Mar 26 2017 | 8:34 am
- Bright and athletic, Quinna Phillips of Long Grove was playing soccer for Carmel High School on May 6, 2013, when she suffered a traumatic brain injury that changed her life.
Mar 23 2017 | 12:00 am
- If we could somehow turn elections into a gambling opportunity such as the NCAA tournament, we’d get a much better voter turnout. And maybe even a champion elected official.
Mar 21 2017 | 9:50 am
- One of the factors playing a role in stopping Donald Trump from enforcing his reworked travel ban is an Arlington Heights housing lawsuit from the 1970s that went to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mar 16 2017 | 9:50 am
- I figured to head into St. Patrick’s Day with a newfound reason to toast the holiday. But my DNA test comes back a bit flat.
Mar 13 2017 | 11:01 am
- For the first time since the NCAA basketball tournament began in 1939, the Northwestern Wildcats are going to the dance. “I love that NU has shed its nerd loser status and is now an elite university AND athletically competitive,” said...
Mar 04 2017 | 8:42 pm
- Billing her business as the first “pet cafe” designed exclusively for animals, Wauconda’s Colleen Berg sells everything from gluten-free doggy cookies to oat cannolis made for horses at Pawberry Lane Pet Café in Lake Villa.
Feb 27 2017 | 8:14 pm
- The Cubs World Series, the Super Bowl and even the Daytona 500 can make a pitch, but this year’s Oscar Awards was the quintessential American experience, Burt Constable writes.
Feb 21 2017 | 7:14 am
- It's unclear how Presidents Day became synonymous with mattress sales, but presidents from George Washington to the current occupant of the White House have a mattress story.
Feb 20 2017 | 2:17 pm
- Musician and piano-tuner Matt Ponio of Island Lake needs to update his resume after being part of a Grammy-winning team.
Feb 07 2017 | 7:30 am
- For athletes with developmental disabilities, the Special Olympics' annual figure skating, speed skating and cross-country ski competition has been their Super Bowl. This month's events will be the last, as Special Olympics Illinois is pulling the...