Feb 03 2017 | 4:27 pm
- Glen Ellyn Elementary District 89 is preparing to scrap plans to adopt boundary changes for the coming school year and instead focus on possible solutions to overcrowding for 2018-19.
Jan 06 2017 | 7:14 pm
- Four DuPage County mayors will file formal objections to annexation petitions Monday in an effort to block a push to ask voters in Lisle, Warrenville and Woodridge if they want to merge with Naperville.
Jan 05 2017 | 5:41 pm
- A mysterious push to merge three neighboring towns with Naperville has taken a step forward and could appear as a referendum question on the April 4 ballot.
Dec 30 2016 | 7:20 pm
- Naperville would become a much, much larger city if some residents in at least two neighboring towns have their way. Apparently spurred by the recent emphasis on government consolidation in DuPage County, residents in Lisle and Warrenville are...
Dec 29 2016 | 12:43 pm
- Villa Park’s plans for a newer and more useful public library will hinge on whether voters approve a tax increase in the April election.
Dec 22 2016 | 4:54 pm
- Diane Dillow is stepping down after 17 years as executive director of Warrenville Park District and will be replaced by Tim Reinbold, the district’s superintendent of recreation.
Dec 16 2016 | 5:06 pm
- Winfield Elementary District 34 names Matt Rich, an assistant superintendent in Downers Grove, as its new superintendent.
Aug 25 2016 | 4:44 pm
- Three-term Aurora Mayor Tom Weisner will step down Oct. 30, saying his long-running battle with cancer has begun to take a toll and he no longer can meet the expectations of the job.
Apr 29 2016 | 8:33 pm
- Bolingbrook Mayor Roger Claar is taking steps to end confusion over the nonexistent connection between Dennis Hastert and Hassert Boulevard.
Jul 31 2015 | 12:43 pm
- An audio recording sent anonymously to the Daily Herald of a Dec. 18 private meeting among College of DuPage trustees indicates strong support for the $762,867 buyout of embattled President Robert Breuder. Even Breuder foe Kathy Hamilton called the...