Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Adlai E. Stevenson High School
Learn about college aid at Stevenson Dec 21, 2014 2:17 PM
Stevenson High School juniors and seniors and their families can attend a program about college financial aid Jan. 6. The free program will run from 7 to 9 p.m. in the performing arts center at the Lincolnshire school.
Libertyville’s Harrington takes the long view at Lake County meet Dec 20, 2014 9:25 PM
Libertyville standout swimmer Matt Harrington summed it up best. “The Lake County Invite is always a great training meet and it’s still early in the season so it also serves as kind of an experiment to see where you stand,” the Princeton-bound senior said after winning the 500 freestyle, finishing second in the 200 freestyle and taking legs on the second-place 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams. “I’m really working on getting mentally stronger. I do well and get off to good starts but then I tend to fall off at the end. Today I swam almost 900 yards. That’s great for getting more familiar with the pain that goes along with getting stronger. Plus, by swimming the longer events it helps me finish stronger in the shorter events.” Incidentally, Harrington’s times in the 200 (1:41.85) and 500 freestyle (4:43.89) were both school records, which made first-year coach Mike Cunningham even more ecstatic.
Plichta, Fremd beaming after New Trier victory Dec 20, 2014 7:41 PM
A standout team effort on the balance beam helped Fremd's girls gymnastics team win the New Trier Holiday Invite for the third straight year with a 144.55, while Carmel Catholic finished in the second spot (142.725) and host New Trier placed third (142.35) in Winnetka on Saturday.
Girls basketball: Lake County roundup Dec 20, 2014 12:02 AM
Lakes’ girls basketball team had to work hard to pull out a 56-44 win over Marian Central in an opening-round game of the Northern Illinois Holiday Classic at Woodstock on Friday night. Lakes (5-5) trailed 29-20 at the break.
Bruising victory for Stevenson Dec 19, 2014 11:48 PM
A hustling Jalen Brunson ran into a brick wall — Caleb Reams, actually — fouled and tumbled, landing on his left shoulder. Stevenson’s star won’t lose many battles. Most high school basketball players, however, won’t fare well when crashing into Reams, Warren’s 6-foot-3, 240-pound University of Illinois football commit. “I’m just icing it. It’s a little sore,” Brunson said of his shoulder. “It’s got a little bruise on it. I kept trying to stretch it out (during the game). But I should be fine.” At game’s end, all was well for Stevenson and Brunson, too. Brunson, who didn’t miss any time on the court after his first-quarter collision with Reams, scored 10 of his game-high 18 points in the fourth quarter, and Stevenson held off a furious rally by the visiting Blue Devils to win 50-41 Friday night.
Boys basketball: Holiday scouting, Lake County Dec 18, 2014 7:37 PM
Here’s a closer look at the tournaments that the high school boys teams in Lake County will be involved in over the next couple of weeks.
Girls basketball: Holiday scouting, Lake County Dec 18, 2014 10:11 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school girls basketball teams of Lake County over the holiday break.
Carmel takes a run at a different style of play Dec 18, 2014 7:47 PM
Carmel junior C.J. Barr is scoring 17 points a game, and the Corsairs are trying to play with a faster pace under new coach Zack Ryan.
Free choir concert: Dec 17, 2014 5:34 PM
Stevenson High School’s choirs will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Lincolnshire school’s performing arts center. Admission is free.
Girls basketball: Lake County roundup Dec 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Stevenson’s girls basketball team keeps winning. Taylor Buford scored a game-high 21 points, and the Patriots defeated visiting Zion-Benton 56-45 Tuesday night to improve to 10-0 and 4-0 in the North Suburban Lake Division.
Stevenson students caught in sexting investigation Dec 16, 2014 12:42 PM
Several Stevenson High School students are under investigation for sexting lewd selfie images, school and police officials said Tuesday. Stevenson High School District 125 spokesman Jim Conrey said administrators became aware this week that juvenile students were texting lewd images of themselves.
Stevenson grad Ohnsted is on his game for Augsburg Dec 15, 2014 5:22 PM
Mack Ohnsted has played a key role for the Augsburg men’s hockey team in its hot start to the 2014-15 season. The Stevenson High School graduate led the Auggies’ offense with a 3-point weekend (2 goals, 1 assist) when Augsburg (Minneapolis, Minn.) split with No. 13-ranked Saint John’s. In the win, the junior forward had the overtime game-winning goal over the Johnnies. For his performance, Ohnsted won the MIAC men’s hockey athlete of the week award.
