Mar 11 2018 | 8:01 am
- The Gettysburg Address. Hull House. The nation’s first African American president — and first lady. All of these are due to Illinois’ bumper crop of political figures and politicians, who represent a diverse range of viewpoints and...
Nov 08 2017 | 9:42 am
- Former College of DuPage President Robert Breuder and his chief nemesis, ex-board Chairwoman Kathy Hamilton, came face to face for the first time in more than two years. In court.
Nov 06 2017 | 8:29 am
- Illinois Math and Science Academy President Jose Torres was drawn to Puerto Rico in Hurricane Maria's aftermath to check on family, columnist Lester writes. But his three-week stay came to involve a variety of cleanup efforts, which included working...
Nov 02 2017 | 6:45 am
- Oversized electric golfcarts that have become a popular form of shuttle transportation in Naperville could be coming to Arlington Heights soon.
Nov 01 2017 | 7:15 pm
- Kane County’s state’s attorney said Wednesday he will not make a primary bid for Illinois attorney general after months of discernment.
Nov 14 2017 | 11:09 am
- A suburban lawmaker is refusing to take part in any additional sexual harrassment training unless the women behind an effort to change the culture at the state Capitol start naming perpetrators.
Oct 28 2017 | 6:12 pm
- If Amazon lands in the suburbs, its 50,000 employees drawing high salaries would be a huge boon. And if Schaumburg or Oak Brook win the contest to host the retail giant, huge challenges — transportation, infrastructure and creating the...
Oct 22 2017 | 10:47 pm
- The leader of a reproductive rights organization says it plans to use Gov. Bruce Rauner’s signing of abortion legislation to defeat suburban Republicans who opposed him on the measure, columnist Kerry Lester writes. Plus, a big win for a tiny...
Oct 19 2017 | 2:50 pm
- Sen. Mark Kirk comes out of retirement to join an Iran sanctions fight involving a company in Naperville, Choose DuPage bids for Amazon headquarters, and more in Kerry Lester’s column.
Oct 19 2017 | 5:12 pm
- All eight Democratic candidates vying for the right to challenge Republican U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam of Wheaton will meet Sunday in a public forum at the Falcon Park Recreation Center in Palatine.