Jul 29 2015 | 7:04 pm
- A $20,000 settlement has been approved for a September 2012 crash that killed an Elgin teen. “It’s incredibly frustrating, said Lance Northcutt, attorney for mother of the victim. “It’s absurd in Illinois that you can...
Jul 28 2015 | 10:51 pm
- A Batavia company is suing a former worker, saying he stole company secrets before leaving to work for a competitor. Batavia Container Inc. is asking a judge to keep Robert M. Dunn, its former manager of packing supplies, from sharing proprietary...
Jul 26 2015 | 4:04 pm
- An Aurora woman found not guilty by reason of insanity in a 2013 stabbing death will be treated in Elgin; CASA Kane County gets a grant as cases increase 11 percent; a St. Charles police commander earns honors at Northwestern University law...
Jul 23 2015 | 5:50 pm
- The owner of the Gasthaus Zur Linde bar in Elgin is continuing his fight to stop a plan to redevelop the iconic Tower Building — and city officials and business owners say they are baffled and disappointed. “I think the whole thing is...
Jul 22 2015 | 5:09 pm
- An Elgin man was being held on $1 million bail after his arrest over the weekend on charges he kidnapped and raped a girl younger than 17 that he knew.
Jul 21 2015 | 5:52 am
- An Arlington Heights man settles a lawsuit over improperly confiscated antique guns; a Waukegan man will not plead guilty to animal abuse charges; Glen Ellyn man accused of threatening Chicago mayor; COD meeting to be public, not secret; Irish pub...
Jul 21 2015 | 5:49 pm
- A 26-year-old Carpentersville woman arrested on a charge of DUI in Elgin over the weekend made things worse when she offered to bribe officers with $2,000, according to police and court records.
Jul 20 2015 | 9:16 pm
- A 50-year-old Batavia woman received a scare but no serious injuries after her SUV was hit and rolled on its side Monday afternoon at Randall Road and Fabyan Parkway in Batavia, police said. The woman received a ticket for running a red light and a...
Jul 20 2015 | 7:13 pm
- A car being towed eastbound on the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway Monday afternoon near Roselle caught fire, causing all lanes to be closed for about 30 minutes, according to state police. No one was injured and the cause of the fire is unknown.
Jul 19 2015 | 3:28 pm
- A judge upholds a search of two people accused of laundering money in one of Kane County's largest heroin busts; legalization, police misconduct hot topics at upcoming ABA convention in Chicago.