May 22 2013 | 5:37 pm
- Rolling Meadows Alderman Mike Cannon tried to convince the city council Tuesday to improve Gateway Park at New Wilke and Kirchoff - and raise the money by selling part of the park's land -- and also to rename it for Alderman Larry Buske.
May 21 2013 | 12:17 am
- Nostalgic Wheeling trustees agreed to spend tax increment financing district money to help tear down the former Don Roth's Blackhawk restaurant. One of the first restaurants on the village's "Restaurant Row," Don Roth's thrived for 40 years before...
May 15 2013 | 5:52 am
- Borizov guilty in triple murder. Legislators might drop airport slots from gambling plan. Suburban lawmakers outraged at AP phone scandal. Now parking is free in Aurora. Agency recommends dropping DUI threshold to .05. A Des Plaines man who was...
May 13 2013 | 11:26 pm
- In its first informal "workshop" meeting, the Prospect Heights City Council seemed to like the idea of negotiating a new contract with Republic Services for trash pickup.
May 08 2013 | 12:08 pm
- It's not like it was in the old days, but Rolling Meadows has reinstituted a few programs in the East Park Apartments that were abandoned when financial problems forced the closing of the old Police Neighborhood Center.
May 06 2013 | 10:30 pm
- New Wheeling Village President Dean Argiris plans one meeting to explain trustees' priorities to the village plan commission and another to make peace over Chicago Executive Airport with Nick Helmer, mayor of Prospect Heights. The joint meeting...
May 03 2013 | 10:41 am
- Designers who can update a 1916 Italianate villa and make its 15,000-square-feet warm and welcoming can surely answer some of your decorating quandaries. Renowned architect David Adler designed the home, chosen as this year's Lake Forest Showhouse.
Apr 24 2013 | 5:30 pm
- Uncle Joe's Tuscan Fresh Market, the new Rolling Meadows grocery store that will anchor the Meadows Marketplace shopping center on Kirchoff Road, has cleared several hurdles with the city, allowing its developer to start leasing smaller storefronts...
Apr 22 2013 | 11:45 pm
- Judy Abruscato has been working since she was 14 years old, and for most of those years, she recently realized, she's been in charge. But at 78, Abruscato gave up one of her jobs Monday after leading her last village board meeting as Wheeling's...
Apr 19 2013 | 6:43 pm
- It was a shock for Indian Trails Library District to lose its second director in two years. Perhaps more so because only two directors had led the district in its previous 36 years.