Jul 14 2016 | 12:53 am
- While Kris Bryant’s homer got the National League off to a good start in the 2016 MLB All-Star Game, the Chicago Cubs have turned in some odd performances in the Summer Classic. The most significant Cubs contribution since the game began in...
Jul 12 2016 | 5:47 am
- Shootings by and of police officers incite massive protests and ramp up fears of violence. We've seen this before, but local activists say there are important differences this time.
Jul 11 2016 | 6:10 am
- All bridges need tension to work. And there’s plenty of tension surrounding Long Grove’s iconic covered bridge and a summer campaign with miniature bridges.
Jul 07 2016 | 6:14 am
- The hapless Cincinnati Reds come to Wrigley Field and take two out of three from the first-place but struggling Cubs. Makes fans wish the Cowboys were still on the Cubs' schedule.
Jul 03 2016 | 8:11 am
- As we celebrate our nation’s independence, 90-year-old Boy Scout George “Bob” Jarvis of Grayslake explains what it all means to him.
Jun 29 2016 | 9:56 pm
- The Cubs’ success is fueling book sales for retired Harper College Dean of Admissions Bruce Bohrer. The Buffalo Grove author’s “Best Seat In The House! Diary of a Wrigley Field Usher” tells stories from his years as a...
Jun 27 2016 | 11:17 pm
- It’s one of those sunny, warm and beautiful June days that has some folks saying, “Man, I should have been a teacher so I could get the entire summer off.” Except …
Jun 23 2016 | 6:16 am
- The Cubs get swept by the dreaded Cardinals. Pessimists see the Cubs’ glass half-empty. Optimistic Cubs fans at North Shore Sports Bar & Grill in Glen Ellyn see the bartender refilling that glass.
Jun 21 2016 | 5:51 am
- On TV shows of my youth, such as “Bewitched,” the mother-in-law was always such a horrific character. My mother-in-law, Jean. whose funeral is Tuesday, was so not that character.
Jun 18 2016 | 4:52 pm
- Trapped in a nightclub where a killer was methodically slaughtering people, some victims used their cell phones to send final messages. Do those last conversations add to the feelings of hopelessness and horror, or do they comfort surviving family...