Nov 01 2016 | 3:02 pm
- Former Elgin residents Taylor Evelyn Barone and Emily Speakes were determined to get back to Chicago when the Cubs were playing in the World Series at Wrigley Field, but they got stranded in the Minneapolis airport instead and made a...
Oct 30 2016 | 4:45 pm
- A Palatine High School graduate who’s now a film student at the University of Southern California found a sponsor to help him procure World Series tickets and make a film about flying back to Palatine from California to surprise his father...
Jun 06 2016 | 10:14 am
- When Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor pulled his support for extending Route 53 north, he proposed instead a greenway that would include “a new trail corridor through the center of Lake County.” But bicycle trails don’t...
Jun 05 2016 | 10:03 pm
- Lake and DuPage counties have been working hard at making countywide trail links, particularly with two systems: Lake County’s Millennium Trail, and what DuPage County has dubbed its Century Trail. So which one is harder?
Dec 04 2015 | 5:50 pm
- Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez on Thursday angrily defended her handling of the Laquan McDonald police shooting case and repeated emphatically that she will not resign. “I'd rather lose an election than compromise the integrity of...
Aug 14 2015 | 7:52 pm
- The National Weather Service has issued a special weather statement warning of strong thunderstorms and winds heading south through the suburbs.
Jul 18 2015 | 1:44 am
- A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for DuPage, Cook and Kane counties, and includes O’Hare International Airport and DuPage Airport, the National Weather Service says. The warning expires at 6 p.m.
Jun 23 2015 | 9:02 pm
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts plans to open new stores in Cook County beyond its single Chicago-area shop in Elk Grove Village, the company said.
Jun 25 2015 | 5:24 am
- Updated: Heavy storms feared for Wednesday night and Thursday morning appear to be steering south, so The National Weather Service has canceled flood watches for the area.
Jun 16 2015 | 7:12 am
- Electrical problems caused by Monday night's storms resulted in press malfunctions that could lead to a delay in delivering your printed Daily Herald today.