May 22 2015 | 5:40 pm
- Community leaders, citizens, veterans and families of those serving in the armed forces were in attendance Friday as College of Lake County hosted its eighth annual Memorial Day Ceremony and Service at the Willow Lakes Memorial in Grayslake.
May 13 2015 | 7:35 pm
- A pre-prom demonstration showed almost 900 juniors and seniors at Lake Zurich High School the dangers of drinking and driving. Students at Libertyville and Vernon Hills high schools also are receiving the message.
May 01 2015 | 4:14 pm
- Around 120 Woodland Intermediate School fourth and fifth-grade students performed for fellow students, parents and members of the community at Friday's Woodland's Got Talent program in Gurnee.
Apr 30 2015 | 8:27 am
- Stevenson High School seniors Saloni Nahar and Linsey Nowack were honored Wednesday for their winning entry in C-SPAN’s annual student video documentary competition, StudentCam. Nahar and Nowack earned honorable mention in the national...
Apr 24 2015 | 5:03 pm
- Carl Sandburg Middle School students in Mundelein planted bur oak trees in honor of Arbor Day on Friday. The seventh-graders worked with shovels throughout the day to plant the trees in the school’s prairie area on the north side of the...
Apr 13 2015 | 9:31 pm
- The curtain will open for the last time as Cathy’s Creative Kids Club presents its final production tonight. Twenty students will participate in “Alice in Neverland” starting at 7 p.m. at Oakland Elementary School, 818 Grass...
Apr 08 2015 | 4:27 pm
- Children's book author Barb Rosenstock of Vernon Hills spent the day Wednesday at Butterfield School in Libertyville giving students tips about research and writing.
Dec 26 2014 | 7:28 pm
- Chelsea Laliberte, 29 of Palatine, lost her brother Alex to a heroin overdose in 2008. Now, she is founder and executive director of Live4Lali with a mission to provide individuals, families, communities, organizations and businesses with effective...
Dec 16 2014 | 5:20 pm
- About 180 children at the Lindenhurst Early Childhood Center are hard at work this week making 400 hand-packed care boxes filled with food and toiletries. The boxes will be donated to various local charities and food pantries as part of the...
Oct 23 2014 | 6:40 pm
- The Unraveled Yarn Shop sponsored a “yarn bomb” in Wauconda, where benches and various fixtures in the downtown area are covered in handmade yarn pieces.