Aug 31 2014 | 6:38 am
- As a kindergartener in Elk Grove Village, Mallory Marra just knew that she wanted to grow up to be a dolphin trainer. Now, as a trainer at Florida's Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Marra is thrilled to be working with the dolphin stars in the movie...
Aug 28 2014 | 12:31 pm
- A newspaper man who wrote novels, the late Daily Herald columnist Bill Granger clearly would have something to say about one of his books being made into a movie starring Pierce Brosnan. But what?
Aug 24 2014 | 12:43 am
- In 1997, 8-year-old Lisa Mongillo of Arlington Heights took a Make-A-Wish trip to Hawaii to see the periwinkle flower used to make one of the leukemia drugs doctors hoped would save her life. Now, she's a comedy writer and performer appearing in a...
Aug 20 2014 | 4:42 pm
- Surburban students heading off to college get a pitch from the National Guard, telling teens how they can "graduate from college with a degree, not debt." With the Guard having served in Afghanistan and Iraq, and now trying to keep the peace in...
Aug 19 2014 | 5:34 am
- Every year as summer moves closer to fall, we suburbanites must steel ourselves for the onslaught of World War Z. Those who aren't vigilant end up with more zucchini than we know what to do with. And that number is one.
Aug 17 2014 | 7:52 am
- Settling into their new lives as suburbanites iin DuPage County, recent Iraqi immigrants worry about the loved ones who remain in the war-torn nation, targeted by Islamic militants. World Relief in Wheaton has offered support.
Aug 14 2014 | 6:32 am
- This isn't your pervy uncle's pole dancing. The pole-dancing championship this weekend in St. Charles features gymnastics, athleticism and performances from suburban performers as well as last year's champion--a 26-year-old man. “That's the...
Aug 14 2014 | 3:05 pm
- While many charities help the wounded warriors who come home from military service with physical and mental complications, a Barrington woman and her partner have created an organization to help the overburdened caretakers.
Aug 10 2014 | 6:38 am
- The happy time-lapse video chronicling her pregnancy and the birth of their son was nearing the finish line for Arlington Heights native Rob Marshall and his wife, Erin, when a life-threatening heart defect changed everything.
Aug 07 2014 | 2:03 am
- Whether you've been married 50 years or just tied the knot last weekend, you could add to those memories by being part of a suburban attempt this month to break a world record. A Schaumburg jeweler and hotel hope to attract more than 1,087 couples...