Nov 09 2016 | 5:00 pm
- Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner’s cash and Donald Trump’s coattails helped flip some legislative seats to the GOP, but Democrats mostly held on in the suburbs.
Oct 24 2016 | 9:57 am
- The Cubs haven't won a World Series title since before women could vote in America and construction began on the Titanic. Here a few more things that have changed in the last 108 years.
Sep 19 2016 | 10:12 am
- Gov. Bruce Rauner said at a gathering of bomb technicians Monday that there are no imminent threats in Illinois following the recent bombings in New York City and New Jersey.
Sep 09 2016 | 5:58 pm
- Up to 44 prisoners needing significant mental health care will be moved to the Elgin Mental Health Center, while some civilian patients will be relocated to make room, state officials announced Friday.
Sep 05 2016 | 11:36 pm
- The NFL season starts Thursday, but the wrangling over whether it’s legal in Illinois to play increasingly popular daily fantasy sports is far from over. So is it legal for football fans to play daily fantasy sports in Illinois?
Aug 26 2016 | 3:38 pm
- Gov. Bruce Rauner on Friday renewed his push for lawmakers to change the way Illinois draws its political boundaries. He made the comments after the Illinois Supreme Court on Thursday rejected an effort to put a question on the November ballot in an...
Aug 26 2016 | 2:52 pm
- Gov. Bruce Rauner said Friday he doesn’t plan to get involved in replacing state Sen. Matt Murphy, a Palatine Republican and top ally who announced his resignation earlier this month.
Aug 12 2016 | 3:59 pm
- Republican state Sen. Matt Murphy of Palatine — a high-profile spokesman for the Illinois Republican agenda and nearly 10-year Senate veteran from the Northwest suburbs — wrote in a letter Friday announcing his upcoming resignation...
Aug 12 2016 | 11:31 am
- Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner said he was surprised by reports that Republican state Sen. Matt Murphy of Palatine, a top Rauner ally, is resigning from the legislature.
Aug 05 2016 | 6:06 pm
- Gov. Bruce Rauner Friday signed legislation named for a 13-year-old Elmhurst girl who died last year after having a sudden allergic reaction.