 8:30 am -5:00 pm; Mon & Fri availability a must. Varied duties include receptionist, clerical, secretarial, litigation support, etc. Will train. Expertise in Windows & MS Office essential. Pleasant environment. E-mail resume & cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com (id:4392876) BLENDER/MIXER - Blender-Mixer needed, exp. preferred,will train if necessary. Forklift-warehouse exp. email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Geneva, IL (id:4392694)
- RETAIL - Retail Verizon Careers -Available today. It's an exciting time to join Verizon. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses and communities everywhere. Join our team and you can be a part of it. Opportunities currently exist in The Greater Chicago Area for: RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES Enjoy benefits worthy of the name Total Rewards including: -Competitive Salaries & Sales Incentives -Tuition Assistance (up to $8,000/year) -401(k) Savings Plan (with up to 6% company match) & Profit Sharing -Corporate Discounts -Immediate Medical, Vision & Dental -Employee Phone Program (50% off service) -Plus much more! Visit verizon.com/jobs for more information and to apply today. Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4392104) DRIVERS - DRIVERS-Earning potential avg. $64,000 year Ashley Distribution Services in Bolingbrook, IL seeks: -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -401k -Med/Life/Dental Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: email@example.com or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4392862) CONSTRUCTION - Construction -metal buildng laborers, work is in Bartlett area. Mon thru Sat. Call 815-941-0700 (id:4392866)
- MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT - Podiatric practice in Itasca is looking for an experienced Medical receptionist-assistant immediately. 30+ hours must possess medical background, excellent computer skills. Duties will include scheduling, patient charting, call outs, verification of benefits. Assisting in patient check in with H and P, vitals and x-rays. All overflow of office charting-paperwork. Fax resume to: (630)773-3695. or mail to: Itasca Foot and Ankle, Ltd. 209 N Walnut St Itasca IL 60143 (id:4390839) MED. ASSISTANT/CLINICAL LAB - Full-time position available in Elgin Medical Practice. Medical assistant, Clinical lab, Phlebotomy or CNA certification needed. Full-time benefits offered. Payscale subject to experience. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 847-742-0191 Attn: Sandy. (id:4392616) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393064)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.