Jun 30 2015 | 6:06 pm
- A 23-year-old Minnesota man argued Tuesday that an April strip search should be thrown out of court. Ismael Jaimes-Meza was in a van pulled over on I-90 near Elgin by officers who said they smelled marijuana and Meza possessed rolls of cash.
Jun 29 2015 | 6:01 pm
- A 51-year-old man was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to cocaine possession in a May 2014 bust in Gilberts. Juan Hinojosa, of Elgin, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge after spending 13 months in jail. He was the second...
Jun 28 2015 | 10:10 pm
- The $1.2 billion "Pink Slime" defamation lawsuit filed by a South Dakota meat company against Diane Sawyer and ABC News will come to St. Charles in mid-July for a deposition from a food safety executive who was subpoenaed to testify.
Jun 29 2015 | 5:12 pm
- A 24-year-old man who served prison time for an 2009 Elgin arson is headed back to prison after pleading guilty to an East Dundee burglary. Salvatore D. Riso, formerly of East Dundee and now of Chicago, was sentenced to four more years in prison...
Jun 26 2015 | 6:48 pm
- A Carpentersville woman who got probation for second-degree murder for stabbing and killing an uninvited and hostile guest at her sister's birthday party in 2010 in Carpentersville has admitted to violating her probation. Jacqueline Loyola, 24,...
Jun 26 2015 | 5:09 am
- A 52-year-old Holiday Hills man who wounded two McHenry County sheriffs deputies and sparked a manhunt in October 2014 was sentenced to 135 years in prison Thursday. Scott B. Peters, an Army veteran who admitted he hates cops, was convicted after an...
Jun 24 2015 | 4:27 pm
- A 41-year-old Mount Prospect woman was sentenced to six months in jail and probation for starving four horses in 2013. Jamie Koy was on probation for the same offense in 2010 in which three horses died when she was charged again.
Jun 23 2015 | 3:36 pm
- A 23-year-old man accused of attempted murder in a late-May shooting in Elgin taunted the victim's brother afterward with a text message with a smiley face emoticon and the phrase "LOL," according to a search warrant. Victor Rivera is being held on...
Jun 24 2015 | 5:40 pm
- A Kane County judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by the owner of the Gasthaus bar to stop a plan to redevelop the vacant and iconic Elgin Tower Building with apartments.
Jun 21 2015 | 3:50 pm
- A Nov. 2 trial date has been set for a Gilberts man accused in 2010 of murdering a South Korean national that he took in to his home after they met at church.