Aug 25 2016 | 4:44 pm
- Three-term Aurora Mayor Tom Weisner will step down Oct. 30, saying his long-running battle with cancer has begun to take a toll and he no longer can meet the expectations of the job.
Apr 29 2016 | 8:33 pm
- Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar is taking steps to end confusion over the nonexistent connection between Dennis Hastert and Hassert Boulevard.
Jul 31 2015 | 12:43 pm
- An audio recording sent anonymously to the Daily Herald of a Dec. 18 private meeting among College of DuPage trustees indicates strong support for the $762,867 buyout of embattled President Robert Breuder. Even Breuder foe Kathy Hamilton called the...
Apr 25 2015 | 4:32 pm
- Sorry lads and lassies, you'll have to wait 326 days until St. Patrick's Day. But who's counting? In Mount Prospect, no one pays attention to that pesky calendar. A celebration of the Emerald Isle can by just as fun in April as March. All the...
Feb 05 2015 | 11:28 am
- Larry Lato of Lisle went in search of some cool Midwestern waterfalls and some great pictures and darned if he didn't find them. Check out his prize-winning shot ...
Jan 13 2015 | 11:27 am
- Cardboard sled races, snow golf and volleyball, horse-drawn wagon rides and more will highlight Addison Park District's Winterfest celebration from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 18, in Community Park.
Dec 11 2014 | 10:54 am
- Todd Sherlock knows better than to leave home without his trusty Nikon. Sometimes it’s stashed in his coat pocket, sometimes in his car, but it’s almost always within fairly easy reach. For the past three or four years, the Downers...
Nov 26 2014 | 10:32 am
- The principal at Itasca's Peacock Middle School accepted a challenge from his students that imnvolved a simple deal: If they raised more than $100 for a new mascot costume they could dump really cold water over his head. Here's what happened ...
Nov 26 2014 | 4:26 am
- Former President George W. Bush is scheduled to make two appearances next week in DuPage County, including one in Naperville to promote his new book, “41: A Portrait of My Father.” Bush’s Naperville appearance will begin at 2 p.m.
Oct 31 2014 | 10:58 am
- Formed less than a year ago, Rise From the Ashes is a DuPage-based nonprofit group that helps women who have left abusive relationships and are unable to afford an attorney by providing them with legal council so they are able to fight for custody...