Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Affordable Care Act
Health care site put to the test as deadline nears Dec 24, 2013 12:00 AM
The government’s revamped health care website was put to its biggest test yet as a record-breaking surge of Americans rushed to beat Tuesday’s extended deadline for signing up for coverage. After a disastrous, glitch-plagued rollout in October, HealthCare.gov, the website where people in 36 states can shop for insurance, received nearly 2 million visits Monday and handled the traffic well.
Last-minute insurance shoppers get 1-day extension Dec 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Anticipating heavy traffic on the government’s health care website, the Obama administration extended Monday’s deadline for signing up for insurance by a day, giving Americans in 36 states more time to select a plan. But federal officials urged buyers not to procrastinate.
Health plan sticker shock ahead for some buyers Dec 22, 2013 12:00 AM
As a key enrollment deadline hits Monday, many people without health insurance have been sizing up policies on the new government health care marketplace and making what seems like a logical choice: They’re picking the cheapest one. Increasingly, experts in health insurance are becoming concerned that many of these first-time buyers will be in for a shock when they get medical care next year and discover they’re on the hook for most of the initial cost.
Hotline hours extended to offer insurance help Dec 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Options set for those lacking new health coverage Dec 20, 2013 12:00 AM
People whose existing health care insurance has been canceled because of the Affordable Care Act will not be hit with tax penalties for failing to line up new coverage as required under the law. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says she will use authorities in the law to issue a “temporary hardship exemption” from those penalties.
Overhaul website problems may trigger price hikes Dec 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Problems with the government’s main health care overhaul website carry a bigger risk than frequent crashes: Higher prices could follow for many Americans if technical troubles scare off young people. The government has touted recent improvements to HeathCare.gov, but enrollment still lags far behind projections, and that has triggered worries that legions of potential customers in their 20s and 30s might not sign up.
Suburban health insurance navigators gear up Dec 18, 2013 12:00 AM
An army of health insurance navigators has had a busy week helping to enroll people around the suburbs in health care plans ahead of a federal deadline Monday for people to sign up for coverage that begin Jan. 1. Although some people vent about the new federal health care law, “I’ve been shocked by how sweet and patient and grateful people have been," one navigator said.
Insurers allow more time to pay under health law Dec 18, 2013 12:00 AM
The nation’s health insurance industry decided Wednesday to extend the deadline until Jan. 10 for Americans to pay for coverage that starts on New Year’s Day, as enrollment through the new federal and state insurance marketplaces appears to be surging.
Obama meets with tech CEOs amid NSA concerns Dec 17, 2013 12:00 AM
President Barack Obama on Tuesday discussed the troubled federal health care website, government surveillance and other issues with executives from Google, Twitter, Apple and several other leading technology companies.
Health-care law’s aggregation rules vex small firms Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Firms with fewer than 50 employees are exempt from the new health care law, unless those companies share a common owner. The aggregation rule is causing headaches for many small businesses.
Fact Checker: GOP leader’s healthcare claims Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Sen. Mitch McConnell has long been a critic of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. But his recent comments on Fox News appeared overheated: Are the 85 percent of Americans who have health insurance facing “extraordinary disruption?”
Out-of-pocket costs mixed under new health law Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Are requirements of the nation’s new health care law driving up out-of-pocket costs for people buying their own insurance? In some cases, yes. But the law also eliminated some of the largest deductibles, or the amount a consumer pays for actual medical care before an insurance company begins paying.
Poll: Health law seen as eroding coverage Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Americans who already have health insurance are blaming President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul for their rising premiums and deductibles, and overall 3 in 4 say the rollout of coverage for the uninsured has gone poorly.
Sticker shock may await health insurance buyers Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
The next big challenge for the nation’s health care law may be sticker shock, when consumers find they’re still paying high medical bills after buying low-cost insurance for the first time.
Suburban Hispanics attend free concert, get health screenings in Hoffman Estates Dec 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Getting a health screening might not sound like the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon, but families who did so at La Pachanga del Año — or “Party of the Year” — in Hoffman Estates this weekend were rewarded with prizes, family-friendly activities and a free concert featuring five Mexican music groups.
Amish, immigrants boost number of Illinois' uninsured Dec 14, 2013 12:00 AM
In Illinois, 1.8 million residents are uninsured, or 14 percent of the total population, according to Census Bureau estimates from 2012 and 2013. That's squarely in the middle of U.S. states, with Texas at the top of the list at 24 percent.