Steady Stevenson handles Lake Zurich Dec 13, 2014 10:23 PM
Stevenson’s scoring couldn’t get much more balanced Saturday night. The Patriots’ girls basketball team improved to 9-0 overall and 3-0 in the North Suburban Lake Division, as four players notched 10 points in a 59-42 win over host Lake Zurich.
Zuunbayan helps Wheeling to invite runner-up finish Dec 13, 2014 5:55 PM
It was a great day for area teams and individuals Saturday at the 30th annual Wheeling Memorial Wrestling Tournament. Perennial power Sandburg once again rolled to the championship with 262 points, but the fight for second place went down to the final round between the host Wildcats and Stevenson. Wheeling held a 3.5-point lead over the Patriots at the start of the final round, but the Wildcats pulled away with some great performances to capture runner-up honors over Stevenson, 176 to 161.5.
Boys swimming: Scouting Lake County Dec 13, 2014 9:21 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school boys swimming teams of Lake County this season.
Stevenson makes more Lake progress against Lake Zurich Dec 12, 2014 9:22 PM
Visiting Stevenson took another step toward its goals Friday night as the Patriots visited Lake Zurich in North Suburban Conference Lake Division wrestling action. Starting the dual meet at 285 pounds, the Pats got off to a good start with a 10-0 lead after two matches. But Stevenson really got rolling in the later stages of the meet as the Patriots wound up rolling to a 42-12 NSC Lake Division victory over the Bears.
Stevenson improv troupe to perform Tuesday, Dec. 16 Dec 12, 2014 12:48 PM
Stevenson High School’s improv troupe, the Failed Presidential Candidates, is named on behalf of the school’s namesake, Adlai E. Stevenson II — who failed not once, but twice — to become president of the United States.
Images: Stevenson vs. Libertyville, boys basketball Dec 10, 2014 9:52 PM
Stevenson played Libertyville in varsity boys basketball Wednesday night in Lincolnshire.
Stevenson powers past Libertyville Dec 10, 2014 11:00 PM
It was a game that began with a 4-point play. And maybe another early play told the tale. Unbeaten Stevenson actually missed a dunk, and the ball went all the way to the Libertyville bench, where a disgruntled Scott Bogumil (Libertyville’s coach) caught the basketball. The runaway Pats spurted to a 45-18 lead late in the second half. From that point on, the visitors from Libertyville battled back. No, it wasn’t enough as Stevenson (6-0, 2-0) prevailed 78-55 in North Suburban Lake play Wednesday.
Girls basketball: Lake County roundup Dec 9, 2014 11:12 PM
Sophia Way scored a game-high 18 points and sank four of Stevenson’s school-record-tying 12 3-pointers, as the host Patriots remained undefeated with a 60-46 win over Warren in North Suburban Lake Division action Tuesday night. Ashley Richardson also made four 3s for Stevenson (8-0, 2-0). Richardson and Taylor Buford sored 13 points apiece, while Janine Fajardo tallied her 9 points on a trio of 3-pointers.
- Update: It will take weeks to determine cause of death of Blackhawks staffer
- Images: Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions
- Nintendo designer talks 'amiibo,' 'Zelda' and 'Mario'
- Rozner: Is this the worst Bears season in memory?
