Jan 13 2015 | 12:27 pm
- Cardboard sled races, snow golf and volleyball, horse-drawn wagon rides and more will highlight Addison Park District's Winterfest celebration from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 18, in Community Park.
Dec 11 2014 | 11:54 am
- Todd Sherlock knows better than to leave home without his trusty Nikon. Sometimes it’s stashed in his coat pocket, sometimes in his car, but it’s almost always within fairly easy reach. For the past three or four years, the Downers...
Nov 26 2014 | 11:32 am
- The principal at Itasca's Peacock Middle School accepted a challenge from his students that imnvolved a simple deal: If they raised more than $100 for a new mascot costume they could dump really cold water over his head. Here's what happened ...
Nov 26 2014 | 5:26 am
- Former President George W. Bush is scheduled to make two appearances next week in DuPage County, including one in Naperville to promote his new book, “41: A Portrait of My Father.” Bush’s Naperville appearance will begin at 2 p.m.
Oct 31 2014 | 11:58 am
- Formed less than a year ago, Rise From the Ashes is a DuPage-based nonprofit group that helps women who have left abusive relationships and are unable to afford an attorney by providing them with legal council so they are able to fight for custody...
Nov 02 2014 | 4:44 pm
- Nick Albanese was one of roughly 17 dealers who were displaying - and selling - toy and miniature soldiers during the annual Toy Soldier Show at Cantigny Park in Wheaton.
Nov 01 2014 | 7:42 pm
- Joe Suchecki is an avid birder, the type of guy who always keeps his binoculars at the ready and who doesn’t hesitate to spend a few hours traipsing through a forest preserve or two with his eyes turned toward the sky. One of the paces that...
Oct 09 2014 | 12:30 pm
- Randy Link was checking out the vehicles at a car show a while back when the combination of a shiny chrome wheel and the rainbow of colors it reflected — blues, reds, greens, pinks — caught his eye. Link crouched to get closer, took...
Sep 02 2014 | 3:48 pm
- Forget for a moment that Villa Park's Oktoberfest celebration is in September and instead focus on all the cool things it features: bands, a talent contest, kids' activities and, yes, even an alligator named Bubba.
Sep 02 2014 | 3:08 pm
- West Chicago Park District residents will get a sneak peek Sept. 6 at their sparking new 70,000-square-foot, $15.5 million ARC Center in Reed-Keppler Park. Officials say it's the first indoor recreation center in the district's history -- and...