Dec 09 2013 | 2:55 pm
- No students were injured Monday morning when the school bus in which they were riding was struck by another vehicle along Butterfield Road in Warrenville and sent spinning into a ditch, authorities said. The First Student bus was carrying students...
Dec 05 2013 | 12:38 pm
- Winfield resident Randy Link says he enjoys trying to turn his photographs into art. And with his picture of trumpets in a Winfield parade, our photo staff thinks he succeeded.
Dec 04 2013 | 4:36 pm
- Three firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling a two-alarm fire that severely damaged a large house in the Steeple Run neighborhood near Naperville.
Nov 06 2013 | 8:03 pm
- A Bloomingdale dentist's office and students from a Palatine school have combined to collect nearly 500 pounds of candy to send to our troops, who use them to curry favor with civilians overseas. "I was really surprised to find somebody who would...
Nov 06 2013 | 5:30 am
- The longtime president and CEO of the DuPage Children's Museum, Susan Broad, says she's retiring and plans to step down at the end of January. Broad helped oversee the museum's move to Naperville in 2001 and its continued growth — the museum...
Oct 16 2013 | 1:35 pm
- Listen to Amy Walsh talk about teaching for, oh, maybe two minutes, and you can sense the energy, the commitment, the passion. It's the kind of feeling you get when you happen across someone who's doing exactly what they want to do in exactly the...
Oct 07 2013 | 1:06 pm
- A Warrenville photographer captures first place in our monthly Photo Finish contest with his image of a praying mantis seemingly enjoying its own reflection.
Oct 04 2013 | 12:41 pm
- When you're getting ready for this year's Halloween party and taking one last glance in the mirror here's a really crucial tip: If you see a super hero staring back at you, you're good to go. Same thing if your reflection reveals a hideous zombie.
Oct 04 2013 | 9:10 am
- Community members will play a key role in selecting a new superintendent in West Chicago Elementary District 33, school officials say. The hunt for a leader to replace the retiring Kathy Wolfe is heating up and residents will have several...
Aug 29 2013 | 10:15 am
- Carol Stream's Brian Van Dine used a keen eye and a cool camera filter to walk away with this month's Photo Finish prize.