Dec 07 2016 | 5:14 pm
- Plans to start building a new $20 million police station in Bartlett next year are behind the 12.8 percent increase in the village’s annual property tax levy approved this week, officials said. The hike will lead to an average increase of...
Dec 06 2016 | 12:09 am
- Hoffman Estates village board members Monday approved a new three-year contract with their police sergeants — making it the last foreseeable component of the 2017 budget they adopted at the same meeting.
Dec 06 2016 | 4:23 pm
- Zurich North America, which wowed the Northwest suburbs and the state with its impressive new headquarters in Schaumburg this fall, now faces a lawsuit from its former landlord over the conditions left behind at its former headquarters less than two...
Dec 02 2016 | 4:54 pm
- For its 60th anniversary in 2017, Streamwood will keep its property tax levy stable and lower its water and sewer rate by 1 percent, while still pursuing such capital improvements as the resurfacing of six miles of streets.
Dec 02 2016 | 4:51 pm
- Hanover Park will keep its village services on their current course in 2017, resulting in a property tax levy with no increase from last year’s.
Dec 01 2016 | 9:39 pm
- A judge sentenced a 61-year-old Mount Prospect woman to 13 years in prison Thursday for causing a 2014 collision while intoxicated that critically injured an Illinois state trooper and sent a family of four to the hospital.
Nov 30 2016 | 6:35 pm
- Hoffman Estates’ village board Monday will consider a 2.6 percent increase in its property tax levy next year to help cover a projected 4.6 percent hike in costs in the proposed 2017 budget.
Nov 28 2016 | 11:12 pm
- Hoffman Estates’ Sears Centre Arena is continuing its 10-year upgrade by accepting a state grant that will pay more than half the cost of a new lighting system for sports events, and save $25,000 or more in usage costs each year.
Nov 29 2016 | 10:55 am
- Schaumburg trustees expect to approve revisions Dec. 13 to the proposed Jack Siegel Memorial Plaza, honoring the town’s longtime village attorney, just outside the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center.
Nov 29 2016 | 5:40 pm
- Employees and former stroke patients at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights gathered Tuesday to celebrate the facility’s recent recognitions for its neurological care services, including its new certification as a Comprehensive...