Illinois TV ads push health insurance Dec 12, 2013 12:00 AM
With days to go before an important deadline, the state of Illinois is launching a long-delayed TV advertising blitz on Friday telling people to “enroll now” for insurance coverage under the nation’s health care law.
Feds try to smooth bumpy health care transition Dec 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Anticipating more health care disruptions, the Obama administration Thursday announced a batch of measures intended to help consumers avoid lapses in their care and coverage as the president’s overhaul takes effect in January.
Iowa insurer pokes fun at federal website in ads Dec 8, 2013 12:00 AM
A Midwestern company not participating in the federal health insurance marketplace next year launched ads recently in Iowa and South Dakota that poke fun at the technical problems that have plagued the federal government’s enrollment website.
Insurance agents feeling left out of ‘Obamacare’ Dec 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Brokers around the country are finding frustration as they try to help customers navigate the Affordable Care Act’s marketplaces while earning the commissions they’ve long built their businesses around. Some insurers and insurance agents are calling on President Barack Obama’s administration to allow them to bypass healthcare.gov and enroll consumers directly.
- Fire damages downtown Naperville restaurant
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- McCarthy and Falcone are goofballs in matrimony
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- With trade, Cubs' Epstein sees light at end of tunnel
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Al Salvi remembers run-in with IRS's Lois Lerner
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- RN/NAVIGATOR - Provides ongoing skilled (nursing) assessment and coordination of services within a continuum of care and oversees service delivery for multidisciplinary team within Community Physical Therapy. Provides clinical leadership through care coordination, patient education and support for patients and their families around the complexity of health care for seniors. Must be IL licensed. Navigator is expected to be completed in 4hr-wk per building. Please contact Rosy Carmody at 630-766-0505 ext. 212 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4377025) CALL CENTER REP - Customer Service -Bilingual call center representative -downtown Chicago. Public health program -full time/ benefits/competitive salary. Minimum 2 years previous call center experience -must be bilingual (Spanish). Fast paced environment, right candidate must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks. Carlos Rodriguez (312) 2699990 email@example.com (id:4377847) CARGO RAMP PASSENGER WAREHOUSE - Come start your career. Join the Total Airport Services Team today at O'Hare Airport. Visit us at www.tasinc.aero or call 773.686.0100 (id:4377951)
- DRIVER - driver National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced Class A Route Drivers $27.00 Per Hour Plus Overtime National DCP offers great benefits, Overtime Pay over 40 hours, and the potential to earn $80,000 Annually! $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! Required Experience/Qualifications: -2 years' experience and clean driving record -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening APPLY NOW! -IN PERSON BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street, Mokena, IL 60487 -EMAIL: Drivers@natdcp.com -PHONE: (855) 637-3341 EOE M/F/D/V (id:4379016) JOB FAIR - In House Job Fair Hiring for: Residential Sales Representative In House Job Fair Wednesday, July 9th 6:00pm -8:00pm 1030 National Parkway Schaumburg, IL 60173 Interested applicants, apply via www.wowwway.com (id:4377233) DENTAL RECEPTIONIST - Dental Assistant / Receptionist: Busy South Barrington general dental practice looking for quality people to fill assistant / front desk positions. Positions are P/T with the possibility of F/T. Looking for someone friendly, motivated, flexible, with at least one year's experience. Positive attitude, compassionate personality, and excellent communication skills are important. firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4377381)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING INSTRUCTORS FULL-TIME, TENURE TRACK MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently have opportunities for the following: FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK FACULTY FOR OUR NURSING PROGRAM: DIDACTIC AND CLINICAL INSTRUCTION Morton College is seeking an instructor with nurse leader qualities, a foundation in evidence-based professional practice and the desire to nurture students. The position will require teaching elements of the current curriculum, and implementation of the revised program of study. Requirements include: Master's degree in nursing; Illinois RN licensure; and 2 years clinical nursing experience. Desired qualifications include: Clinical experience in medical/surgical or maternal/child nursing. Recommended: 1 year of teaching experience in a nursing program; specialty or educator certification ideal. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), and salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4378001) ORTHODONTIC ASSISTANT - Orthodontic Assistant FT- Must be gentle & high energy. Exp & bilingul(spanish) a plus. 8-6 M-F, Tu 6:30 pm, Sa 8-12 email@example.com (id:4378963) OFFICE ASSISTANT FASTENERSANDSPHER - OFFICE ASSISTANT REQUIRES 4+ YEARS IN THE FASTENER and -OR SPHERICAL ROD END INDUSTRY. FULL TIME, FAX RESUME 847-647-6712 (id:4377952)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.