Aug 19 2014 | 4:26 pm
- A judge on Oct. 14 will hear arguments on whether fines should be reinstated against an embattled St. Charles homeowner for violating an agreement to clean up his property. Cliff McIlvaine, who was first issued a building permit in 1975 for an...
Aug 18 2014 | 1:05 pm
- A judge set bail at $1.5 million for an Elgin man arrested and charged with robberies at Aldi and Family Dollar in June and August. Michael L. Taylor, 52, was on parole after being released from prison in January after serving half of a 10-year...
Aug 17 2014 | 5:34 pm
- A Chicago woman accused of running down two teens in Carpentersville with her sport utility vehicle last year because they were bullying her nephew is scheduled for trial Oct. 20.
Aug 14 2014 | 4:37 pm
- Four people have filed a lawsuit against McHenry County 22nd Judicial Circuit Clerk Katherine Keefe, arguing her office improperly assessed fines instead of fees after their traffic and misdemeanor cases were adjudicated. The federal lawsuit seeks...
Aug 13 2014 | 7:39 pm
- A Carpentersville man is suing Clearbrook, a not-for-profit agency that serves developmentally disabled people, arguing he was fired in retaliation for questioning what he says is the facility's practice of disregarding training and state...
Aug 12 2014 | 5:37 pm
- Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez will host his eighth and final car show Aug. 30 in Elburn. This year, he's chosen the Make A Wish Foundation as the charity to benefit and also enlisted support from sheriffs in Kendall and DeKalb counties.
Aug 11 2014 | 5:05 pm
- The owner of an Elgin cellphone store faces felony charges that he falsified invoices after reporting three burglaries in an attempt to bilk insurance companies out of $43,000. Giovanni Tlatempa-Carreto, 35, of Elgin, was arrested Friday and faces...
Aug 10 2014 | 4:20 pm
- A McHenry County prosecutor will be honored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and an Aurora police officer receives special recognition for going above the call of duty to solve a cellphone robbery.
Aug 08 2014 | 4:39 pm
- A 33-year-old Aurora gang member will spend the rest of his life in prison for shooting two people - one of them fatally - in April
Aug 07 2014 | 4:59 pm
- A Kane County judge will allow cameras to record the case of Geneva doctor Mark G. Lewis, accused of raping one of his patients in November 2012. But Judge John Barsanti could limit the use of cameras. “I can impose any kind of restrictions...