Aug 18 2015 | 9:03 pm
- Is it time to replace your old mattress? Custom Fundraising Solutions will be bringing name-brand mattresses to the Batavia High School cafeteria on Saturday, Aug. 22, to support the Batavia Music Buffs, the fundraising group for music programs in...
Jul 15 2015 | 4:35 pm
- Batavia’s Quilt and Textile Show will be held at historic Shannon Hall this weekend. The show brings quilters from the Midwest in to see the amazing display of fabric art.
Jun 08 2015 | 2:02 pm
- Dancing, fundraising and competing come naturally to 2010 Batavia High School graduate Christy Scimeca, who now lives in Iowa and will compete this week in the state pageant. If she wins, she will represent Iowa at the Miss America pageant in...
Jun 02 2015 | 4:03 pm
- The finale night of the Fittest Loser Challenge was a big party! Celebrating along with the challengers were the sponsors, who shared information about ways to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Jun 02 2015 | 3:59 pm
- It took a lot of sweat and strain for the winning At Work teams to take home first-, second- and third-place finishes. Members of all three teams say they would do it again in a heartbeat. They were energized further by the crowd at the Fittest...
May 20 2015 | 3:02 pm
- Batavia has a rich and honored tradition of gathering on Memorial Day to remember those who lost their lives in war. We have the opportunity to honor these men and women by attending the Memorial Day service at 10 a.m. Monday, May 25, at the Batavia...
May 18 2015 | 6:31 am
- The Fittest Loser finale was fueled with the enthusiasm of 38 At-Work teams who found more energy, greater weight loss and a boost in self- esteem through the program.
Apr 15 2015 | 2:14 pm
- Wanted: 1,000 people to ride scooters. No experience necessary. Batavia's Randy Simonian is leading an effort to set a world record for the Longest Kick Scooter Parade on Saturday, April 25 at the Batavia Riverwalk.
Feb 25 2015 | 1:52 pm
- Doubt can be a painful emotion to deal with, whether dealing with personal issues or dealing with spiritual ones. Batavia author Ann C. Sullivan examines how doubt can affect our lives in her new book, “Permission to Doubt,” published by...
Feb 03 2015 | 3:22 pm
- Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" is a favorite of both schools and community theater groups because of its minimal set and simple costume requirements. Batavia High School stages the classic play this weekend in the Batavia Fine Arts Centre’s...