Apr 23 2017 | 8:31 am
- Quakers aren’t the Shakers who make the furniture. They aren’t Amish. And they aren’t typified by the Quaker pictured on the oatmeal container, but they are an interesting group.
Apr 15 2017 | 4:46 pm
- As a master potter with Haeger Potteries, Sebastiano Maglio created the world’s largest hand-thrown vase in 1976. The famous pottery closed last year and many museum quality pieces were auctioned off. But the retired artist in East Dundee...
Apr 13 2017 | 6:08 am
- The next best thing to being a World Series Champion Chicago Cub is being one of the lucky fans who personally delivers the championship rings to the players during Wednesday’s ring ceremony at Wrigley Field.
Apr 10 2017 | 8:47 am
- Not as famous as his big brother, actor Joel Murray helps run the William Murray Golf clothing line, and has plenty of his own Cubs memories.
Apr 11 2017 | 9:07 am
- Fans love the addition of banners hailing the Chicago Cubs as 2016 World Champions. As for the rest of the night, fans are sorry to see the bullpens no longer on the field, but they are happy to see an infamous seat down the leftfield line vanish.
Apr 06 2017 | 1:29 pm
- One hundred years ago today, the United States entered the “war to end all wars.” In addition to Cantigny Park, a hero of that offensive in the French namesake village is commemorated in Naperville. “There is a little of World War...
Apr 01 2017 | 6:23 pm
- After more than a century of going into the baseball season hoping that, just maybe, “this is the year,” Chicago Cubs fans start the 2017 season tonight with dreams, nay, expectations, of winning back-to-back World Series championships.
Mar 30 2017 | 6:52 am
- To understand how Joan Soderlund and Paul Souchek built a marriage lasting 70 years, watch them hold hands on their couch in Huntley and share each other’s stories about close calls involving the Titanic and a machine gun.
Mar 26 2017 | 8:34 am
- Bright and athletic, Quinna Phillips of Long Grove was playing soccer for Carmel High School on May 6, 2013, when she suffered a traumatic brain injury that changed her life.
Mar 23 2017 | 12:00 am
- If we could somehow turn elections into a gambling opportunity such as the NCAA tournament, we’d get a much better voter turnout. And maybe even a champion elected official.