Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Antioch Township
Commission studying Antioch-area fire, rescue services with goal to streamline protection Dec 22, 2013 8:00 AM
Residents in Antioch and Antioch Township have what might be considered an embarrassment of riches when it comes to emergency protection. That’s because four fire or rescue agencies provide services to about 28,000 residents over a 37-square-mile area. A new committee has been formed to streamline the system and make it less confusing. “The overall goal is to deliver the highest quality fire and medical services to the community of Antioch and Antioch Township,” Antioch Fire Chief John Nixon said.
Trial for Antioch Township man in illegal street race delayed Dec 17, 2013 1:03 PM
The trial of an Antioch Township man facing charges in the death of a high school student during an illegal street race has been delayed until March. Jeremy Betancourt, 18, was charged with multiple counts of driving under the influence of drugs after the Gurnee crash that killed Cynthia Perez in June.
Antioch Township man sentenced to periodic jail time in fatal street race Nov 20, 2013 4:44 PM
Michael Dawson, 19, of Antioch Township, was sentenced to 18 months periodic imprisonment and 30 months of probation Wednesday by Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti for his role in a street race that left a 16-year-old Antioch girl dead.
Some restrictions lifted against teen charged in fatal Gurnee street racing crash Nov 15, 2013 3:32 PM
An Antioch Township teen awaiting trial on charges related to an illegal street race that killed a 16-year-old girl will no longer be required to attend weekly court hearings. A Lake County judge on Friday lifted the requirement for Jeremy Betancourt, 17, to allow him to go to school in Wheeling. Betancourt also was granted a request to attend a weekly church service in Salem, Wis.
Former Antioch Rescue Squad treasurer pleads guilty to theft Nov 12, 2013 4:39 PM
The former treasurer of the Antioch Rescue Squad pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft in Lake County court Tuesday. John Edgell, 55, formerly of Antioch Township, must repay $25,000 to the Antioch Rescue Squad, perform 100 hours of public service, and have no contact with the ARS under the negotiated plea agreement.
Grisly details of Antioch double murder heard in court Nov 5, 2013 7:02 PM
A 54-year-old man was ordered held without bail Tuesday after Lake County prosecutors detailed the grisly slayings of his wife and mother in their Antioch apartment late last month. Judge Raymond Collins declared Billy Varner “a real and present threat to the people of Illinois” after hearing prosecutors outline how they believe he killed his mother and wife.
Antioch man faces murder charge in deaths of wife, mother Nov 4, 2013 1:19 PM
A 54-year-old Antioch man faces four counts of first-degree murder in the suspicious deaths of his mother and wife one week ago, authorities said Monday. Lake County State’s Attorney Mike Nerheim said Billy Varner was charged early Monday with two counts of first-degree murder for the death of Dorothy Varner, 81, and two more counts in the death of Peggy Henderson, 62.
8 Antioch students hospitalized for taking pills return to class Oct 31, 2013 7:12 AM
Eight of 10 students hospitalized Tuesday for coming into contact with prescription medication at Antioch Upper Grade School were back in class Wednesday. An ninth student remains hospitalized Wednesday, but not for injesting the hydrocodone, authorities said. The 10th student, who brought the drugs to school, was advised to not return until the investigation is completed.
Antioch teen involved in fatal street race told to follow rules at treatment center or return to jail Oct 15, 2013 4:19 PM
An Antioch Township man awaiting trial for his role in a drag race that killed a friend was given one last chance to follow the rules of a Lake Villa behavioral health center or go to jail. Jeremy Betancourt, 17, was warned by Lake County Judge George Bridges that his bond will be increased if he continues to break the inpatient counseling center’s rules banning use of cellphones and social media.
Antioch Township man pleads guilty in street-racing death Oct 10, 2013 5:27 PM
An Antioch Township man involved in a crash that killed an Antioch girl pleaded guilty to aggravated street racing Thursday, authorities said.
Antioch police: Intoxicated man on road also had Ecstasy Oct 2, 2013 10:11 PM
A man caught urinating on the road in Antioch was arrested by police after he was found in possession of Ecstasy. Matthew J. Mathis, 23, of the 24000 block of Nicklaus Way in unincorporated Antioch Township, faces up to 15 years in prison after he was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance following his arrest on Sept. 28 at 2:45 a.m., Antioch Police Chief Craig Somerville said.
Trial delayed for Antioch-area man charged in girlfriend’s death Sep 26, 2013 3:31 PM
The trial for an Antioch Township man accused of killing his longtime girlfriend nearly one year ago has been postponed for a third time. Michael Axtell, 42, remains held in Lake County jail in lieu of $3 million bail on three counts of first-degree murder for the slaying of his 40-year-old ex-girlfriend, Tammy Stone. The new trial date is Jan. 6.
Teen pleads not guilty in fatal street racing crash Sep 26, 2013 4:21 PM
An Antioch Township teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he was involved in an illegal street race that killed an Antioch girl. However, a defense attorney for Michael Dawson, 19, held a closed-door meeting with prosecutors and Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti to review a possible plea agreement that would, most likely, put Dawson behind bars.
Antioch-area teen involved in fatal drag racing crash back in jail Sep 16, 2013 4:17 PM
An Antioch-area man accused of killing a teenage girl in a June street racing crash is back behind bars after his bail was increased by a Lake County judge Monday. However, Jeremy Betancourt’s bail could be reduced again on Wednesday if his defense attorney is successful in placing him in another behavioral treatment facility.
Antioch lifts community alert regarding suspicious man Sep 9, 2013 1:50 PM
The Antioch Police Department has issued an “all clear” regarding a suspicious man seen speaking with a female runner on the Antioch High School cross county team Friday. Police Chief Craig Somerville said the driver of the white van flagged down several people — including the runners — in an effort to locate a business. He has been cleared of suspicion of wrongdoing.
Possible plea in fatal crash: Sep 4, 2013 6:20 PM
Attorneys said a plea deal may be near for a man accused of drag racing that eventually led to the death of a 16-year-old Antioch girl.
Fairfield Road to close next month Aug 26, 2013 6:01 PM
The Lake County Division of Transportation will be closing Fairfield Road to through traffic from Petite Lake Road to Route 132 beginning at 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5 for 14 calendar days.
Cops: Teen likely driving 100 mph-plus in fatal crash Aug 13, 2013 10:19 PM
An inexperienced teenage driver likely was traveling at more than 100 mph when he struck a tree in a fatal crash in February in Antioch Township, according to a Lake County sheriff's office investigation. “Use it as an example to maybe find some greater good to prevent it from happening to someone else,” Deputy Chief Brian Keller said Monday.
Arraignment delayed for Antioch teen in fatal street racing crash Aug 1, 2013 12:08 PM
The arraignment hearing for an Antioch Township teen accused of killing a teenage girl in a June street racing crash has been delayed until Sept. 25, authorities said Thursday. Jeremy Betancourt, 17, of the 41000 block of North Circle Drive in unincorporated Lake County near Antioch, was not in court after checking himself into a Streamwood behavioral health center nearly two weeks ago for depression and chemical dependency, defense attorney Jed Stone said.
Antioch Rescue Squad auction Jul 30, 2013 4:39 PM
The Antioch Rescue Squad will host its annual fundraiser auction from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 4, at Williams Park, 741 Main St., Antioch.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- No more excuses
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.