- Smashing Pumpkins' Corgan looks ahead, not back
- With Clausen out, Trestman turns to Cutler
- What Sox fans can expect from the new guys
- Lawsuit filed after I-90 construction accident in Elgin
- Mike North video: It's all about the quarterback
- Contested municipal races crop up across DuPage
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- What Sox fans can expect from the new guys
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Minorities now the new majority in schools statewide
- Barrington grad, partner win million in 'Amazing Race'
- Facebook seeks to block prosecutor's search warrants
- Nikola Mirotic dilemma is a nice problem to have
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Football: Crabel steps down at Burlington Central
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- PT OFFICE TECH - VILLAGE OF GLENDALE HEIGHTS PART-TIME OFFICE TECHNICIAN GLENDALE LAKES GOLF CLUB The Glendale Lakes Golf Club is accepting applications for a part-time Office Technician. The schedule for this position is Monday through Sunday with varying days and shifts as needed by the facility. This is a 20-25 hour per week position. The part-time Office Technician performs routine clerical work in answering telephones, receiving and responding to the public both verbally and in writing, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, data entry, bookkeeping and filing as well as general office and clerical work. Graduation from High School or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, reception, answering telephones, data entry, accounting and bookkeeping, and two years of responsible related clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent computer and customer service skills and also have the ability to interact with the public and a diverse population of business and professional clients. Applicants will be tested on MS Office skills (Excel and Word), customer service skills and their typing speed and accuracy rate (35 wpm minimum). HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a Village of Glendale Heights employment application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attention: Human Resources Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background investigation. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15 mile radius of the Village. Posted 11-4-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4392743) LANDSCAPE LABORER - Landscape Laborer, 80 temporary pos, Landscape Concepts Management, Grayslake, Chicago & Aurora, IL. 4/1/2015-11/26/2015. Mow, trim, edge, water, dormant pruning; remove leaves & debris; clean up. Able to lift up to 50 lbs., No exp req., will train. $9.00/hr, $13.50/hr OT, 40 hrs/ wk, OT varies, 6:00a-4:00p, M-Sat Rotating Schedule. Uniform purchase required. Raise at employer's discretion. Transportation provided from central location for mul-tiple job sites within Lake, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grun-dy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry & Will Counties. To apply call 847-223-3800 to schedule an interview or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Refer to JO#2380888 (id:4394012) CLASS A DRIVERS - Attention: CLASS-A DRIVERS Coming soon to CSX Intermodal Terminals: NEW Commercial Truck Lease Purchase Program! Affordable Options Great Inventory Outstanding Warranties Maintenance Plan If you are a hard-working trucker who is ready to lease your own truck - Call Today: 888.590.2671 or email: csxi@extendedbusiness services.com online at: drivecsxi.com/lease (id:4392075)
- RETAIL - Retail Verizon Careers -Available today. It's an exciting time to join Verizon. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses and communities everywhere. Join our team and you can be a part of it. Opportunities currently exist in The Greater Chicago Area for: RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES Enjoy benefits worthy of the name Total Rewards including: -Competitive Salaries & Sales Incentives -Tuition Assistance (up to $8,000/year) -401(k) Savings Plan (with up to 6% company match) & Profit Sharing -Corporate Discounts -Immediate Medical, Vision & Dental -Employee Phone Program (50% off service) -Plus much more! Visit verizon.com/jobs for more information and to apply today. Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4392107) YOGA INSTRUCTOR - Fitness -Sr. Dahn Yoga Instructor:Train/supervise/ teach instructors on effective relay the Dahn Yoga, Brain Education. 2 yr exp req'd. Job site/intrw: Mount Prospect, IL 60056 Send resume to Dahn Yoga & Health Centers, Inc. 3651 E. Baseline Rd. #228, Gilbert, AZ 85234 (id:4393453) CONCIERGE - CONCIERGE Compassionate, dependable, and safety-minded individual who relates well with senior citizens is needed to meet daily with our short term re- hab patients to address their non-clinical requests and to transport them to clinic appointments in our Medi Van. Safe driving record and stan-dard driver's license required. Interested parties contact: Ellyn Hanson, Admissions Director Lee Manor 1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-635-4000 (id:4394091)
- CUSTODIAN - Custodian, Marquardt SD 15, Glendale Hts. Must read, write and be literate in English. Physical ability to perform tasks associated with custodial work. 2 yrs. Exp. as custodian req'd. $11.50/hr. 40 hrs/week. Full benefits. Apply online www.d15.us. (id:4394051) LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 3/17-11/30/15) 25 openings w/ V&A Landscaping, Elgin, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in multiple IL co's to mow, cut, edge, water lawns; rake/blow leaves; leaves; dig; plant; pull/chop weeds; prune; fertilize; haul topsoil; mulch; lift/carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/ educ; 45hpw; 7a-5:30p M-F; weekend work; $12.72/hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; emplr pd drug testing. Fax resume to 847-741-8941. (id:4393887) SR. QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Sr.Quality Manager/ Sapphire Manufacturing with MS in Indust. Eng +2 yrs exper. as quality manager. Must have exper, in each of the follow.: 1. SPC & DOE Methodologies. 2. Sapphire manufacturing from crystal growth to EPI polished wafers to pattern sapphire substrate. 3. Metrological & crystallographic analysis. 4. imple-mentation of ISO standards. Submit resume by email to email@example.com with SQM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4392996)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.