Activate Your Free
Articles filed under AFL
Can Rush avenge playoff loss to Arizona? May 10, 2012 9:28 PM
Other sports stories, notes, photos and graphics
No gray area: Rush wide receiver a record setter May 5, 2012 2:09 PM
In 2˝ seasons with the Rush, Reggie Gray has 68 touchdown catches, 2 short of the team record. With his 4 kickoff-return scores, he has 72 all-purpose TDs, just 1 short of the franchise mark. Both records are within his grasp when the 5-2 Rush host the 3-4 Iowa Barnstormers at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Gray talks about his success in football, his life off the field, and why the NFL hasn't come calling.
AFL honors McMillen on Top 25 team May 4, 2012 2:00 PM
The Arena Football League Silver Anniversary Committee has selected Chicago Rush head coach Bob McMillen is the 17th greatest player in AFL history. Its a tremendous honor, because Ive never looked at myself as one of the best players to play this game, said McMillen, a Naperville resident who played 13 seasons in the AFL. I was just a guy who went out there and played hard every game and did what I could to help our team win. There are probably a hundred guys better than me on this list.
Another Rush win as record climbs to 5-1 Apr 23, 2012 12:08 PM
It was Rush wide receiver Terrance Turners turn to shine in the spotlight as his 10-catch, 112-yard and 4-touchdown night powered the Rush to a 62-61 win over the Milwaukee Mustangs in Arena Football League action Saturday night. Quarterback Russ Michna completed 26 of 34 passing attempts for 306 yards and 6 touchdowns for the Rush, with a game-winning TD with four seconds to play. The Rush is now 5-1 on the season.
Georgia overpowers Rush to snap win streak Apr 23, 2012 12:20 PM
Chicago Rush game reports
Rush races to 3-0 with win over Iowa Apr 1, 2012 2:45 PM
The Chicago Rush overcame first half struggles to secure an overtime victory over the Iowa Barnstormers lSaturday night at the Wells Fargo Arena in front of 8,472 fans. The Rush becomes the first team with a 3-0 record following the victory over Central Division rival Iowa.
Gray’s 5 touchdowns propel Rush over Orlando, 51-49 Mar 23, 2012 12:02 PM
After struggling for the first 10 minutes of the game, the Chicago Rush put together an impressive 50 minutes of football Thursday night to beat the Orlando Predators 51-49. Reggie Gray secured 5 touchdown receptions for the Rush as quarterback Russ Michna's unit put together eight consecutive scoring drives to take control of the game. Our chemistry is second to none, Gray said of his relationship with Michna.
Rush opens season with 70-48 victory Mar 10, 2012 11:56 PM
Pregame fireworks ignited the momentum on a high-scoring opening night as the Chicago Rush defeated the Tampa Bay Storm 70-48. A combined 70-point first half kept the 9,124 fans on their toes Saturday night at the Allstate Arena.
Odd season for Bears safety Chris Harris Oct 28, 2011 5:30 AM
Mike Spellman looks back at Chris Harris' season and the media circus that was Theo Epstein coming to the Cubs in this week's Spellman's scorecard.
McMillen returning to coach Rush in 2012 Sep 23, 2011 11:43 AM
Bob McMillen will return as head coach for the Chicago Rush arena football team in 2012, team officials announced Friday. McMillen, a Naperville resident, was runner-up the AFL’s Coach of the Year award last season as he guided the team into the playoffs.
3 Rush players named to All-Arena teams Aug 12, 2011 5:03 PM
Three Chicago Rush players earned All-Arena honors for their play in the 2011 season. Defensive back Vic Hall, and linebacker Kelvin Morris earned first-team honors while receiver Reggie Gray was named second-team All-Arena.
Rush hits road for AFL conference title game Aug 4, 2011 4:28 PM
The Chicago Rush head to Phoenix this weekend to take on the league-leading Arizona Rattlers for the conference title and a spot in the AFL finals.
Rush primed for playoffs Jul 28, 2011 9:30 PM
The Chicago Rush will be facing the Dallas Vigilantes in Rosemont on Friday in the first round of the AFL playoffs. This will be the third time the teams have played this season.
Rush plagued by turnovers, penalties in loss Jul 24, 2011 12:30 AM
After a season of battling turnovers and penalties, the Chicago Rush gave away Saturday's regular season finale in familiar fashion: turnovers and penalties.
Rush snuffs out Blaze Jul 1, 2011 11:26 PM
The Chicago Rush clinched a playoff berth with a 52-35 win at the Allstate Arena on Friday night.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 30, 2011 3:34 PM
Chicago Rush game day: home vs. Utah Blaze at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Allstate Arena in Rosemont.
Kick returns seal deal for Rush Jun 26, 2011 10:52 PM
A strong fourth quarter secured the Chicago Rush’s 10th win of the season as it defeated the Iowa Barnstormers 58-48 before 9,063 at the Allstate Arena on Sunday.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 24, 2011 7:54 PM
By Jayna Johns Iowa Barnstormers vs. Rush, 3 p.m. Sunday at Allstate Arena Scouting the Rush: Head coach Bob McMillen was impressed with his team’s competitiveness last weekend. Facing a 22-point deficit, the team fought to the last minute before losing 63-60. Defensive back Vic Hall leads the league in tackles and interceptions and set an AFL record last week for most interceptions in a season. He has 15. Scouting the Barnstormers: Receiver Todd Blythe is ranked sixth in the league for receiving yards per game and total scoring, averaging 111 yards and 16.4 points. Quarterback Brad Banks averages more than 5 touchdowns a game and leads the team in rushing touchdowns with 8. Teddy Bear Toss day: Fans are encouraged to bring a teddy bear to the game and toss it onto the field following the first Rush touchdown. Bears also can be purchased for $5 on the concourse level of the arena. The bears will be collected and donated to the Red Cross of Greater Chicago for children who are victims of disasters.
Rush looks for turnaround vs. Iowa Jun 24, 2011 7:53 PM
A strong defense has kept the Rush at the top of their division, but offensive struggles and turnovers have cost the team at times. The Rush will try to get back to their winning ways against the Iowa Barnstormers on Sunday at the Allstate Arena after losing starting quarterback Russ Michna to an ankle injury.
Michna injured in Rush loss Jun 19, 2011 4:19 PM
The Spokane Shock ended the Chicago Rush's five-game win streak Saturday night, hodling on for a 63-60 win. Rush quarterback Russ Michna did not play the second half due to an undisclosed injury.
- Police still seek man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Tell the truth on global warming
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Be prepared for tax increases
- Elgin boy killed in accident remembered as outgoing
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Deli chain expanding to Naperville
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.