Jun 30 2016 | 4:44 pm
- The Schaumburg Park District’s annual triathlon and duathlon returns Sunday, July 17, and organizers say it will provide a great local opportunity for beginners to try their hand at one of these endurance events alongside experienced...
Jun 29 2016 | 5:53 pm
- It's last call for the removal of dead and dying ash trees from private property in Schaumburg. Owners of such trees that have been identified for more than two years will soon receive notices that they have 120 days left to remove them or will...
Jun 29 2016 | 4:31 pm
- A long-awaited Walker Bros., The Original Pancake House, location in Schaumburg is expected to open this September in the village's Town Square shopping center. Schaumburg trustees Tuesday approved the breakfast-lunch restaurant's move into the...
Jun 29 2016 | 5:57 pm
- A 63-year-old Tennessee man suffered leg and minor head injuries at a Schaumburg auto dealer Wednesday afternoon after being pinned under a car he fell out of while trying to back it off a car carrier trailer.
Jun 27 2016 | 6:51 pm
- New Schaumburg regulations already ensure that a large, luxurious backyard treehouse village officials learned about last year is the last of its kind. Now the village board is set to impose an 8 percent hotel tax on overnight stays there.
Jun 23 2016 | 5:29 pm
- Palatine Park District residents could be just two years away from a long-sought indoor pool through a pending agreement between the district and Harper College. Harper trustees Wednesday voted 6-1 to approve their half of an agreement with the park...
Jun 23 2016 | 5:26 pm
- A Buffalo Grove physician is among 301 people charged in connection with a nationwide health care fraud sweep disclosed this week, the largest such action in U.S. history, authorities say.
Jun 21 2016 | 11:22 am
- Hoffman Estates police officers will receive a 1 percent pay hike retroactive to Jan. 1 and another 1 percent raise July 1, under a new three-year contract approved by village trustees Monday.
Jun 21 2016 | 5:57 am
- Hoffman Estates village board members voted 5-2 Monday to pay a consultant $28,500 to work with them on the consideration of a $21 million property tax reimbursement for a developer — as long as the developer pays for the consultant's contract.
Jun 21 2016 | 6:46 pm
- Fresh off its $13.9 million facelift in 2015, Schaumburg's Woodfield Mall will soon have a new general manager in Kurt Webb, a six-year employee of parent company Simon Property Group. He replaces David Gott, who oversaw last year's Woodfield...