Activate Your Free
Articles filed under 11th Congressional District
Boehner campaigns for Illinois Republicans Aug 5, 2014 6:03 PM
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner is campaigning for Illinois Republicans in tight races this fall. Boehner was in Bolingbook Monday for a fundraiser for state Rep. Darlene Senger, who’s challenging Democratic U.S. Rep. Bill Foster on Nov. 4.
Republicans have some catching up to do in suburban races, monetarily speaking Jul 15, 2014 5:15 PM
Incumbent Democrats in the suburbs’ three biggest races for Congress are heading toward November with sometimes sizable cash advantages Republicans challengers will have to try to overcome, reports filed Tuesday show.
Lawmaker wants probe of $33 million health campaign Jun 16, 2014 5:20 PM
A Republican state lawmaker from Naperville has called for an investigation into how Illinois spent $33 million in federal money to promote President Barack Obama’s health care law — including hiring a high-priced public relations firm and paying far more per enrollee on television ads than any other large state.
Could a court end red light cameras? May 8, 2014 6:15 PM
Will an Illinois Supreme Court case eliminate red light cameras for good? The argument against them will sound familiar. Democratic U.S. Rep.Bill Foster of Naperville, one of Congress’ only scientists, weighs in on the global warming report from this week. And Greg Baise says special interests are bad, except his.
Blagojevich makes one final campaign donation Apr 18, 2014 5:16 AM
More than a decade after he served in Congress and two years into his prison sentence, Rod Blagojevich’s federal campaign account made its final donation this week. In closing down, the federal fund Friends of Rod Blagojevich gave $709.85 to the Serbian Orthodox Church’s New Gracanica Monastery in Third Lake on April 14.
New Republican faces line up for central committee posts Mar 28, 2014 5:41 PM
Only one suburban member of the Illinois Republican Party State Central Committee is running for re-election next month. In the 10th Congressional District, committeeman Mark Shaw of Lake Forest is running for another term against challenger Louis Atsaves, also of Lake Forest. Other districts feature battles between newcomers.
Senger victorious in 11th Congressional District Mar 18, 2014 11:46 PM
State Rep. Darlene Senger of Naperville won her hard-fought Republican primary Tuesday and will advance to challenge Democratic incumbent Bill Foster in the 11th Congressional District in the November general election.
Plenty of hot DuPage County primary races Mar 16, 2014 8:00 AM
Voters in Tuesday’s DuPage County primary will pick their party’s nominees for numerous county, state and congressional seats to advance to the November general election. Here’s a look at some of the hottest races DuPage voters will be deciding.
11th District candidates: Government must get out of way of business Mar 3, 2014 5:30 AM
Before the economy can really take off, the federal government must get out of the way of business. That was the common theme voiced by all the four Republicans in the 11th Congressional District race as they explained their views on tax reform, the minimum wage and other issues during a forum hosted by the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Budget cuts divide Republican hopefuls in the 11th district Feb 25, 2014 11:07 PM
The four Republicans seeking their party's nomination in the March 18 primary for the 11th Congressional District seat have different ideas about what it will take to balance the federal budget.
Miller debuts first TV spot in 11th Congressional District race Feb 25, 2014 6:00 PM
Hinsdale Republican Bert Miller has launched his first television commercial to help his bid to become the GOP nominee for the 11th Congressional District.
Will Democrats take Republican ballots March 18? Feb 21, 2014 4:32 AM
The compelling Republican primary race for governor continues to dwarf anything happening on the Democratic ballot on March 18. So might Democrats take a break from their own party, pull a Republican ballot and get in on the GOP action? And would there be consequences for doing that?
Endorsements: Senger for GOP nomination for Congress, 11th District Feb 18, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Darlene Senger for the Republican nomination in the 11th Congressional District.
GOP hopefuls in the 11th district differ on Obamacare Feb 16, 2014 1:06 AM
The four Republicans in the March 18 primary race to take on Democratic U.S. Rep Bill Foster appear to dislike the Affordable Care Act as much as they want Foster out of office. But the candidates differ on what they believe should happen to President Barack Obama's signature health care law.
Bert Miller: Candidate Profile Feb 14, 2014 10:44 PM
Candidate information for Bert Miller, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
Chris Balkema: Candidate Profile Feb 15, 2014 2:05 AM
Candidate information for Chris Balkema, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
Craig Robbins: Candidate Profile Feb 17, 2014 12:26 PM
Candidate information for Craig Robbins, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
Ian Bayne: Candidate Profile Feb 14, 2014 10:44 PM
Candidate information for Ian Bayne, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
11th District U.S. Representative Foster: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Candidate information for 11th District U.S. Representative Foster, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
11th District U.S. Representative Senger: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:30 AM
Candidate information for 11th District U.S. Representative Senger, running for 11th District U.S. Representative
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to murder in sister's fatal stabbing
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- 'Food Court Wars' eatery closing in West Dundee
- Analysts: Woodfield makeover may keep mall strong
- Scotch struts its milder side to appeal to bourbon crowd
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: email@example.com (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.