May 18 2013 | 5:45 pm
- Dave Heun talks to St. Charles resident Kay Catlin about the publishing of her booklet of 'sayings."
May 11 2013 | 7:06 pm
- Would the Mid-American Canoe Race find more sucess if it returned to its original 17-mile route on the Fox River, from South Elgin to Aurora? The "Rain Main" statue returns to its spot near the Geneva train station while St. Charles struggles with...
May 04 2013 | 9:13 pm
- What do St. Charles Mayor-elect Ray Rogina and Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns have in common when it comes to high school? Dave Heun knows.
Apr 27 2013 | 5:46 pm
- A group of retailers from across the country and Europe were in St. Charles a few weeks ago, and it seemed the road construction hampered their movements, according to columnist Dave Heun.
Apr 20 2013 | 5:10 pm
- Because of some downtown work, the sand sculpture event at the RiverFest in St. Charles will be moving. There will also be some other moves for the annual June fest, according to columnist Dave Heun.
Apr 13 2013 | 5:05 pm
- Having a sports card show at a ballpark seems like an excellent combination, columnist Dave Heun says. He talks with a local promoter who is spearheading the April 27 show at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark in Geneva.
Apr 06 2013 | 3:09 pm
- It's a great day when an individual or family moves out of Lazarus House in St. Charles. The folks who operate Lazarus are looking for help from local service organizations and others to "adopt" a family that is looking to set up their own household.
Mar 30 2013 | 4:53 pm
- You might be sitting in traffic at Kautz Road and Route 38 for extended periods for the immediate future during construction of a railroad overpass, but the payoff should be worth it, columnist Dave Heun says.
Mar 23 2013 | 5:53 pm
- There are many historical markers throughout the Tri-Cities area, including the most recent display in front of the St. Charles Municipal Center. That marker, with interesting notes about the 1836 saw mill in that location and a Main Street train...
Mar 16 2013 | 5:59 pm
- When students and staff gather in the St. Peter School gymnasium at 2 p.m. Wednesday for a birthday party, the Geneva Fire Department may be hoping there won't be any lit candles. Why? It would take 100 of them to adorn a cake to honor former...